Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Which photography course

jmwollny 11 42 England
26 Aug 2003 3:20PM
Hello All, I am considered taking a photography course this October. I would regard myself as an intermediate skill level. I have been looking at the C&G 6923 Beginners Course. Does anyone have any experience of this or other courses?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sinargee e2
12 245
26 Aug 2003 3:53PM
If you truely class yourself as an intermediate student I would aim a little higher. The C&G course I feel would teach you little more than you probably know now.

You could look at a National diploma course or HNC even, I think these are better qualifications. If you pass your ND it would qualify you for a place at uni for a BA course, if you wanted to take it that far.
bakatit 11 31
27 Aug 2003 10:31AM
You might find something here

www.bipp.com/training/index.html
jmwollny 11 42 England
27 Aug 2003 12:04PM
Thanks for the info. I would like to do an NC course however I am limited to being able to study outside of work hours. The bane of a 9-5 job!
sinargee e2
12 245
27 Aug 2003 1:23PM
HNC courses are normally run as part time evening courses, so check your local college
Juris 11 34
28 Aug 2003 7:20AM
Not sure how to post links but, if you go to the 'search' section of this site and search for "courses" in the forum postings, you should throw up something useful.

I just tried this and found the 8th result to be useful as it contains two links to previous discussions.

Good luck.
SteveCharles
12 2.3k 18 England
28 Aug 2003 1:29PM
Jonathon,

I've done the C&G 6923 recently, and have taken part in previous discussions which you can read by clicking here and here.

Before I started, I considered myself 'intermediate'; I had used an SLR for about 4 or 5 years and read books and magazines, and thought myself quite knowledgeable. The first few lessons indeed covered quite basic stuff about lenses and stuff, but you really do learn in a structured way that books and mags can't seem to reproduce, and of course you're having your work assessed.

Steve
jmwollny 11 42 England
29 Aug 2003 10:50AM
Thanks for the advice guys. I think the C&G looks like a good start.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.