Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Which printing firm please?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
LouiseTopp
28 Aug 2013 - 6:15 PM

Can you tell me what Loxleycolour.com is like please? I have some prints that I would like to put on my wall for display. I would like them either 14 or 15 x 10 and 10 x 8 size.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
28 Aug 2013 - 6:15 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Graysta
Graysta  91118 forum posts England
28 Aug 2013 - 8:35 PM

Loxley are very good.
also DS colour labs are worth a look.

LouiseTopp
28 Aug 2013 - 8:42 PM

Ok I have signed up with Loxley colour and it says 1.44 (10 x 1-9 images.

Does that last bit mean I can have 9 prints at that size, for 1.44?

Don't matter about the mounts or frames as I can pick those up in Salisbury.

DSCL quote 10 x 8 as 50p for 1-99. So I could get between one and 99 copies of a 10 x 8 size? Are these very good please?

scottishphototours

The 1-9 bit indicates that EACH PRINT up to a maximum of 9 is priced at 1.44 each.... they generally get cheaper when you order 10 or more of the same print.

I'd order 1 of each from both companies and make your decision from there.

By the way...I've been using Loxleys for over 15 years and have NEVER had a bad print from them. I spend tens of thousands of pounds with them every year, and in all that time I've had only 2 errors - both of which were corrected within 24 hours.

Last Modified By scottishphototours at 28 Aug 2013 - 10:47 PM
thebobbyshaw
29 Aug 2013 - 11:45 AM

I've been using Peak Imaging for the last year or so and have excellent results from them - cost is on a par and they get the pics back to me in about 2 days....

LouiseTopp
29 Aug 2013 - 8:39 PM

Peak Imaging, never heard of them are they good please?

thebobbyshaw
29 Aug 2013 - 10:51 PM

I really like them, they were recommended to me by a friend and they have never failed to impress me - they are quality enough for me to be able to sell....

John_Frid
John_Frid  8514 forum posts United Kingdom56 Constructive Critique Points
29 Aug 2013 - 11:03 PM

Over the last few years I have used various labs and the ones I tend to use most are:

DS Colour Labs - Great prices for standard prints, but a little more pricey for Fine art prints. Reasonably consistent quality, but I did have a slight concern over a recent batch where 4 or 5 prints (out of 60) had some minor flaws

Loxley - Been using these for larger prints. Don't really like there ordering interface, but the print quality and speed of delivery is very good

Peak Imaging - Used to use these guys all the time, but had some colour matching issues a few year back and have tended to steer clear of them since. There service was always very good.

White Wall - Have been using these for canvases and although a bit pricey, the results are excellent

The Print Space - Somewhat pricey, but did produce some excellent fine art prints for me that have stood up very well to being exhibited quite extensively.

I guess we all have our own view of what is good for us, and any of the above (and plenty of others besides) will no doubt do a perfectly good job.

LouiseTopp
3 Sep 2013 - 7:28 PM

It's silly to start a new thread so i thought I would add to this one.

I am trying to order a photo through PhotoBox but it keeps saying that "the resolution of your photo is too low to produce the quality photo" how do I correct this please?

This is a pain, have just tried DS Labs but I couldn't see the thumbnails. I did that through Explorer, but on the payment page it kept going through to Chrome. I don't want to use that until I have sorted something out on there.

RogBrown
RogBrown e2 Member 72987 forum postsRogBrown vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
3 Sep 2013 - 10:20 PM

I had the same problem & couldn't find a way round it so used Pixum instead.

LouiseTopp
4 Sep 2013 - 2:35 PM

Pixum, what are they like and are they good?

RogBrown
RogBrown e2 Member 72987 forum postsRogBrown vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
4 Sep 2013 - 10:12 PM

Yep, about on a par with Photobox I'd say. I've placed a few orders with them & they've been fine.

LouiseTopp
5 Sep 2013 - 10:28 PM

Do they have a website please?

keithh
keithh  1022557 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
5 Sep 2013 - 10:56 PM

Yes.

LouiseTopp
6 Sep 2013 - 8:13 PM

What size should I make the file for printing photo's please?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.