Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Which radio trigger please?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    MarkJF
    MarkJF  7 England
    20 Dec 2009 - 7:03 PM

I have a D70 and SB600 and would like to know which radio trigger would be best to enable off camera flash use please?

I'm looking to spend no more than 50 so that rules out the ones tested by Will Cheung on here.

Any ideas gratefully received, many thanks and a happy Christmas to all

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    20 Dec 2009 - 7:03 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Dec 2009 - 7:30 PM

Have a look on Ebay in the Photography section, There are some UK based items within your budget, That look just right for the job.

I take it you have tried the Commander/Slave option availaible on the D70 & SB-600 ( CLS Lighting etc ) Where you can trigger the SB via the cameras onboard.

For sure it works, But does have limitations ie: Bright light/ Line of site, Range Sad

A radio option has none of those issues.....Wink

cameracat
    20 Dec 2009 - 8:32 PM

Heres one on Ebay....!

Its a 2 flash set up, But I'm fairly sure they do single ones for around 28 quid.....Wink

brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 1110243 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Dec 2009 - 10:34 PM

isn't it strange the prices these things go to in auction, here's the same thing via Amazon for 40

here

I'm thinking about getting one as they get quite good reviews, then again, I may go for the Seculine Twinlink from WE

Last Modified By brian1208 at 20 Dec 2009 - 10:34 PM
    canon_stu
    canon_stu  11140 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Dec 2009 - 10:57 PM

I got a 3 flash set up and one transmitter for 30 quid from hong kong, beauty is with some like the ones i bought they have integrated brolly holders. Have a look here

cameracat
    20 Dec 2009 - 11:16 PM

Quote: Isn't it strange the prices these things go to in auction

LOL....Quite agree, Its a case of buyer beware, And shop around, " Fleabay " is fast becoming " FleeceBay " and I'm not pulling the wool over your eyes.....Smile

These days I use Ebay, Just to find if something actually exists, Then I go direct to the company or outlet, Saves a fortune not only in item prices, But postage as well.

Quote: they have integrated brolly holders

Now thats a neat idea, Why is it we don't have people in the UK thinking this stuff up.....Sad Such a simple idea too.....Smile

MarkJF
    MarkJF  7 England
    24 Dec 2009 - 9:35 AM

Many thanks for your responses.
    Ordered an RF602 set from Cotswold photo on ebay, they arrived yesterday and work fine.
    Excellant service from Trevor and the team there.
    Thanks again and have a very Merry Christmas to all.

brian1208
    brian1208 e2 Member 1110243 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Dec 2009 - 12:02 PM

Mark - I'd be interested to hear how you get on with this as I'm looking to get one in the new year.

Its a toss up between the Seculine and the RF602 at the moment.

Can you use the RF 602 via pc cable at the camera and gun ends? (I want to be able to power the main light via the trigger and the subsidiary lights via my ST-E2 so need to leave the hotshoe on the camera vacant)

Snapper_T
    Snapper_T e2 Member 10848 forum postsSnapper_T vcard United Kingdom
    25 Dec 2009 - 2:37 AM

Quote: Many thanks for your responses.
    Ordered an RF602 set from Cotswold photo on ebay, they arrived yesterday and work fine.
    Excellant service from Trevor and the team there.
    Thanks again and have a very Merry Christmas to all.

I also bought these from Trevor a while ago. They are very good for the money, see a quick test here

Trev

su671
    su671  432 forum posts United Kingdom
    26 Dec 2009 - 5:35 PM

i bought my triger flash for my Nikon D80 from Ebay, got it from Hong Kong, wasnt expensive, think it only cost about 20, watch Gavin Hoye and he uses what i bought to take photos of water droplets,, just youtube it and it will come up, i have had no problems with it

su671
    su671  432 forum posts United Kingdom
    26 Dec 2009 - 5:37 PM

i agree with the coments about ebay, i use it mainly to find things i didnt know i needed then sorce it elswear,, Ebay is NOT CHEAP, justa handy place to look at stuff, then buy it elswear

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.