Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Which type of photo gets most votes?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Miles Herbert
23 Sep 2008 - 8:42 AM

But, Miss Surry ... in those days every shot was worth a 5! (Except for THAT duck photo which somehow managed to stumble it's way to getting an EC!)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
23 Sep 2008 - 8:42 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
23 Sep 2008 - 8:57 AM

Reinstate the duck! Reinstate the duck! Reinstate the duck!

Come on - everyone thought that one was an EC wind up by Pete even then Wink

I really think the duck should have it's own gallery, along with preening parrot and a couple of mine from those days. ECs you wish you'd never had Grin

Phil_Restan
23 Sep 2008 - 8:58 AM

So many people moan about nudes getting lots of votes - how do they know?
You can only see the votes when you open the thumb so they must be looking at them, that must be why nudes get so many views and no votes, it's just people opening them to see if they have more votes than their photo Smile Not because they like themSmile

User_Removed
23 Sep 2008 - 8:59 AM

Is the duck still around anywhere. Or has it quacked under the strain (sorry).. can someone post a ink.. this could be more fun than the MWC thread Grin

Be quack.. I mean quick about it.. I'm off to sunny Manchester soon

WelshKiwi
WelshKiwi  63231 forum posts Wales2 Constructive Critique Points
23 Sep 2008 - 9:05 AM

Moning All, this isnt the first time Ive heard about the duck, what the heck is it ??

Sunny in North Wales too Smile No rain since last week now, just wonderful Smile

User_Removed
23 Sep 2008 - 9:13 AM

Quote: Sunny in North Wales too No rain since last week now, just wonderful

You said this yesterday too Lee.. think I must be in a 'wet spot' or something. In this part of North Wales, (albeit JUST) we had rain yesterday and it'd looking as if it might today too Sad

I blame the Government / Gordon Brown / Global Warming / Credit Crunch / George Michael (delete as applicable)

Last Modified By User_Removed at 23 Sep 2008 - 9:13 AM
csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
23 Sep 2008 - 9:14 AM

Unfortunately in a fit of embarrassment Miles deleted the duck under the pressure put upon him by Pete to remove the evidence.

Grin

So it is just something for us old-timers to remember with fondness.

User_Removed
23 Sep 2008 - 9:16 AM

Le canard est mort I think we should start a campaign to have it reinstated

Last Modified By User_Removed at 23 Sep 2008 - 9:16 AM
ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014708 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
23 Sep 2008 - 9:33 AM

ahh the rose tinted glasses are coming out Wink

If they brought back the scoring system out of 5, I think they should enforce a comment of 200 characters or more for any score of 5 or 0 and 100 or more for 1 and 4, just to put people off dishing out 5's to their mates for no other reason than they are their mates

Wink

I guess everyone would get a 3 then though Wink

Simon_Palmer
23 Sep 2008 - 9:38 AM

Anyone else noticed or is it just me that the clicky cliquers never come and join in on these type of threads tho Wink Funny that.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014708 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
23 Sep 2008 - 9:47 AM

They've not enough time Simon, all that clicking and pointless commenting takes most of their day.

Wink

Miles Herbert
23 Sep 2008 - 9:53 AM

Quote: Unfortunately in a fit of embarrassment Miles deleted the duck under the pressure put upon him by Pete to remove the evidence.

Alas, the duck is gone, but not forgotten ... Somewhere under a ton of landfill, sealed in a little film canister, there may be a roll of Jessops 400 ISO Grain Machine Film upon which my famous EC award winning duck now sees out his days.

... and most of the pressure came from Cheryl herself, who I believe was jealous of the sharpening technique I used which made the image so sharp that you cut yourself just looking at it.

:o)

MediumSizeUnavailable

hmmm, better I get a word in before one of them complains to Pete that he's being bullied and intimidated, and Pete meekly closes the thread.

a word

conrad
conrad  910873 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
23 Sep 2008 - 10:18 AM

Quote: better I get a word in

Quote: a word

That's two, actually... Wink

User_Removed
23 Sep 2008 - 10:19 AM

Can see why you're on the critique team Wink

I don't hold with click fishing myself but I'm off to Manchester now and if I don't find loads of clicks when I get back (you can leave them in a bucket by the back door), they'll be big trouble Grin

Last Modified By User_Removed at 23 Sep 2008 - 10:21 AM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.