Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Which type of photo gets most votes?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

texturencolour
30 Sep 2008 - 4:37 AM

I am a new member here and a beginner photographer. must admit I'm guilty of checking out peoples pf when they've left a comment on one of my photos,but this is simply because I'm curious to see what they take photos of. this is a way of learning whose pf's I want to keep track of. And yes I do comment on most photos I click on because I believe in positive reinforcement. however I would never post a comment if I didn't like the photo or believe it unworthy of a vote. I am still hesitant to critique an image because I have no technical knowledge but sometimes I will comment on composition because this is more to do with the way you see things and is more a personal opinion. Phew more than 5 cents worth there!
ps Would love any of you to have a look at my pf and leave constuctive crits, not just nice remarks. after all I want to learn and improve

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
30 Sep 2008 - 4:37 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MediumSizeUnavailable

Try posting your future uploads, or some of them, in the critique gallery Jennifer.

GaryR
GaryR  71348 forum posts England
30 Sep 2008 - 7:50 AM

Quote: ....probably more accurate to say

An RC, whilst appreciated, simply means that 30 or more people like you

Ade, I know what you mean but it has to be wrong. I have never had 30 people like me in my life!

Gundog
Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
22 Jun 2013 - 8:50 PM

Some things never change. My last contribution on this subject, on a recent thread, was deleted by the odious Thought Police.

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43641 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jun 2013 - 9:00 PM

@ Gundog, I was tempted, as a member of the odious Thought Police you refer to, to delete your post, added to a thread that was last active in 2008, but you know what ? It is so pathetic, I can't be bothered wasting my time, as you have done finding this dead thread.

Last Modified By saltireblue at 22 Jun 2013 - 9:09 PM
Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jun 2013 - 9:35 PM

Quote: Some things never change. My last contribution on this subject, on a recent thread, was deleted by the odious Thought Police.

Talks a good game, but yet to see any evidence of how good or bad a photographer he is, so don't I don't really take much notice of owt he says Malc!......Seems to me like another one of life's trolls who has nothing better to do than than make odious comments in the forums.....

That should have lit the blue touch paper......Off ta hide behind the sofa now and watch me hedgehogs......TongueTongueTongueTongueTongue

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111517 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
23 Jun 2013 - 2:14 PM

Quote: @ Gundog, I was tempted, as a member of the odious Thought Police you refer to, to delete your post, added to a thread that was last active in 2008, but you know what ? It is so pathetic, I can't be bothered wasting my time, as you have done finding this dead thread.

I believe that is one of the better responses I have seen on her in a long time. Well played SB

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014486 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
23 Jun 2013 - 9:04 PM

I don't see the point in moderators stirring the pot. Why not just ignore it, like most of the rest of us do? I'm trying my best to toe the line, and I ignore the little digs and twists, and it makes for a better experience for everyone, imo. However, it doesn't take much to get my hackles up, and Saltireblue's response did just that. I don't think it was funny.

KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 92972 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
23 Jun 2013 - 9:27 PM

Quote: this dead thread.

If that be the case then why has it not been deleted.
Conform or be damned Wink

Last Modified By KenTaylor at 23 Jun 2013 - 9:29 PM
pulsar69
pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jun 2013 - 8:12 PM

Ahh its a good old wine and chocolate thread , put yer feet up and enjoy , after enough glasses join in, then regret it tomorrow and attempt a hasty retreat shortly followed by a stout rebuttal.

I personally am not bothered about votes but still get pleasantly surprised when i receive some as i know they are genuine ( or at least i haven't bought them in any way )

After my recent stint as guest ed i gave out a lot of awards, and received emails from lots of grateful people. However my next photos uploaded don't show any trend of more votes or votes from people i gave awards too so i think in some ways the click brigade is not what it used to be, maybe people are sick of scratching each others backs?

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014730 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jun 2013 - 12:09 AM

awards much appreciated - votes in the post Wink

was it really 2008 when this tread was live... crikey, time flies

janeez
janeez e2 Member 51174 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jun 2013 - 12:16 AM

Quote: was it really 2008 when this tread was live...

I was merely a twinkle in Epz's little eye back then Smile

Quote: After my recent stint as guest ed i gave out a lot of awards

Darn it, I missed that! Wink

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014730 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jun 2013 - 12:20 AM

think I was still in my "voting's so unfair" phase....

ah - life was so much easier when I got over that...

then again - it;s been a while since I got 100 votes for a shot....

#gutted Wink

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314948 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jun 2013 - 12:26 AM

Switched the voting off on mine a fair while ago, a least I can no longer get accused of vote fishing Smile

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
25 Jun 2013 - 1:58 AM

I switched off voting and awards the very day EPZ Towers finally gave us the right to do so - having staunchly declined for years.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.