Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Who are the members of the critique team?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: Question Answered
TonyCoridan
17 Mar 2013 - 10:13 AM

Simple question:

Who are the member of the critique team?

1. What is their qualification?

2. How do they get the job as a critique; what criteria do they have to meet?

3. What guideline do they use to assess/review photos?

4. Do you have a link to the criteria that you could share with me, please?

I hope you find this as question a legitimate one, because, the reviews and criticisms do affect how I develop as a photographer.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 Mar 2013 - 10:13 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 31125 forum posts United Kingdom192 Constructive Critique Points
17 Mar 2013 - 10:16 AM

Have a look at the top of the critique forum page and follow the link to the 'correct way' to offer critique. It links to the team page and a 'how to' section.

Nick

Last Modified By Sooty_1 at 17 Mar 2013 - 10:18 AM
JJGEE
JJGEE  96103 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
17 Mar 2013 - 10:18 AM

Critique Team

pulsar69
pulsar69  91611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
17 Mar 2013 - 10:19 AM

I am not a critique team member but would have thought as this is an open and friendly forum in the most that simply:

There is no qualification as it is not a 'job' it is something someone kindly gives their time to do , all opinions are going to be subjective to an extent and the job of the critique team will be to try and remain as open minded as possible and pass on valuable criticism and praise where deemed appropriate and often in accordance with their own personal knowledge and skills.

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 74168 forum postsKarenFB vcard England160 Constructive Critique Points
17 Mar 2013 - 10:38 AM

The Critique Team do a brilliant 'job', on their own time, for no wages and for most of the time no thanks!!

It really gets to me when folk who don't like The Critique Team's opinions come into the forums to voice their dissatisfaction. If you have a legitimate problem then scroll down to the bottom of the page and 'Contact Support'. This would get to the people that (perhaps in your eyes) 'count' and if any untoward comments have been made it will be sorted.

arhb
arhb e2 Member 62052 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom67 Constructive Critique Points
17 Mar 2013 - 10:57 AM

Reading between the lines Karen, I don't think Tony is dissatisfied, or dislikes the points raised by the critique team.

Tony, you need to consider that your path as a photographer will be a long one -
generally speaking, anything that can be achieved quickly is short-lived.

Over 2 or 3 years, you will see your portfolio develop and your ability improving, and a style will emerge.

Accept the critique given - absorb what you find useful and disgard the rest.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
17 Mar 2013 - 11:13 AM

Tony, like any online photography site with a gallery members upload to show, share or learn. We decided a long time ago to make the learn aspect a more valuable aspect of the gallery. A place where members could give feedback. To ensure that all photos uploaded to this new section did receive attention we decided to create a team of volunteers who would spend time looking at and offering advice on the photos uploaded to this sub category of the gallery. The team is a sample cross profile of the membership so you will get a concentrated focus on your work. The idea being that, unlike other gallery sites, your work is guaranteed to be seen and discussed. Like Andrew (arhb) says absorb what you find useful and disregard the rest.

banehawi
banehawi Critique Team 9710 forum postsbanehawi vcard Canada2670 Constructive Critique Points
17 Mar 2013 - 2:28 PM

If you look at the link provided for the team, theres a very short bio Tony.

As for me. 40+ years in photography, film and digital since the first digital cameras were produced; Degree in Digital Photography from a Toronto college, where I attended evening classes for 4 years; Adobe certified in Photoshop pre CS; I teach photography in a night class to beginners; a Bachelors Degree in Psychology; a love for photography, and most of all for teaching.

An Elecrtical Engineer by trade, now retired.

None of this guarantees Im a good photographer. All the team enjoy photography, understand all the basics in great depth, and love to see people learn and grow. Thats quite simply the only reason we volunteer many hours to something we love. And its a 2 way street. We learn form each other, not only within the team, but also from members posting images for critique. We are challenged by many images, and through that process, learn.

As Pete says, with a will to learn, take what will improve your skills, and you dont have to take anything into account you dont want to. Start with the basics. Thats where you will learn a lot in the CG. Be open, dont be defensive, - this is a huge barrier to learning.

Starting another forum topic thats essentially a continuance of some of your previous topics in another guise, and questioning the credentials of the CT is to me showing that you can be very difficult person to get through to.

I dont think Ive seen any member with so many forum topics locked in such a short time, (this could be yet another) and that in itself is something you can learn from. Please focus on learning how to take photos, then move on to making images, and start with the basics of the operation of the camera, aperture, focal lengths, shutter speeds and limitations, ISO, camera functions and modes, - all of which we can provide a great deal of help with.

regards

Willie

Last Modified By banehawi at 17 Mar 2013 - 2:40 PM
NEWMANP
NEWMANP e2 Member 61581 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom572 Constructive Critique Points
17 Mar 2013 - 2:30 PM

if you want my credentials or those of the other team members then ask the appropriate member by pm direct and not on the open forum. i and i am sure the others would not want this information on open space in any case
Phil

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
17 Mar 2013 - 2:37 PM

Tony, you have to understand that the Critique Team (of which I was a member for 4 years, leader for 3 of them) merely leads the critique effort. It is not the sum total of that effort.

You too can give critique... it is a good way of thinking about your own photography. Give it a go!

The guidelines for critique are here, with more advanced guidelines here.

Hope that helps. Smile

TonyCoridan
17 Mar 2013 - 3:23 PM

Quote: Tony, you have to understand that the Critique Team (of which I was a member for 4 years, leader for 3 of them) merely leads the critique effort. It is not the sum total of that effort.

You too can give critique... it is a good way of thinking about your own photography. Give it a go!

The guidelines for critique are here, with more advanced guidelines here.

Hope that helps. Smile

Thank you!

Tony

TonyCoridan
17 Mar 2013 - 3:24 PM

Quote: If you want my credentials or those of the other team members then ask the appropriate member by pm direct and not on the open forum. i and i am sure the others would not want this information on open space in any case
Phil

Sure, thanks for the advice,

Tony

TonyCoridan
17 Mar 2013 - 3:27 PM

Quote: If you look at the link provided for the team, theres a very short bio Tony.

As for me. 40+ years in photography, film and digital since the first digital cameras were produced; Degree in Digital Photography from a Toronto college, where I attended evening classes for 4 years; Adobe certified in Photoshop pre CS; I teach photography in a night class to beginners; a Bachelors Degree in Psychology; a love for photography, and most of all for teaching.

An Elecrtical Engineer by trade, now retired.

None of this guarantees Im a good photographer. All the team enjoy photography, understand all the basics in great depth, and love to see people learn and grow. Thats quite simply the only reason we volunteer many hours to something we love. And its a 2 way street. We learn form each other, not only within the team, but also from members posting images for critique. We are challenged by many images, and through that process, learn.

As Pete says, with a will to learn, take what will improve your skills, and you dont have to take anything into account you dont want to. Start with the basics. Thats where you will learn a lot in the CG. Be open, dont be defensive, - this is a huge barrier to learning.

Starting another forum topic thats essentially a continuance of some of your previous topics in another guise, and questioning the credentials of the CT is to me showing that you can be very difficult person to get through to.

I dont think Ive seen any member with so many forum topics locked in such a short time, (this could be yet another) and that in itself is something you can learn from. Please focus on learning how to take photos, then move on to making images, and start with the basics of the operation of the camera, aperture, focal lengths, shutter speeds and limitations, ISO, camera functions and modes, - all of which we can provide a great deal of help with.

regards

Willie

I really appreciate that you took time to answer me,

Thank you,

Tony

TonyCoridan
17 Mar 2013 - 3:42 PM

Quote:

None of this guarantees Im a good photographer.

regards

Willie

Who is a good photographer? What makes one a good photographer? Art, I think is subjective!

I posted a photo in one of the thread and asked if people liked it some did some didn't someone said he'd pay 75.00 for it but that photo was sold for over $4000000!

I'm sure you think you've got some talent and proud of it.

Regards,

Tony

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 33375 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway22 Constructive Critique Points
17 Mar 2013 - 3:57 PM

Quote:

I'm sure you think you've got some talent and proud of it.

Regards,

Tony

Tony, this is just the kind of comment that comes over as personal and sarcasm and gets peoples backs up.
Please think about what you have written before hitting the 'Add' button.
Perhaps you don't mean it as sarcasm, but it sure as hell sounds very much like it.

Malc

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: Question Answered