Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Who has had their 15 minutes of fame?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
thearmsofvenusdemilo

Just wondering if anyone has done anything out of the ordinary , knows any one famous, or maybe even is famous! What was your 15 mins?

Colin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Apr 2007 - 10:23 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
26 Apr 2007 - 10:27 PM

Being a London hospital's prize "exhibit" at the Royal Society of Medicine's AGM........

.........have to confess, I would have like to have achieved fame in a different way! Sad

Last Modified By Dave at 26 Apr 2007 - 10:27 PM
Krakman
Krakman  73615 forum posts Scotland
26 Apr 2007 - 10:34 PM

Being interviewed on Ukrainian telly...

thearmsofvenusdemilo

Prixe exhibit???? lol Do tell

Colin

thearmsofvenusdemilo

Interviewed ?? sounds intiguing!!

Colin

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
26 Apr 2007 - 10:51 PM

Quote: exhibit???? lol Do tell

I believe I was the only person in the UK with the version of the ailment which kept me off EPZ for about 5 months or so!

Doctors have given lectures on me to captivated (or is that captive) medical audiences, and I believe I am an article in The Lancet and other medical journals. (I haven't seen any of them though - don't particularly want to either!)

Last Modified By Dave at 26 Apr 2007 - 10:52 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
26 Apr 2007 - 10:54 PM

You're a modern day Joseph Merrick, CB.
Wink

Carabosse
26 Apr 2007 - 10:55 PM

I've been called worse!!

;-D

Krakman
Krakman  73615 forum posts Scotland
26 Apr 2007 - 11:19 PM

Quote: Interviewed ?? sounds intiguing!!

Sadly can't remember what I said or why Sad

Last Modified By Dave at 26 Apr 2007 - 11:21 PM
KevinEllison
KevinEllison e2 Member 72417 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
27 Apr 2007 - 12:19 AM

Fell out of a raft on the Zambesi white-water rafting run a few years back. (It was also a Friday 13th) Refused to let go of the rafts grip line...white-knuckle grip...raft rolled a few times and stripped all my clothing off except wet-suit vest.
On return to base at day's end I found it was one section of rapids that hadn't been named...until now ..the guides had all christened it "The creamy white buttocks"..Didn't really believe it at the time, but a friend living out there sent me another video with sound commentary a coupla years later.. and I realised I had achieved MY 15 minutes of fame....!!
Kevin.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Carabosse
27 Apr 2007 - 1:19 AM

Any photos?

;-D

elowes
elowes  92830 forum posts United Kingdom
27 Apr 2007 - 6:14 AM

Been on telly a few times, usually a back shot or coming out of a house in a white suit. Don't think it all amounted to 15 mins though.

Variously described as a forensic expert, fire investigation expert and fire arms expert.

TV makes you look short and fat and there was me thinking I was tall, dark and handsome.

randomrubble
27 Apr 2007 - 8:07 AM

I was interviewed about toilet provision in high street shops for 'Retail Equipment and Design' magazine a few years back.

Is there a more obscure claim to fame than that?

Geoffphoto
27 Apr 2007 - 8:09 AM

I can beat that - after I came back from a photographic expedition to Burma I put on a show of the slides for a local club, and I was interviewed on none other than BBC Radio Cornwall !!!!

Photographs on the radio - worked really well guys !!!

Last Modified By Dave at 27 Apr 2007 - 8:19 AM
riprap007
riprap007  91568 forum posts England37 Constructive Critique Points
27 Apr 2007 - 8:11 AM

yes, had 15 minutes, was offered 15 years (sounded like a life sentence) so ran away! To expand, when I was plying my trade as an actor I turned down the opportunity for a regular part in a soap.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.