Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Who hasn't uploaded any photos

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
davidc
davidc  10313 forum posts England
5 Mar 2004 - 10:20 AM

Clicking on members profiles when reading the forums, I have noticed that there are quite a number who have been a member for several months if not years without any photos posted. I think this is a shame - when a member comments in a forum one often wants to see their work.

So this is not a demand, just a polite request - if you have not uploaded any photos, don't be shy. Let us see your masterpieces - you never know, you mught get an EC.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Mar 2004 - 10:20 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

kit-monster
kit-monster e2 Member 103685 forum postskit-monster vcard Singapore2 Constructive Critique Points
5 Mar 2004 - 10:25 AM

David - I agree. This is after all a website about photos.

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
5 Mar 2004 - 10:28 AM

Well said David. I think it's fair enough that people join and don't upload for a short while, whilst they get the feel of the place, but months or years is a bit much.

Ian

Bernie
Bernie  102201 forum posts
5 Mar 2004 - 10:31 AM

Sorry Gents, I disagree.
Maybe some just like looking at others photo's.
I like looking at paintings, but I don't paint.

Bernie...

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
5 Mar 2004 - 10:31 AM

Some visitors come here to learn and gather information. If they want to use the forums they have to register and that means a folio is automatically created whether they want to upload pics or not.

I don't want it to be obligatory that members have to upload photos, but I agree it would be good if everyone had at least a few of their favourite pics for us to view. I'd also like all members to post up a self portrait and a bit about themselves, but that doesn't always happen either.

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
5 Mar 2004 - 10:40 AM

Oh well, if you're okay with it Pete then the rest of us must be also. Maybe I'm just getting cranky in my old age.

:0)

Ian

davidc
5 Mar 2004 - 10:41 AM

Bernie - you are right, visitors can just look. I do that on other websites myself. All I am saying (and in this I think Pete agrees) it would be nice if those who have joined, uploaded some examples of their work. It is a request, not a demand.

sword of damocles
sword of damocles e2 Member 10258 forum postssword of damocles vcard United Kingdom
5 Mar 2004 - 10:41 AM

In a face to face social encounter it is polite to share some information about oneself when entering into dialogue with people that you have never met before.

If someone is only here to look at the pictures they do not have to register. If however they wish to add comments or join in the forum discussions I see no reason for them not to at least state on their profile that they like to view rather than take pictures. Its simply good manners.

Chris_H
Chris_H  101472 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
5 Mar 2004 - 10:47 AM

well i am one of those guilty ones who dont uplodad pics, i am planning on doing so i just do not have any pics scanned onto my computer i am hoping to get a scanner in the next month or so and then i will start uploading some pics.

fatwoul
fatwoul  10129 forum posts
5 Mar 2004 - 10:49 AM

I agree that several people (including a handful that I know, and have recently been accused of actually being, *sigh*) are currently just looking at the website, before deciding whether to post pictures, and if so what sort of pictures may appeal to the very distinct and specific audience this website attracts.

Pete, in the cases, for example, of students/amateur photographers who may indeed be shy of showing their work, could there be some mechanism for them to show images by their favourite photographer or something instead - for example, could another box come below the EC box and the "Photos by" box, that says "X also likes the following photos" or something, and some mechanism to that member to then link to a photo them may have found elsewhere on the web?

That way, if a member likes the work of (ie) Robert Adams, they could link to their favourite Adams picture (properly credited, of course) in their profile. This might then give other members an insight into the sort of work that interests fellow visitors to the site, who may not yet feel ready to contribute images of their own.

I'm sure there are a gaggle of different legal constraints to such a suggestion, but I think it would be a nice alternative, and also permit those of us who do contribute photos to show the rest of the group what sort of work we admire.

michaeldt
michaeldt  101201 forum posts
5 Mar 2004 - 10:52 AM

not everyone has a digital camera, scanner or money to spend getting photos scanned. if you want to see my pics, you are more than welcome to come visit my home and you can trawl through all the many packs of pictures.
entrance fee applicable Wink

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
5 Mar 2004 - 10:58 AM

Robin (fatowl) I don't want people to bring in other photographers work because that introduces all sorts of copyright problems. Happy for people to link to pictures elsewhere if they want to say what they like. We now have a growing number of students posting pics and I like the refreshing variety. There's absolutely no need to be shy. Post and enjoy!

davidc
5 Mar 2004 - 11:02 AM

Thats fine Michael - but I'm on an economy drive at the moment and can't afford your fee. Seriously, you joined only a couple of weeks ago so my comments were not meant for you. We all need time to acclimatise, get the right gear and pluck up the courage...

kit-monster
kit-monster e2 Member 103685 forum postskit-monster vcard Singapore2 Constructive Critique Points
5 Mar 2004 - 11:23 AM

Just occured to me that to post, you need either a digital camera or a scanner.

Nicely put Chris (sword of d).

Edward

pingu
pingu  10
5 Mar 2004 - 11:28 AM

Just read this and realise I'd been member for several months and other than 2 photo entries I hadn't managed to get around to uploading any of my photos on to the site. Feeling a bit guilty about this I've made a start and uploaded a couple now.
It can be a bit daunting though displaying photos publically but I guess can only help improve my photography (I hope!) to hear other people's opinions and thoughts. I've certainly enjoyed viewing other people's work on there in the past and found it to be inspiring.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.