Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Who is your favourite photographer?

Krakman 8 3.6k Scotland
13 Dec 2006 3:43PM
Has no one mentioned Martin Parr and Simon Norfolk yet? I'd second Philip-Lorca diCorcia.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

collywobles e2
10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
13 Dec 2006 4:45PM
Charlie Waite, Joe Cornish, Michael Buselle
stevekhart e2
8 4.5k 3 United Kingdom
13 Dec 2006 4:47PM
Mario Testino is one - or maybe I'm just jealous Wink
joolsb e2
10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
13 Dec 2006 5:06PM

Quote:His choice of where to stand when he's working in the same location as you is even better.
Wink

Are you telling us he found better angles than you or did he just keep popping up in your shots? Smile
andytvcams e2
12 10.4k United Kingdom
13 Dec 2006 5:14PM

Quote:Are you telling us he found better angles than you or did he just keep popping up in your shots? Smile

Well he walked across three of mine last week.
joolsb e2
10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
13 Dec 2006 5:18PM

Quote:Interesting Jools. I can see David Ward's influence in your recent 'intimate landscapes'. hadn't realised you'd gone on his workshops. He's obviously an excellent teacher, as well as a great photographer Smile

The recent trip to Utah and Arizona was partly his Bryce and Zion trip with Light&Land. Previous to that, I was on an LF Workshop with him and Joe C.

Quote:I'm currently really into the minimal B&W water scapes of David Fokos for what it's worth!

Thanks for that link, Mike. Some pretty inspirational stuff there.
joolsb e2
10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
13 Dec 2006 5:21PM

Quote:Well he walked across three of mine last week.

Sounds like a great marketing opportunity there for Northscape, Andy. Something along the lines of: "We take you to the places where Joe Cornish shoots. And here's the proof!"

Well, maybe not. Getting a model release might be tricky... Smile
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
13 Dec 2006 5:23PM
Likely to knock bookings on the head in all honesty.
Wink
dcash29 e2
9 2.0k England
13 Dec 2006 6:42PM
Tom Mackie, you can pick his pictures out from the rest. The composition and sharpness is second to none
PatrickSmith e2
9 1.2k 2 United States
13 Dec 2006 7:38PM
Maybe this is blasphemy, but I've looked at every Joe Cornish image that I could find anywhere. And while I really like his work and he is in my list of favourites that I keep on my web browser, I can think of at least 10 EPZ'ers whose landscapes are just as good.

I'll vote for the late Galen Rowell

Patrick
joolsb e2
10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
13 Dec 2006 7:44PM

Quote:I'll vote for the late Galen Rowell

Some nice shots but he doesn't half love cranking the saturation up to 11... Wink
Geoffphoto e2
8 13.5k United Kingdom
13 Dec 2006 7:47PM
Richard Avedon, John Swannell....Oh and Sam Haskins, who made me want to be a photographer in the first place and Charlie Roff.
Camairish e2
9 1.3k Scotland
13 Dec 2006 9:06PM
Andris Apse - he was the reason I developed an interest in landscape photography - can't remember his website address but if you Google his name you'll find it,

Ian.
Nickscape e2
8 705 9 England
13 Dec 2006 9:52PM
I quite like the style of Adam Burton and the Timecatcher group. The dramatic colour and great compositions, especially with the inclusion of water are probably the best images I have seen from any landscape photographer.
Geoffphoto e2
8 13.5k United Kingdom
14 Dec 2006 4:03PM

Quote:Andris Apse - he was the reason I developed an interest in landscape photography

Ian, Andris Apse is a brilliant landscape photographer from New Zealand
his website is here

and well worth a look !!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.