Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Who's an aged rocker?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

SamLS
SamLS  8232 forum posts United Kingdom
16 Nov 2009 - 1:28 PM

Well, I am.

Went to see Deep Purple at Hammersmith last night, first rock concert I've been to for about 30 years.

Amazing evening, they're all old and grey. As were probably 90% of the audience.

It took maybe 10 minutes to get over the "good grief this hasn't changed since I had long hair, why am I here?" before my brain woke up and switched on, and I sat back (actually, stood up) and started enjoying myself.

The photographic connection is: there were signs all over the place saying "no photography of any kind including mobile phones". Obviously no chance of using an sla but but just about everybody had their mobiles out and were snapping away.

Really frustrating as there were some beautiful shots waiting to be taken and the camera in my mobile is rubbish (I always considered that if I was anywhere "photogenic" I'd have a real camera with me so why bother spending money on a phone with a decent lens). Seriously considering upgrading now.

What an evening though. I'm looking on the internet now for the next bunch of oldies trying to relive their yoof.

Sam

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Nov 2009 - 1:28 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
16 Nov 2009 - 1:47 PM

Me too. Still playing (and 'Smoke' is on the set list Wink)

Last Modified By User_Removed at 16 Nov 2009 - 1:49 PM
TrevW
TrevW  5117 forum posts United Kingdom
16 Nov 2009 - 5:00 PM

Yeah I still enjoy good rock music. I saw Purple a couple of years or so ago at Wembly. Their support band was Lynard Skynard! So that was a bonus.

Last year I saw Neil Young at Hammersmith apollo and this year saw Porcipine tree there. I assume most would not of have heard of them, but I would strongly recommend them. (I'm 50 btw Wink )

Trev.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
16 Nov 2009 - 5:05 PM

It makes me laugh looking at the punk bands that are still on the circuit...doesn't quite seem the same the way they are now...with rockers you can age and still pull it off...generally. Porcupine Tree are youngsters in comparison to some of the bands still doing the rounds. Seeing Steve Howe from Yes on a documentary made me realise how ancient I am now. But I like the modern stuff too... which helps me forget that I was watching some of these bands back in 1974.

SamLS
SamLS  8232 forum posts United Kingdom
16 Nov 2009 - 5:22 PM

Yep I find it quite amusing that kids like the music that I grew up with.

Some years ago the BBC (radio 2) unexpectedly played some Zepplin so I did what every self-respecting rocker would do and wound the volume up (to "11" - well maybe not.) My daughter who was then around 15 came stomping up the stairs and demanded that I turned the volumn down.... I nearly split myself laughing.

Yes are at the Apollo tomorrow by the way. I couldn't cope with two in one week though

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
16 Nov 2009 - 5:26 PM

Quote: My daughter who was then around 15 came stomping up the stairs and demanded that I turned the volumn down.... I nearly split myself laughing

When I was living at home my dad used to turn up Mantovani...I was into Bowie and found those brief 20 min (side of lp) sessions awful!

SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
16 Nov 2009 - 5:33 PM

Quote: did what every self-respecting rocker would do and wound the volume up (to "11" - well maybe not.) My daughter who was then around 15 came stomping up the stairs and demanded that I turned the volumn down.... I nearly split myself laughing.

LMAO!!!

Love it ..

stolzy
stolzy  83753 forum posts7 Constructive Critique Points
16 Nov 2009 - 6:13 PM

Quote: I saw Purple a couple of years or so ago at Wembly. Their support band was Lynard Skynard! So that was a bonus.

I could have sworn they all died in a plane crash in 1977

ensign
ensign e2 Member 7185 forum postsensign vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
16 Nov 2009 - 6:14 PM

Count me in, still listening to Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, sabbath, Deep purple and Tangerine Dream. i wont bang on.
Bernard

mohikan22
mohikan22  102188 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
16 Nov 2009 - 6:16 PM

i listen to Iron maiden (still going 30yrs on) Sex pistols, Pink Floyd,sabbath and the usual "fathers day driving album" full of classic rock .
matt.

wrinkles
wrinkles e2 Member 5349 forum postswrinkles vcard United Kingdom
16 Nov 2009 - 6:25 PM

Bloody hell I fit in this era, must be getting old. My son loves Iron Maiden,he's 28,and plays all thier stuff on guitar.

mohikan22
mohikan22  102188 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
16 Nov 2009 - 6:29 PM

snap but alas im 34 Sad ON THE OUTSIDE!!!! inside i gotta be at least 20 by now Grin

TrevW
TrevW  5117 forum posts United Kingdom
16 Nov 2009 - 7:00 PM

Quote: Quote:I saw Purple a couple of years or so ago at Wembly. Their support band was Lynard Skynard! So that was a bonus.

I could have sworn they all died in a plane crash in 1977

Three members of the band died in that crash. The others survived. Those survivors reformed later. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynyrd_Skynyrd.

Last Modified By TrevW at 16 Nov 2009 - 7:02 PM
stolzy
stolzy  83753 forum posts7 Constructive Critique Points
16 Nov 2009 - 7:32 PM

Quote: Three members of the band died in that crash. The others survived. Those survivors reformed later. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynyrd_Skynyrd.
[/quote]Hmmm...some
might say the band died in that plane crash. Judging by the patiche of SHA I heard recently, they may be right.

jken
jken  81672 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
16 Nov 2009 - 8:36 PM

Aged rockers eh...have any of you listened to Chicken Foot. Mr Hagar last time looked was 60+ with Satriani being in his 50's.

Funny thing is my 7 & 3 year old boys are nuts in them, along with Zepp, Sabbath etc, etc.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.