Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Why

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

phil1963
phil1963 e2 Member 2264 forum postsphil1963 vcard United Kingdom
17 Sep 2012 - 1:18 PM

On a recent drive to Scarborough to sell our caravan i was amazed how many times i wanted to get out of the car to take pictures especially approx 30 miles from Scarborough. There were hay bales,picturesque barns,fields of mist and too many more to mention. why is it around where i live even the countryside there is nothing like this? is it me not noticing because i'm used to it? anyway we have to go up there again on Wednesday and i will get out of the car to take pictures.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 Sep 2012 - 1:18 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
mikehit  56296 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
17 Sep 2012 - 1:40 PM

I find that I tend to look at a new place in a different way than I look at myhome town so I would not be surprised by whatyou say. As an aside, they say that more accidents happen when you take a different route to work or school because it is familiar enough to 'feel safe' and run on autopilot but different enough that you miss new dangers. So that would extend to the 'familiarity breeds blase' (somehow 'contempt' is not the right word) line of thinking.

Quote: around where i live

Where would that be?

phil1963
17 Sep 2012 - 1:41 PM

Quote: I find that I tend to look at a new place in a different way than I look at myhome town so I would not be surprised by whatyou say. As an aside, they say that more accidents happen when you take a different route to work or school because it is familiar enough to 'feel safe' and run on autopilot but different enough that you miss new dangers. So that would extend to the 'familiarity breeds blase' (somehow 'contempt' is not the right word) line of thinking.

around where i live

Where would that be?

Blackpool

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315557 forum posts England
17 Sep 2012 - 1:44 PM

(saying nothing) Wink

Big Bri
17 Sep 2012 - 1:46 PM

Actually, I usually find that the areas where I see great views, there's just nowhere to stop.

phil1963
17 Sep 2012 - 1:52 PM

There was one field covered with mist and it had an old stone barn at the far endTongue and it was next to a lay-by on the A64

Last Modified By phil1963 at 17 Sep 2012 - 1:53 PM
thewilliam
17 Sep 2012 - 1:52 PM

We take our normal surroundings for granted and so miss pretty well everything that a stranger would find interesting.

puertouk
puertouk  21063 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
17 Sep 2012 - 1:54 PM

If I were you I would concentrate on the road and not at bales of hay in fields!

phil1963
17 Sep 2012 - 1:55 PM

Quote: We take our normal surroundings for granted and so miss pretty well everything that a stranger would find interesting.

Thats true but i'm more interested in the countryside and not fairgrounds and the illuminationsSmile

phil1963
17 Sep 2012 - 1:57 PM

Quote: If I were you I would concentrate on the road and not at bales of hay in fields!

I drive safely,i saw the fields ahead of other traffic on the road and not side onTongue i was a professional driver for 10 years.

User_Removed
17 Sep 2012 - 2:08 PM

Quote: Actually, I usually find that the areas where I see great views, there's just nowhere to stop.

That is very true.

It seems to be a fact of photographic like that you will see far more to photograph on a half-mile walk away from the road than on a 50-mile drive on the road.

JohnParminter
17 Sep 2012 - 2:08 PM

Quote: There were hay bales,picturesque barns,fields of mist and too many more to mention. why is it around where i live even the countryside there is nothing like this?

Down to different use of the countryside Phil. Around Blackpool its predominantly dairy, green grass and loads of cows. Over in east Yorkshire its more arable or mixed, rolling open fields of cereals, they would have been straw bales you have seen either the rectangular or round ones I guess.

You have just noticed a difference in land use and made comparisons I guess, perhaps noticing the arable land more interesting or unfamiliar to what you are used to.

phil1963
17 Sep 2012 - 2:12 PM

Correct it was the round bales i noticed while driving SAFELYTongue I would rather live in Yorkshire thoughSmileSmile

Big Bri
17 Sep 2012 - 2:27 PM

Now Phil, I just wanted to check, were you driving safely at the time ?

Wink

phil1963
17 Sep 2012 - 2:57 PM

Well when o saw the bales of hay I almost choked on my fish and chips which caused me to drop my mobile phone and lose my page on the book o was readingGrinGrin

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.