Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

why do I have to press the Backspace key twice?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    puertouk
    puertouk  31080 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Apr 2013 - 11:33 AM

Hi guys,
    Whenever I have answered a topic on here, I then have to press the backspace key twice to get me back to the EPZ home page. Is anyone else having this problem? If so, anyone know how to get back to just one click.
    Stephen

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    11 Apr 2013 - 11:33 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sparrowhawk
    sparrowhawk e2 Member 5268 forum postssparrowhawk vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Apr 2013 - 11:40 AM

look at the top of the page an you'll see an arrow key pointing to the left just click on it an you'll go back to the previous page

Campervanman
    Campervanman e2 Member 6715 forum postsCampervanman vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Apr 2013 - 11:40 AM

This happens to me sometimes and not just in the forums - I just click on the ePHOTOzine logo (top left) to get back to the home page.

saltireblue
    saltireblue Site Moderator 44028 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway26 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Apr 2013 - 11:45 AM

I had this problem when I used IE. Happened on several sites.
    By holding down the "Go back" arrow to show page history, there were blank, hidden FB pages, almost like a tracking page, inbetween the actual site pages.
    Click once and you only go back to the invisible page, click once more and you go to the page you wanted.
    Weird, as I am not on Fęcesbook. All stopped when I ditched IE.

Last Modified By saltireblue at 11 Apr 2013 - 11:47 AM
    GazzaG2003
    GazzaG2003  11252 forum posts England
    11 Apr 2013 - 1:39 PM

happens to me also on this website, its pretty frustrating as i have always used the backspace key to navigate back! Sad

mikehit
    mikehit  56679 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Apr 2013 - 2:22 PM

I had a similar problem on another site where my return key would not work when writing a post and the solution may work here.

The explanation given was that the website may not have been written for the version of internet explorer that you have on your computer so bits and pieces go awry. On the IP address bar (the one that reads http://www.ephotozine....) you have a magnifying glass icon, and a refresh icon (circular arrow). If there is a discrepancy between the IE versions you will also see something that looks like a grey page torn in half horizontally. If you click on that 'torn page' so that it turns blue it activates a compatibility mode and may solve the problem.
    If there is an auto-update to the IE it may resolve the issue and the 'torn page' icon will disappear

Last Modified By mikehit at 11 Apr 2013 - 3:08 PM
    davidburleson
    davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72390 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
    11 Apr 2013 - 2:42 PM

We have found in the past that the problem is IE security settings changing. Go into IE and reset your internet settings, specifically the one which deals with 3rd party cookies to the default. Sometimes updates to security software can cause these changes.

Last Modified By davidburleson at 11 Apr 2013 - 2:43 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    puertouk
    puertouk  31080 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Apr 2013 - 3:40 PM

Thanks guys, I will look into it

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.