Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

why do I have to press the Backspace key twice?

puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
11 Apr 2013 11:33AM
Hi guys,
Whenever I have answered a topic on here, I then have to press the backspace key twice to get me back to the EPZ home page. Is anyone else having this problem? If so, anyone know how to get back to just one click.
Stephen

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sparrowhawk e2
6 268 2 United Kingdom
11 Apr 2013 11:40AM
look at the top of the page an you'll see an arrow key pointing to the left just click on it an you'll go back to the previous page
Campervanman e2
7 717 1 United Kingdom
11 Apr 2013 11:40AM
This happens to me sometimes and not just in the forums - I just click on the ePHOTOzine logo (top left) to get back to the home page.
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
11 Apr 2013 11:45AM
I had this problem when I used IE. Happened on several sites.
By holding down the "Go back" arrow to show page history, there were blank, hidden FB pages, almost like a tracking page, inbetween the actual site pages.
Click once and you only go back to the invisible page, click once more and you go to the page you wanted.
Weird, as I am not on Fęcesbook. All stopped when I ditched IE.
GazzaG2003 11 252 England
11 Apr 2013 1:39PM
happens to me also on this website, its pretty frustrating as i have always used the backspace key to navigate back! Sad
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
11 Apr 2013 2:22PM
I had a similar problem on another site where my return key would not work when writing a post and the solution may work here.

The explanation given was that the website may not have been written for the version of internet explorer that you have on your computer so bits and pieces go awry. On the IP address bar (the one that reads http://www.ephotozine....) you have a magnifying glass icon, and a refresh icon (circular arrow). If there is a discrepancy between the IE versions you will also see something that looks like a grey page torn in half horizontally. If you click on that 'torn page' so that it turns blue it activates a compatibility mode and may solve the problem.
If there is an auto-update to the IE it may resolve the issue and the 'torn page' icon will disappear
11 Apr 2013 2:42PM
We have found in the past that the problem is IE security settings changing. Go into IE and reset your internet settings, specifically the one which deals with 3rd party cookies to the default. Sometimes updates to security software can cause these changes.
puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
11 Apr 2013 3:40PM
Thanks guys, I will look into it

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.