Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Why do my pictures go unnoticed?

11 May 2009 10:09PM
just curious if anything is wrong with my profile? i find it odd that after my pictures have flown through the upload gallery they just seem to go un-noticed, and hardly get any votes or comments, i know i aint a proffesional but i feel my pictures are better than a couple of votes! i aint begging for people to vote for my pictures here but i feel i may have some settings wrong or something as its very difficult to get votes!
Thanks for taking time to read this!
Kind regards
Ryan

(rwilliams84)

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

11 May 2009 10:24PM
ok maybe it aint just my pictures! lol
11 May 2009 10:33PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wtf am i doing wrong?
stolzy 9 3.8k 7
11 May 2009 10:33PM
You seem to get plenty of comments and clicks.

You won't get huge numbers of clicks unless you're in a click clique. If you don't know what a click clique is, then that is to your credit.

Just ignore the number of votes, why would you care? Its nice to get comments and you seem to get plenty.
mcgannc e2
6 389 3 England
11 May 2009 10:37PM
I wouldn't get hung up on the votes too much. If it's advice you're after then best to upload into the critique gallery.

Chris
11 May 2009 10:37PM
ahhh so how many of these click cliques are they? gee i thought voting here was honest!
being fairly new and naive here i wondered if i was doing something wrong with my settings! thank you so much for your help!
11 May 2009 10:38PM
yeah tried that too, then you get one person slate everything you have done wrong rather that tell you they like it!!
i cant win here Tongue
11 May 2009 10:39PM
congrats on mnc win btw
Krakman 8 3.6k Scotland
11 May 2009 10:40PM

Quote:Ahhh so how many of these click cliques are they? gee i thought voting here was honest!

It is honest. I accept Paypal. 20p per click.
oneill 6 155 Ireland
11 May 2009 10:41PM
hello ryan,, your p/f is great,,and i cant see why your not getting more votes,,your work is very good,, and sometimes takes members a little longer to get around to voting,, just keep posting,, pat,,,,,,
mcgannc e2
6 389 3 England
11 May 2009 10:43PM

Quote:Quote:Ahhh so how many of these click cliques are they? gee i thought voting here was honest!It is honest. I accept Paypal. 20p per click.

15p a click Wink
User_Removed 5 694 3 Scotland
11 May 2009 10:47PM
You are not doing anything wrong it's just the way of this site. People are responding to the pics you request critique for so that is good. Grabbing votes is a novelty that wears off quickly when you realise that (for most of us) it is not really sustainable. Think about how you select pics to view when looking at the Photography Gallery. It really is a lottery and I tend to go for pics that are not run of the mill.
Krakman 8 3.6k Scotland
11 May 2009 10:48PM

Quote:20p per click.
15p a click

Tell you what, we click each others', and you pay me the 5p difference Wink Smile
mcgannc e2
6 389 3 England
11 May 2009 10:49PM

Quote:Congrats on mnc win btw

Cheers. I've had a quick look at your PF, it's also an idea to consider what time you upload - sometimes it's ridiculously busy and shots will quickly get bumped down to the 2nd or 3rd page due to so many uploads. Other times, there doesn't seem to be many people viewing the gallery but as I said, it's not worth getting too hung up on the lack of votes - I've put shots up that I thought would do well and they've just bombed, I just suppose it's a case of whoever is online when you upload.

I'm rambling now so best quit there...
mcgannc e2
6 389 3 England
11 May 2009 10:59PM

Quote:Quote:20p per click.
15p a clickTell you what, we click each others', and you pay me the 5p difference

Not sure I could vote on yours, one is just crap... Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.