Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Why do people post images to gallery sites?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

agoreira
agoreira  106001 forum posts Wales
16 Sep 2005 - 12:31 AM

"Unfortunately I have seen many examples of a poster posting a few very good images and getting high praise and regard and then, because they gain a reputation for good photography they automatically get a high "click" rate on every image they post (good, bad or indifferent)."

There we are, we agree on something!Wink I'm with you 100% on that one, it's like a mutual appreciation society.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Sep 2005 - 12:31 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110152 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
16 Sep 2005 - 12:43 AM

I post to pbase as its cheaper and easier than having my own website.

I post here because I'm addicted Smile (and for all the usual sensible reasons too)

edit:

Quote: There we are, we agree on something!Wink I'm with you 100% on that one, it's like a mutual appreciation society

there you go Frank - even you've caught the bug now, its not the agreement I mind - but 100% ? Smile

Brian

agoreira
agoreira  106001 forum posts Wales
16 Sep 2005 - 2:10 AM

" there you go Frank - even you've caught the bug now, its not the agreement I mind - but 100% ? Smile"

Yes! 100% Brian! Wink As the man says, some people here have put up some inpressive stuff, and are rightly congratulated on it. However, even when they slip in a duff 'un, (which we all do!)they still get rave reviews, it's as if people are afraid to say anything, afraid to offend. I've always maintained, well directed, constructive criticism is far more useful to that person, then continual back slapping when it is unwarranted.

robertnorbury
16 Sep 2005 - 2:30 AM

Quote: Where in Leeds Robert if I may ask? I'm sure people would be interested, especially if its as good as alot of work on your web site.

My stuff is at 1 Olive, in the Dark Arches.

robertnorbury
16 Sep 2005 - 2:34 AM

I am not being hypocritical, I still believe that everyone's art is their own. I don't believe that all photography is art. Sometimes it's illustration.

Morpyre
Morpyre e2 Member 91622 forum postsMorpyre vcard Wales8 Constructive Critique Points
16 Sep 2005 - 2:52 AM

there are times when i am spending hour after hour drawing an image by hand and the arms, wrists and hands are aching which makes me at times think i would love to be able to press a button and have my image instantly completed but that's what i like about having the two choices of art as a drawing passtime and art as a photographic passtime - and these days now digital is so good it creates an in between passtime that links the three - i enjoy doing these with such a passion i would require digital manipulation to get the happy smile off my face =)

User_Removed
16 Sep 2005 - 3:44 AM

I post because it's become part of the routine, to see what fellow enthusiasts think of my pics. To view other posters pic, and comment on them, automatically learning to improve my photography. Everything about this site is good for my photography..... its an online club.
If E2 membership was a bit cheaper I'd probably be in that too!!!!

JustStartingOut

Before I answer the original question: For the record, I like the conker AND the carrots. But the 'Hole in Bridlington' is my favourite - I'm surprised at its lack of clicks compared to the amount I've been getting on my much more amateurish efforts.

As for why I post pics (not many yet) on here.

I'm very new to all this "proper" photography lark (hence my login name), having just got my first digi SLR after many years of point-and-clicking away in blissful ignorance.

I don't know any serious photographers IRL, so without this forum, my only options for feedback on my photos would be to show them to friends and family, which I do, but of course they all just say they love everything Smile

So I am posting (what I consider to be) my better pics on here for 3 reasons:

1) in the hope that you scarily talented people will give me some (gentle!) constructive criticism that will help me improve my photography

2) to stimulate conversation with people who share my hobby (because if I try to talk to my hubby about photography, quite frankly his eyes glaze over, a little like mine do when he proudly shows me his latest fishing gadget!)

3) and finally, because, quite honestly, one comment of praise from another photographer is worth a hundred "ooh, that's nice dear"s from my mum and dad! Smile

Sarah

Tooth
Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
16 Sep 2005 - 8:51 AM

@juststartingout:

You hit the nail bang on the head, especially with (2) and (3)

JustStartingOut
16 Sep 2005 - 10:49 AM

just had a quick squint at your portfolio Tooth - you're one of those scarily good photographers I was talking about! lovely locations - we visit Donegal quite often - can't wait to go back with my new camera.

richijenkin
20 Sep 2005 - 4:47 AM

I show my mates (who arent interested in photography) and they just comment on the subject photographed. I spend hours on holiday photos, getting the colour right, straightning the horizon, getting rid of red eye and making them black & white with bits of colour in. but people just flick through them saying " ooo, you had good weather then". I dont very often hear "ooo, I like the effect you've put on that one".

hhhmmmmm, maybe my pics are rubbish, I didnt think of that?!?!?

Anyway..back to the subject...I post pics cus it is nice to have someone say.. "Hey, nice pic dude, you did well to get that"

AircraftNutz
21 Sep 2005 - 12:58 PM

Too many respones to read but I'll put my penny worth in anyway.

I haven't posted any pictures yet but some will be going on very soon. My motive? My pictures are crap and I'm hoping that one hundred more eyes on them might help satisfy my desire to get something really worthwhile framed and on the living room wall.

God bless this gallery site. God bless ePz members!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.