Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Why do you come to EPZ ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

pulsar69
pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
7 Apr 2013 - 4:25 PM

Just thought it would be nice to hear people views for visiting EPZ ?

Heres mine :

To catch up on the latest photo news and products
To join in the odd healthy debate
Out of a sense of long standing loyalty !

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Apr 2013 - 4:25 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

paulcookphotography

I think i discovered ePz from a link on a site that was advertising a competition, but since then i have come back time and again to read up on the latest industry news, enter some comps and share some of my non-work related images.

Much more recently i have explored the forums, although i dont regard the forums as something that attracts me to the site. Getting involved as a Guest Editor on a couple of occasions has been a great way to see the broad spectrum of other members' styles and abilities, however.

sparrowhawk
sparrowhawk e2 Member 5268 forum postssparrowhawk vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
7 Apr 2013 - 4:36 PM

basically i love it cos there are people who love it with a passion like i do and also i can use my skills on an eqaul playing field an not be at a disadvantage dueto my disability an catch up with friends who are true freinds !!

Last Modified By sparrowhawk at 7 Apr 2013 - 4:42 PM
brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110368 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
7 Apr 2013 - 4:43 PM

I found EPZ about 9 years ago and have been participating on a regular basis ever since

Why, well the primary reason is because I enjoy it and would miss it if I didn't

A few specifics (but by no means all)

- I like looking at other peoples' work, both to admire and learn from
- I learn a lot form the information shared in the forums
- I find the reviews interesting and useful (an have contributed a few myself)
- I enjoy the "social" contact via the forums

So, I guess I will stick around a little longer Smile

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 44036 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway26 Constructive Critique Points
7 Apr 2013 - 4:45 PM

In no particular order:

For the craic.
To learn and improve.
To understand.
To discuss.
To help, if I can.

sparrowhawk
sparrowhawk e2 Member 5268 forum postssparrowhawk vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
7 Apr 2013 - 4:46 PM

Basically i love it cos there are people who love it with a passion like i do and also i can use my skills on an eqaul playing field an not be at a disadvantage dueto my disability an catch up with friends who are true friends !!

Last Modified By sparrowhawk at 7 Apr 2013 - 4:47 PM
Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
7 Apr 2013 - 4:47 PM

Quote: Why do you come to EPZ ?

It's become an integral part of my life, over the past 10 years, to the extent that asking me such a question is similar to asking "Why do you have breakfast?" Wink

widtink
widtink  2406 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
7 Apr 2013 - 4:57 PM

To learn and improve
To discuss different aspects of photography
To look at the for sale page
To check out other peoples work both to admire and learn from
To catch up with the friends I have made on here
Tae get a laugh now and again Wink

sparrowhawk
7 Apr 2013 - 5:17 PM

Quote: Basically i love it cos there are people who love it with a passion like i do and also i can use my skills on an equal playing field an not be at a disadvantage due to my disability an catch up with friends who are true friends !!

puertouk
puertouk  31080 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
7 Apr 2013 - 5:29 PM

Because we are a load of sad sods!!! Wink
Noooo, but I am sure some are LOL. I have met a few people here inTenerife who are EPZ members and its nice to meet up and have a chat or even go out on photo shoots. I enjoy going through the images and checking out the EXIF data. If I can help anyone out with a problem, all well and good. There´s certainly one or two characters on here, which certainly brighten my day up.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96341 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
7 Apr 2013 - 5:43 PM

Once you have been a member for several years I suppose you just stop by as part of your daily routine.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014842 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
7 Apr 2013 - 6:32 PM

Habit
update on Lucien's view of the world
occasional forum goading
upload a shot most days - out of habit

Graysta
Graysta  91135 forum posts England
7 Apr 2013 - 7:11 PM

Coz I have the link saved.
And cannot be arsed to search when pissed TongueWink

And all things considered it is probably the best.
Oh and I just like the people here.
I feel that you - me - new or old are a community - OK some may need a little care within, having been here for double figure star years. But It's a home base.

Pete I think you got it right.

Gypsyman
Gypsyman  4659 forum posts England
7 Apr 2013 - 7:12 PM

I upload at least one Snap shot a Day, in the hope that one day one of them will get a readers award, then I will begin to think maybe I will one day get to take
Photographs.

Graysta
Graysta  91135 forum posts England
7 Apr 2013 - 7:24 PM

Quote: I upload at least one Snap shot a Day, in the hope that one day one of them will get a readers award, then I will begin to think maybe I will one day get to take
Photographs.

There already is some Good stuff in your Pf just had a quick look Love - over and under.
Sometimes the time you post photo's makes a difference to who views or votes,as this site is almost world wide timing can gain or enhance voting. Never stop posting, sometimes I do but realize that the buzz from a great shot motivates you.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.