Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Why does the Olympus advert obscure my drop down menu?

tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
22 Mar 2014 7:47PM
15-capture.jpg

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KarenFB 8 4.4k 163 England
22 Mar 2014 7:55PM
Mine is okay - Firefox.

Perhaps a glitch that needs reporting. Smile
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
22 Mar 2014 8:00PM
Because they want to ensure you see the advert Wink
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
22 Mar 2014 8:01PM
Mine's OK too...also Ff and screen res of 1920 x 1080
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
22 Mar 2014 8:29PM
I can`t even find this page Smile
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
22 Mar 2014 10:02PM

Quote:Because they want to ensure you see the advert

So far, the most obvious answer

Nowt to do with FF etc;

Possibly the reason why, apart from the home page, one's user name (next to the avatar) is a live link (something I reported when the upgrade occurred)
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
22 Mar 2014 10:17PM

Quote:Possibly the reason why, apart from the home page, one's user name (next to the avatar) is a live link (something I reported when the upgrade occurred)

Err no.. the reason is because only the homepage and Directories have completly moved to the new design.
The rest of the site is using an intermediate, non-responsive design.
richmowil e2
5 279 1 England
22 Mar 2014 10:34PM
Mine is O.K. Too
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
22 Mar 2014 10:39PM

Quote:Err no.. the reason is because only the homepage and Directories have completly moved to the new design.

Perhaps as well they haven't then
cameracat 11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
23 Mar 2014 1:05PM
It's to annoy you into never buying into the Olympus camp.

Works on me, I bought a Jaffa cake instead Tongue

Anyone else find the new made for mobile devices homepage extremely dire.

If anything is going to drive people away from reading anything whatsoever on any site, It's gotta be a crummy home page that hurts the eyes and makes no sense.

I am no stick in the mud, Change is always a welcome thing " Sometimes ", However that applies to change for the better, This latest incarnation of our homepage " Sucks " .

Wink
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
24 Mar 2014 6:13PM
Said advert replaced and the problem has gone away
karl 11 588 United Kingdom
24 Mar 2014 8:48PM
I can't say for sure as I didn't see it, but I'm guessing the advert was a flash based one? If so then that'd explain it, it's down to the way the browser handles flash which is technically another program running inside the browser (runs as it's own process) and in certain combos of browser + flash plugin it always draws it on top rather than obeying the normal z-index hierarchy on how items should be stacked for display.
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
24 Mar 2014 9:22PM

Quote:I can't say for sure as I didn't see it, but I'm guessing the advert was a flash based one? If so then that'd explain it, it's down to the way the browser handles flash which is technically another program running inside the browser (runs as it's own process) and in certain combos of browser + flash plugin it always draws it on top rather than obeying the normal z-index hierarchy on how items should be stacked for display.

A very sensible answer, rather than the mine's OK or submit a report (which I actually did in the end)
karl 11 588 United Kingdom
24 Mar 2014 9:35PM
I have my moments Smile

It's about time flash was put out to pasture really, it has served its' purpose and had its' day. There's no need for it these days with HTML5s support for video and drawing canvases.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.