Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Why does the Olympus advert obscure my drop down menu?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 85874 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Mar 2014 - 7:47 PM

15-capture.jpg

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Mar 2014 - 7:47 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KarenFB
    KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84257 forum postsKarenFB vcard England162 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Mar 2014 - 7:55 PM

Mine is okay - Firefox.

Perhaps a glitch that needs reporting. Smile

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96233 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Mar 2014 - 8:00 PM

Because they want to ensure you see the advert Wink

saltireblue
    saltireblue Site Moderator 43692 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Mar 2014 - 8:01 PM

Mine's OK too...also Ff and screen res of 1920 x 1080

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314978 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Mar 2014 - 8:29 PM

I can`t even find this page Smile

tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 85874 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Mar 2014 - 10:02 PM

Quote: Because they want to ensure you see the advert

So far, the most obvious answer

Nowt to do with FF etc;

Possibly the reason why, apart from the home page, one's user name (next to the avatar) is a live link (something I reported when the upgrade occurred)

Last Modified By tomcat at 22 Mar 2014 - 10:06 PM
    lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014066 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Mar 2014 - 10:17 PM

Quote: Possibly the reason why, apart from the home page, one's user name (next to the avatar) is a live link (something I reported when the upgrade occurred)

Err no.. the reason is because only the homepage and Directories have completly moved to the new design.
    The rest of the site is using an intermediate, non-responsive design.

richmowil
    richmowil e2 Member 5240 forum postsrichmowil vcard England1 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Mar 2014 - 10:34 PM

Mine is O.K. Too

tomcat
    22 Mar 2014 - 10:39 PM

Quote: Err no.. the reason is because only the homepage and Directories have completly moved to the new design.

Perhaps as well they haven't then

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Mar 2014 - 1:05 PM

It's to annoy you into never buying into the Olympus camp.

Works on me, I bought a Jaffa cake instead Tongue

Anyone else find the new made for mobile devices homepage extremely dire.

If anything is going to drive people away from reading anything whatsoever on any site, It's gotta be a crummy home page that hurts the eyes and makes no sense.

I am no stick in the mud, Change is always a welcome thing " Sometimes ", However that applies to change for the better, This latest incarnation of our homepage " Sucks " .

Wink

tomcat
    24 Mar 2014 - 6:13 PM

Said advert replaced and the problem has gone away

karl
    karl Site Moderator 10572 forum posts United Kingdom
    24 Mar 2014 - 8:48 PM

I can't say for sure as I didn't see it, but I'm guessing the advert was a flash based one? If so then that'd explain it, it's down to the way the browser handles flash which is technically another program running inside the browser (runs as it's own process) and in certain combos of browser + flash plugin it always draws it on top rather than obeying the normal z-index hierarchy on how items should be stacked for display.

tomcat
    24 Mar 2014 - 9:22 PM

Quote: I can't say for sure as I didn't see it, but I'm guessing the advert was a flash based one? If so then that'd explain it, it's down to the way the browser handles flash which is technically another program running inside the browser (runs as it's own process) and in certain combos of browser + flash plugin it always draws it on top rather than obeying the normal z-index hierarchy on how items should be stacked for display.

A very sensible answer, rather than the mine's OK or submit a report (which I actually did in the end)

Last Modified By tomcat at 24 Mar 2014 - 9:22 PM
    karl
    karl Site Moderator 10572 forum posts United Kingdom
    24 Mar 2014 - 9:35 PM

I have my moments Smile

It's about time flash was put out to pasture really, it has served its' purpose and had its' day. There's no need for it these days with HTML5s support for video and drawing canvases.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.