Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Why I don't want photography classed as art ..

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

paulcookphotography

Quote: Thanks for suggesting to me what I think and mean Paul - what would I do without you? It seems some people on here would have a disagreement in an empty room ... It gets very tedious.

Just to clarify for you ... I neither want or need photography to be classed as art. It is though and I have no wish to try to change it or indeed achieve anything else from this post. And for the record I think the chimpanzee photography thing is pointless and ludicrous along with the accompanying comments in the article describing it as an 'important piece of work' etc .. Is that ok Paul? If I meant something else Paul please advise me so I can change it. Wink

I had typed much more here as a reply, but somehow i dont think it matters what i post as you seem to be building an argument around your own post and opinion all on your own. All i will say is whether you want or need photography as art (or not as the case may be), it is and has been for some time, so it beats me what all the fuss is about. As far as me 'telling you what you think and mean' it was quite the opposite - i was trying to work out what you were meaning.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
21 May 2013 - 1:49 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

monstersnowman
21 May 2013 - 3:42 AM

And you quite clearly misunderstood and was rather more keen on building an argument than dealing with my simple dislike for such facile, vacuous and puerile efforts such as chimpanzee photography which are the realm of contemporary art than the craft of good photography.

Of course I seem to be building a discussion (you call it argument) around my post and own opinion - I, after all, was the OP who started off the thread and to do anything else would be to take my own thread off topic and off the thing that I started the thread off to discuss in the first place. What on earth else would I do?

Seriously Paul, I could have posted anything and it would have been your endeavour to challenge and argue on any level - even on my entitlement to base the discussion around my own opening post and my own opinion. Again I will reiterate that I accept photography is an art, whether it has been accepted as such for a long time is arguable. I don't need it to be an art and have no want or wish for it to be classed as art as i clearly stated in my heading, as it does not add any value except inadvertently that it attract efforts such as chimpanzee photography and other such ridiculous concepts. That is wholly my opinion and even you can't argue that I have no right to an opinion even if you do feel that as the OP with my own opinion I am somehow wrong to base things around the opening post and my opinion therein ...

And of course you were not trying to work out what I was meaning but rather telling me what I was meaning despite me clarifying it .. Popcorn must sell very well .. I must also thank you for sparing me by not typing much more. Grin

Last Modified By monstersnowman at 21 May 2013 - 3:54 AM
paulcookphotography

Haha, yeah...

I'm no sure where you are getting all that from, but fair enough.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.