Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Why is it?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 85793 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jul 2012 - 6:17 PM

Happily in about 8 years of visiting Scotland every summer I've yet to meet a midge Smile Possibly because the bulk of my time has been in Edinburgh Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
12 Jul 2012 - 6:17 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Railcam
Railcam  7448 forum posts Scotland
12 Jul 2012 - 8:16 PM

Try beautiful East Lothian. Midge free but always windy! Bring a tripodSad

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 85793 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jul 2012 - 9:29 PM

I've visited a few places in East Lothian but need to settle down, write a list of all the places I have visited and sort out some places I've not visited yet.

kaybee
kaybee  93699 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jul 2012 - 8:28 AM

Put Cove on your list

cattyal
13 Jul 2012 - 8:54 AM

Quote: Put Cove on your list

As in Cocksburnpath or Gilmerton? or both? Smile

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 63201 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jul 2012 - 10:14 AM

Quote: yeah, we have one of those. you could give him a wad of free money and he would say "thanks, sigh that'll soon be gone" in a flat depressed voice.

Smile I was married to one of those - not any more Smile

He probably realised the money would quickly go on expensive camera gear Wink

I think KB might be referring to Cove near Kilcreggan.

cattyal
13 Jul 2012 - 10:36 AM

Quote: yeah, we have one of those. you could give him a wad of free money and he would say "thanks, sigh that'll soon be gone" in a flat depressed voice.

Smile I was married to one of those - not any more Smile

He probably realised the money would quickly go on expensive camera gear Wink

I think KB might be referring to Cove near Kilcreggan.

Ah - I wasn't really into photography when married to him - he was the one spending all his money on camera gear and doing model portfolios. I did however make sure, in the run up to his departure, that I bought some half decent kit for myself as I knew I'd not have much spare cash when I had to pay the mortgage solo Smile

As for Cove - shall take a look - mmmm - possibly not an option a bit too far west. Ok it's not that far - I'll add it to the list just in case.....

Railcam
Railcam  7448 forum posts Scotland
13 Jul 2012 - 11:33 AM

I think the Cove being referred to is the one near Cockburnspath.

At Auldhame, on the A198 east of North Berwick, you can get both Tantallon Castle and Bass Rock in the same shot. Just go 100 yards down the unclassed road towards Seacliff.

Yellowcraigs beach at sunset with the Fidra Lighthouse,

Port Seton harbour at high tide and just along the road Cockenzie harbour.

There are stacks of locations and all fairly quiet.

Good hunting.

keithh
keithh  1022557 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jul 2012 - 11:46 AM

Cove (the south of Edinburgh, north of Berwick one) is especially worth a visit - however, if you go on your own before dawn take a torch for the tunnel - can be quite unnerving in the dark....and make sure they are not filming there first.
Wink

cattyal
13 Jul 2012 - 9:20 PM

I'll have a word with my sister and see if she fancies a drive out to Cove then - it's highly unlikely I'll be there before dawn - this will be a holiday you know Smile

Snapper
Snapper  93657 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jul 2012 - 9:37 PM

Quote: I'm counting on everything being lovely in Scotland from around the 10th August - I've put my order in!

Well the grouse season starts on the 12 of August so it'll not be so lovely for them. But hey, grouse in the grumpy group -- how appropriate is that! Wink

cattyal
5 Apr 2013 - 11:04 PM

Ace - I've just had notification of a new entry on this thread - just a wee bit late Smile

notification.jpg

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 33377 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway22 Constructive Critique Points
6 Apr 2013 - 8:32 AM

Quote: Ace - I've just had notification of a new entry on this thread - just a wee bit late Smile

Alison, you can't see it, but someone re-posted an old post at 22:30 last night (Friday) and deleted it immediately after. (Obviously posted by mistake). Hence the notification.Smile
ePz isn't that slowGrin

Malc

Last Modified By saltireblue at 6 Apr 2013 - 8:32 AM
cattyal
6 Apr 2013 - 8:55 AM

Ah - good to know that I wasn't imagining things or had too much voddy Smile I just found it kinda amusing Smile

polis_928tadw59

Why is it ?... that cattyal posts under this thread, then she gets us all interested.... and then Why is it that she ignores us all, and then we being persons of compassion and affection, we sit here staring at our screens, thinking, " Why is it cattyal is not replying to us.?"GrinSmileTongueWinkGrinSmileTongueTongueTongueWink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.