Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Why is it?

1 Dec 2013 7:25PM
Why is it that when we refer to the 'Good Old Days', the young ones just sneer and laugh ? Beer was 1/-d a pint then.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

LesleyJ 8 147 England
1 Dec 2013 7:33PM
Why is it you don't see white dog poo anymore Blush
whipspeed Plus
10 4.1k 22 United Kingdom
1 Dec 2013 8:09PM
Because very few people feed their dogs bones any more, as that is what used to cause it.
1 Dec 2013 8:15PM
LesleyJ, A very pertinent and important question, which not many academics or professors could answer.

But before I start to quote the formula and give you, and all the rest the definitive answer, do you mean 'white dog' poo, or dog poo which is white ? Or should we throw the question open to all and sundry, asking why don't we see white dog, brown dog, black dog, long haired dog, brindle coated dog, etc.,etc., poo?

I think we will get some very informative answers.Grin
1 Dec 2013 8:17PM
whipspeed, Yes, I think that could be the answer. But you should have posted your comment on the Really Useless Facts thread.Tongue
1 Dec 2013 8:36PM
Why is it I can remember a 7 year old thread about white dog poo but I can't remember what I did yesterday?
1 Dec 2013 8:44PM

Quote:Why is it I can remember a 7 year old thread about white dog poo but I can't remember what I did yesterday?

Martin54, I always thought the film 'Groundhog Day' was far fetched, until I came across your thread tonight. It makes you think.SadSmileTongueWinkGrin
brian1208 Plus
12 10.7k 12 United Kingdom
1 Dec 2013 8:46PM
Much the same reason perhaps that I made a complete Pratt of myself today at a craft fair, describing (from behind a famed image) it as a flower shot, forgetting that I had sold about an hour ago and replaced it with a lovely landscape of the Forest. The look on my potential customers face was hilarious (once I'd got over the embarrassment Blush )

Old Age and Decrepitude have struck! Tongue
keith selmes 11 7.1k 1 United Kingdom
1 Dec 2013 10:33PM

Quote:Beer was 1/-d a pint then.

all very well if you had a shillingSad
whipspeed Plus
10 4.1k 22 United Kingdom
2 Dec 2013 7:57AM

Quote:Whipspeed, Yes, I think that could be the answer. But you should have posted your comment on the Really Useless Facts thread.Tongue

LOL, I could fill that thread with years of accumulated useless information Smile
3 Dec 2013 12:15PM
whipspeed, I agree with your comment that accumulators are useless. Why is it we never see anyone carrying a re-charged one back to his home ?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.