Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Get on1's Perfect Effects 9.5 for FREE! (£48 value)

Why is it?

cattyal Plus
10 6.8k 6 England
9 Apr 2013 7:41PM
where am I ignoring you?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong Plus
6 5.0k 29 England
10 Apr 2013 4:54PM
There seem to be two grumpy groups. To our despair polis inhabits the other one, the one you're not using, so he thinks you're ignoring him. But seeing as he loves grumping more than anything, you're doing him a favour. Grin

http://www.ephotozine.com/forums/topic/what-s-made-you-grumpy-today--84091/p-223#comment_2361252
saltireblue Plus
5 4.7k 26 Norway
10 Apr 2013 6:31PM
Polis is a geordie, so probably used to being ignored.TongueGrin
cattyal Plus
10 6.8k 6 England
10 Apr 2013 6:39PM
Ah - all too confusing Smile Suffice to say I've nothing to grump about at the moment so might shut up Smile

My aunty is a Geordie - as is my mother (though she lost her accent many years ago........)
10 Apr 2013 6:49PM
I suppose, cattyal, you are now thinking, " Why is it that " Me Mam and Nanna" (Geordie taalk) have lost their Geordie accents"GrinWink
Anyhoo, Aa'm not bothered at aall if ee lot are spying on me in this separate thread.Wink
And as regards being ignored - yes, I have experienced it over the years, from my spouse, family, neighbours, even the pet parrot. When I used to try and have a conversation with the parrot, it used to reply, " Bugga off, Aa'd sooner taalk ti the budgie."Tongue But notice, the parrot had copied my accent.Grin
cattyal Plus
10 6.8k 6 England
10 Apr 2013 7:58PM
Mum lost hers on purpose - BT liked posh speaking girls on the exchange as did the posh Rolls Royce place she worked at for a while. Fortunately the horses didn't care what she spoke like but the accent never returned. Aunty is still very definitely Geordie - up Whitley Bay way......

Nowt wrong with being ignored - makes for a peaceful life Smile
10 Apr 2013 8:55PM
Quite correct, missus, hinny. And being from just north of Whitley Bay, and because they considered themselves above us, and we thought that they were too,we always called Whitley Bay, ...... Pittley Way, and we still do.WinkTongue
cattyal Plus
10 6.8k 6 England
10 Apr 2013 10:34PM
I've not been to Whitley Bay sadly - I've passed through Newcastle lots of times on the way to Edinburgh and would love to look around sometime - it looks rather good from the train!
11 Apr 2013 5:28PM
Why is it..... you reckon you can see Whitley Bay from the Newcastle-Edinburgh train. You must be standing on the roof of the carriage.Wink The best bit of coastline in Northumberland stretches from north of the old industrial area, then runs all the way up to Berwick-on-Tweed. Well worth a visit, and remember to take your camera.
cattyal Plus
10 6.8k 6 England
11 Apr 2013 6:10PM
Oh no - I said Newcastle Smile Yep that stretch up to Berwick is pretty - one day I might visit - I wish they did hop on/hop off tickets for the train!
12 Apr 2013 12:21PM
Don't bother buying a ticket. Just board the train without one, then when the Inspector appears, just 'hop off', It will be like a mystery tour.Grin
cattyal Plus
10 6.8k 6 England
12 Apr 2013 6:08PM
Ha - if I recall correctly the inspector usually arrives around Birmingham so it's not be the most exciting place to get chucked off - less than an hour from home Smile
9 May 2013 8:22PM
Why is it that you are awake at about 3am in the morning, and your hear a vehicle go down the street, very slowly, quietly and obviously should not be there ? And then you think, 'Nothing to do with me.' After it has gone, you lie awake thinking, " I should have got out of bed and had a look, because I didn't, I will now be pondering who it was." And that keeps you awake for the rest of the night.TongueGrin

Thread passed to Cattyal for her observations and comments.Grin
cattyal Plus
10 6.8k 6 England
9 May 2013 9:09PM
Ha - my bedroom is at the back of the house, double glazed and I can't hear a thing that goes by on the road Smile
10 May 2013 7:09PM

Quote:Ha - my bedroom is at the back of the house, double glazed and I can't hear a thing that goes by on the road Smile

That sounds like a line from Romeo and Juliet, courtesy of Mr. William Shakespeare,

But Why Is It he wrote such long plays ? Admittedly his language is brillliant and flowery, but 2-3 hrs in length ?? If he had been born up in Geordieland, it would have been something like this. " Whey man, there was this lass and lad, in they fell in love. Their families hated each other, and waadn't let them get wed. Juliet gaans up tiv her bedroom (at thi back o' this hoose, bliddy thick glass i' thi windas, ind she couldn't hearTongue the ponies and carts clip-clopping ootside.) She oppens the winda and shoots (shouts)" How, Romeo, where are yi ? Aa thought we were gannin ti the pictures the neet ?"
Romeo gets mordered, ind neebody lives happily ever afta.TongueWink
I passed my GCE "A" level English Lit, with that summary.GrinTongueWink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.