Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Why is it?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 85794 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
9 Apr 2013 - 7:41 PM

where am I ignoring you?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
9 Apr 2013 - 7:41 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53997 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
10 Apr 2013 - 4:54 PM

There seem to be two grumpy groups. To our despair polis inhabits the other one, the one you're not using, so he thinks you're ignoring him. But seeing as he loves grumping more than anything, you're doing him a favour. Grin

http://www.ephotozine.com/forums/topic/what-s-made-you-grumpy-today--84091/p-223...

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 33380 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway22 Constructive Critique Points
10 Apr 2013 - 6:31 PM

Polis is a geordie, so probably used to being ignored.TongueGrin

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 85794 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
10 Apr 2013 - 6:39 PM

Ah - all too confusing Smile Suffice to say I've nothing to grump about at the moment so might shut up Smile

My aunty is a Geordie - as is my mother (though she lost her accent many years ago........)

polis_928tadw59

I suppose, cattyal, you are now thinking, " Why is it that " Me Mam and Nanna" (Geordie taalk) have lost their Geordie accents"GrinWink
Anyhoo, Aa'm not bothered at aall if ee lot are spying on me in this separate thread.Wink
And as regards being ignored - yes, I have experienced it over the years, from my spouse, family, neighbours, even the pet parrot. When I used to try and have a conversation with the parrot, it used to reply, " Bugga off, Aa'd sooner taalk ti the budgie."Tongue But notice, the parrot had copied my accent.Grin

cattyal
10 Apr 2013 - 7:58 PM

Mum lost hers on purpose - BT liked posh speaking girls on the exchange as did the posh Rolls Royce place she worked at for a while. Fortunately the horses didn't care what she spoke like but the accent never returned. Aunty is still very definitely Geordie - up Whitley Bay way......

Nowt wrong with being ignored - makes for a peaceful life Smile

polis_928tadw59

Quite correct, missus, hinny. And being from just north of Whitley Bay, and because they considered themselves above us, and we thought that they were too,we always called Whitley Bay, ...... Pittley Way, and we still do.WinkTongue

cattyal
10 Apr 2013 - 10:34 PM

I've not been to Whitley Bay sadly - I've passed through Newcastle lots of times on the way to Edinburgh and would love to look around sometime - it looks rather good from the train!

polis_928tadw59

Why is it..... you reckon you can see Whitley Bay from the Newcastle-Edinburgh train. You must be standing on the roof of the carriage.Wink The best bit of coastline in Northumberland stretches from north of the old industrial area, then runs all the way up to Berwick-on-Tweed. Well worth a visit, and remember to take your camera.

cattyal
11 Apr 2013 - 6:10 PM

Oh no - I said Newcastle Smile Yep that stretch up to Berwick is pretty - one day I might visit - I wish they did hop on/hop off tickets for the train!

polis_928tadw59
12 Apr 2013 - 12:21 PM

Don't bother buying a ticket. Just board the train without one, then when the Inspector appears, just 'hop off', It will be like a mystery tour.Grin

cattyal
12 Apr 2013 - 6:08 PM

Ha - if I recall correctly the inspector usually arrives around Birmingham so it's not be the most exciting place to get chucked off - less than an hour from home Smile

polis_928tadw59

Why is it that you are awake at about 3am in the morning, and your hear a vehicle go down the street, very slowly, quietly and obviously should not be there ? And then you think, 'Nothing to do with me.' After it has gone, you lie awake thinking, " I should have got out of bed and had a look, because I didn't, I will now be pondering who it was." And that keeps you awake for the rest of the night.TongueGrin

Thread passed to Cattyal for her observations and comments.Grin

cattyal
9 May 2013 - 9:09 PM

Ha - my bedroom is at the back of the house, double glazed and I can't hear a thing that goes by on the road Smile

polis_928tadw59

Quote: Ha - my bedroom is at the back of the house, double glazed and I can't hear a thing that goes by on the road Smile

That sounds like a line from Romeo and Juliet, courtesy of Mr. William Shakespeare,

But Why Is It he wrote such long plays ? Admittedly his language is brillliant and flowery, but 2-3 hrs in length ?? If he had been born up in Geordieland, it would have been something like this. " Whey man, there was this lass and lad, in they fell in love. Their families hated each other, and waadn't let them get wed. Juliet gaans up tiv her bedroom (at thi back o' this hoose, bliddy thick glass i' thi windas, ind she couldn't hearTongue the ponies and carts clip-clopping ootside.) She oppens the winda and shoots (shouts)" How, Romeo, where are yi ? Aa thought we were gannin ti the pictures the neet ?"
Romeo gets mordered, ind neebody lives happily ever afta.TongueWink
I passed my GCE "A" level English Lit, with that summary.GrinTongueWink

Last Modified By polis_928tadw59 at 10 May 2013 - 7:11 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.