Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Why is it?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96000 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2013 - 8:26 PM

I recall someone serenading me from the street whilst playing a mandolin - but it was so long ago I can't remember who it was Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 May 2013 - 8:26 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43667 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2013 - 8:43 PM

Quote: I recall someone serenading me from the street whilst playing a mandolin - but it was so long ago I can't remember who it was Smile

George Formby? And that was a ukelele, not a mandolin.GrinGrinGrin
SorryBlush

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96000 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2013 - 8:58 PM

It was definitely a mandolin - which I think is hiding in the parent's barn somewhere - it has yet to be located.......

polis_928tadw59
12 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

Are you sure about that ? Why is it people get confused between a 'mandolin' and a 'mandarin' ?

It was probably a mandarin outside, playing a ukelele. It might have been Mr. Wu.GrinSmileTongueWink

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43667 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
12 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

Or did you mean a mandolin as in a kitchen utensil consisting of a flat frame with adjustable blades, for slicing vegetables?
Wouldn't get a very good tune out of that, and you'd soon need some more fingers...Grin

cattyal
12 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

Oh definitely a mandolin that is probably covered in dust, Swallow poo and with lots of broken strings Smile

I don't recall the serenader being orange coloured so he probably wasn't a mandarin and I already need new fingers - my right index finger tip keeps going numb........

saltireblue
12 May 2013 - 3:09 PM

Quote: ...covered in dust, Swallow poo...

What we call patina, in other words.Wink

Malc

Last Modified By saltireblue at 12 May 2013 - 3:09 PM
polis_928tadw59

Why is it you can't eat 'patina', yet paella is very digestible ?

cattyal
12 May 2013 - 8:29 PM

I wouldn't know - I've never eaten paella Smile

I tend to live on crumpets and coffee.........

scrimmy
scrimmy e2 Member 5365 forum postsscrimmy vcard Scotland5 Constructive Critique Points
12 May 2013 - 9:48 PM

how do you lose a barn ...........quote which I think is hiding in the parent's barn somewhere - it has yet to be located.

Last Modified By scrimmy at 12 May 2013 - 9:49 PM
cattyal
12 May 2013 - 9:50 PM

simple - shut your eyes and bingo - it's gone.......Tongue

polis_928tadw59

One should not close one's eyes,.... whilst playing bingo. You will not be able to win.Tongue

And why is it that you could get 'tick' at the corner shop, but not at the supermarkets ?

Taff
Taff  959 forum posts Scotland
16 May 2013 - 7:49 AM

BTW - Did you ever get to see Cove, Cat?

Just that me and Mrs Taf live in Cockburnspath (Which is walking distance from Cove), happy to do you lunch and give you the tour if you're ever kicking about in the Borders Smile

Or any other fellow EPZer's for that matter Smile

Taf

cattyal
16 May 2013 - 8:13 AM

No I didn't Taff but I'll be up there again in August so who knows! I'll let you know Smile

polis_928tadw59
17 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

Why is it you will let Taff know, yet you never tell the rest of us.TongueWinkGrin

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.