Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Why is it?

cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
10 May 2013 8:26PM
I recall someone serenading me from the street whilst playing a mandolin - but it was so long ago I can't remember who it was Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
10 May 2013 8:43PM

Quote:I recall someone serenading me from the street whilst playing a mandolin - but it was so long ago I can't remember who it was Smile

George Formby? And that was a ukelele, not a mandolin.GrinGrinGrin
SorryBlush
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
10 May 2013 8:58PM
It was definitely a mandolin - which I think is hiding in the parent's barn somewhere - it has yet to be located.......
12 May 2013 11:43AM
Are you sure about that ? Why is it people get confused between a 'mandolin' and a 'mandarin' ?

It was probably a mandarin outside, playing a ukelele. It might have been Mr. Wu.GrinSmileTongueWink
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
12 May 2013 12:21PM
Or did you mean a mandolin as in a kitchen utensil consisting of a flat frame with adjustable blades, for slicing vegetables?
Wouldn't get a very good tune out of that, and you'd soon need some more fingers...Grin
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
12 May 2013 12:35PM
Oh definitely a mandolin that is probably covered in dust, Swallow poo and with lots of broken strings Smile

I don't recall the serenader being orange coloured so he probably wasn't a mandarin and I already need new fingers - my right index finger tip keeps going numb........
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
12 May 2013 3:09PM

Quote:...covered in dust, Swallow poo...

What we call patina, in other words.Wink

Malc
12 May 2013 8:08PM
Why is it you can't eat 'patina', yet paella is very digestible ?
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
12 May 2013 8:29PM
I wouldn't know - I've never eaten paella Smile

I tend to live on crumpets and coffee.........
scrimmy e2
6 379 5 Scotland
12 May 2013 9:48PM
how do you lose a barn ...........quote which I think is hiding in the parent's barn somewhere - it has yet to be located.
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
12 May 2013 9:50PM
simple - shut your eyes and bingo - it's gone.......Tongue
15 May 2013 1:22PM
One should not close one's eyes,.... whilst playing bingo. You will not be able to win.Tongue

And why is it that you could get 'tick' at the corner shop, but not at the supermarkets ?
Taff e2
10 59 Scotland
16 May 2013 7:49AM
BTW - Did you ever get to see Cove, Cat?

Just that me and Mrs Taf live in Cockburnspath (Which is walking distance from Cove), happy to do you lunch and give you the tour if you're ever kicking about in the Borders Smile

Or any other fellow EPZer's for that matter Smile

Taf
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
16 May 2013 8:13AM
No I didn't Taff but I'll be up there again in August so who knows! I'll let you know Smile
17 May 2013 12:33PM
Why is it you will let Taff know, yet you never tell the rest of us.TongueWinkGrin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.