Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Why is it?

22 May 2013 12:26PM

Quote: The watch is an ancient cheapo - I don't like spending money on things like that Smile
(quote]
Why is it women JUST like spending money.Tongue

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
22 May 2013 12:32PM
I'd love spending money if it belonged to someone else - sadly as it's my money only then I'm somewhat more selective on what it gets spent on Smile For example, this lunchtime I shall go to Lidl and see if they have any purple packs of Fritt fruity chewy strips - that is money well spent.........
22 May 2013 12:35PM
Why is it some people can afford all the luxuries in life ? I can't even afford a packet of fruit gums.Sad
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
22 May 2013 12:43PM
Ah poor deprived you Smile If they have any purple packets then I buy all of them - usually about half a dozen in a box (in amongst all the other colours).

I might even peruse the charity shops for more junk to photograph as I can still see the floor in my house...........
22 May 2013 1:58PM
"You can still see the floor in your house " ? Not had enough vodka ??TongueGrin
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
22 May 2013 2:13PM
at 40% ABV the Pinky stuff is apparently not alcoholic enough Smile
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
22 May 2013 3:19PM
40% of anything will never be the full monty, AllyWink
Take photos of junk already in situ, then print out and spread out on spaces on floors in other rooms.Smile

Malc
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
22 May 2013 3:29PM
True but 100% would probably kill me - and I'd prefer to hang around for a few more years yet Smile

I've run out of black ink so any prints of my junk would look a bit odd - one day I'll remember to buy a new cartridge!
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
22 May 2013 3:49PM
LOL Wasn't thinking of 100%, but we have something here in Norway called 'seksogniti' which is Norwegian for ninetysix. As the name suggests it is 96%.
You make a cup of black coffee, put a silver coloured coin in the bottom of the cup then add enough '96' until the coin is visible...Wink

Malc
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
22 May 2013 3:57PM
Knowing what Swedish coffee is like that probably takes it down from 96% to all of 89% Wink
25 May 2013 8:37PM
Why is it that we are discussing Swedish coffee ? Why is it we are not discussing tea drinking in Antarctica ?Tongue
12 Jun 2013 6:59PM
Why is it that people spend a fortune with their mobile phones, when they could be going to the local telephone kiosk, struggling with the heavy cast iron door to gain entry, then put in 3 pennies (3d) dial the number, and then press Button 'A' or 'B' ?
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
13 Jun 2013 7:03AM
don't knock those old red boxes, one gave me shelter on a cold, snowy night when I'd missed the last bus home 50+ years ago (sat on a pile of those old-fashioned books full of numbers I went to sleep until a friendly Bobby in a Morris Minor patrol car woke me up and gave me a lift home some 15 miles away (can't see that happening nowadays either Smile )
JJGEE
10 6.4k 18 England
13 Jun 2013 7:26AM
Adobe keep introducing bugs into Lightroom ?
They do it with every issue Sad

This is one of the latest, there are several, of them in LR 5 ( only released on Sunday / Monday ! ! )

Quote:Noise Reduction and Sharpening Not Visible on export
As mentioned here, a bug was introduced in Lightroom 5.0 where files exported at less than 1/3 of their original size may not retain Output Sharpening and Noise Reduction settings. We are working on a solution and will include it in our next update.

10 Jul 2013 1:06PM
Why is it,..... everytime you want to check your tyre pressures, the valves are at the lowest point possible.??

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.