Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Why is it?

hobbo e2
3 892 2 England
10 Jul 2013 1:26PM
Why is it..............when there's only one person being served at the only checkout and I'm next.....the till roll runs out or that single customer fiddles about for ages in her purse to count out exactly 4.89, then drops a coin only to begin over again?

Hobbo

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

joolsb e2
10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
11 Jul 2013 11:17AM
Or, as increasingly happens, someone holds up the queue by using a card to pay for a single pack of chewing gum...
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
11 Jul 2013 4:28PM
I get one day free, today; it's nice and cool with crisp, clear light and I've got to go up to Oxford Street to look at furniture. But I'll have time to pop along to the Photographers' Gallery and perhaps take some snaps with my new camera. Lovely...........Not!

Central Line had a train failure, platforms crowded to breaking point (including about five schools'-worth of kids), no air-con, and to top it all, after 2 1/2 hours when I finally did get to John Lewis's I saw exactly the roller blind I want for the kitchen (seeing as I broke our other blind yesterday by yanking on it too hard). Try walking around galleries or taking snaps carrying a flamin' roller blind. (Hot and Bothered Icon needed here).

So, I got home and cleaned the bird feeders instead. All was not wasted. Smile But not sure when I'll get another day in the near future. And neither the electrician or builder rang to confirm when they were coming. Sad My next abode will be a caravan.
16 Aug 2013 7:40PM
Why is it that no one is posting in here ?Smile

WHY IS IT THERE IS NO LONGER ANY BLACK HARVEST MITES,WHICH CRAWLED ALL OVER ONE IN THE YEARS GONE BY ? Mind you people who live in towns and cities would not know about them. And we do not want adrian-w joining in about the midges up in Scortland - the Scots deserve them.Tongue

Why is it that flies and insects no longer crash and splatter against your car windscreen ? Have they learned to fly faster than modern day cars ? Have they developed intelligence to avoid Motorways and dual carriageways ? Or is it due to traffic jams on said routes that they are able to pick and choose their flight paths without injury to themselves.?

Please discuss, and I want only serious and scientific contributions.TongueGrin
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
16 Aug 2013 7:56PM
I cannot offer a scientific contribution but my excuse for my absence is my current location - Edinburgh for the last week and same again for the next week Smile
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
16 Aug 2013 8:34PM

Quote:Why is it that no one is posting in here ?Smile

WHY IS IT THERE IS NO LONGER ANY BLACK HARVEST MITES,WHICH CRAWLED ALL OVER ONE IN THE YEARS GONE BY ? Mind you people who live in towns and cities would not know about them. And we do not want adrian-w joining in about the midges up in Scortland - the Scots deserve them.Tongue

Why is it that flies and insects no longer crash and splatter against your car windscreen ? Have they learned to fly faster than modern day cars ? Have they developed intelligence to avoid Motorways and dual carriageways ? Or is it due to traffic jams on said routes that they are able to pick and choose their flight paths without injury to themselves.?

Please discuss, and I want only serious and scientific contributions.TongueGrin

Sh1t happens.
End of.Grin
17 Aug 2013 5:44PM
Thank you for the erudite comments to my query. I have been enlightened and am still looking forward to your most intelligent contributions and additions.

To digress slightly, but in the same vein, remember those plastic insect deflectors which were sold in the 1950s ? They were fitted to the front of the bonnet of the car, near the mascot badge. They looked like a miniature snow plough. I once read somewhere, and I cannot recall where, it might have been a newspaper, a magazine article, a thesis at the University of Geordieland, or even in the Lindisfarne Gospels, that they were absolutely brilliant. Too efficient in fact, - apart from deflecting all those flies, insects, etc away from the windscreen, the suction and windflow was so great that many motorists experienced mice,rabbits, hedgehogs,and the odd drunken Geordie crashing against their windscreens. The model was discontinued.

Must go now, the phone is ringing, - more than likely David Attenborough seeking advice for his next TV series.WinkSmile
adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
17 Aug 2013 6:00PM

Quote:the odd drunken Geordie

Aren't all Geordies odd, drunk or sober?
Then again is there such a thing as a sober Geordie??
17 Aug 2013 7:36PM
You haven't lived if you have not had a drinkin' session in Berwick-on-Tweed. All the Geordies dippin' intiv their pockets, " Barman get a round for my cousins from over the border."
McTavish, Jimmy, or whatever his name, " Thanks a million, Geordie, I canna get the next round, - my wallet is trapped in my sporran and nether regions."TongueGrinGrinSmileTongueWinkBlush
adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
17 Aug 2013 8:39PM
no answer to that Wink
I was always told a Geordie is a Scotsman with his brains kicked out.
Cephus e2
10 2.2k England
17 Aug 2013 8:46PM

Quote:No answer to that Wink
I was always told a Geordie is a Scotsman with his brains kicked out.

Nah, a Scotsman is a Geordie that's had a wallet bypass. Wink
adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
17 Aug 2013 11:07PM
Only if he comes from Aberdeen or Paisley.
joolsb e2
10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
18 Aug 2013 9:55AM

Quote:Why is it that flies and insects no longer crash and splatter against your car windscreen ?

Round here they certainly do. And why are the little burgers' entrails so hard to remove? That's the worst part. Wouldn't be so bad if a simple dose of screen-wash dealt with the problem but that only makes it worse!
collywobles e2
10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
18 Aug 2013 11:11AM
Why is it that Lemmings have never learnt to fly.......... they must have been around for millions of years.
collywobles e2
10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
18 Aug 2013 11:13AM
If I look up into the night sky, which way do I need to look to see where the big bang happened?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.