Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Why is it?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
18 Aug 2013 - 4:04 PM

Quote: If I look up into the night sky, which way do I need to look to see where the big bang happened?

That way. Or is it that way? Up, in any case.

HTH.

Serious answer: you can't, since everything in the Universe is a part of it. To be able to see the Big Bang would mean getting outside of the Universe - and that isn't easy… Wink

Last Modified By joolsb at 18 Aug 2013 - 4:08 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
18 Aug 2013 - 4:04 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

collywobles
18 Aug 2013 - 5:20 PM

Quote: Serious answer: you can't, since everything in the Universe is a part of it. To be able to see the Big Bang would mean getting outside of the Universe - and that isn't easy… Wink

I know that but which direction do I look to seethe centre where the big bang occurred.

Just suddenly realised all those religious nuts on this site are gonna tell me the big bang never happened..... DOH! (8o)

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54239 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
18 Aug 2013 - 5:56 PM

It's impossible to pinpoint the source of the big bang as there wasn't one. Einstein's theory of general relativity explains it as the recession of galaxies being attributable to the expansion of space rather then them travelling through space. The expansion of space is uniform in all directions therefore there is no centre. The big bang was not an explosion as such, but the beginning of cosmic expansion.

joolsb
18 Aug 2013 - 5:56 PM

Ah, but that's the point. There isn't a centre as such. The universe is expanding equally in all directions. See here.

Edit: damn. Beaten to it.. Wink

Last Modified By joolsb at 18 Aug 2013 - 5:57 PM
polis_928tadw59

Quote:

Serious answer: you can't, since everything in the Universe is a part of it. To be able to see the Big Bang would mean getting outside of the Universe - and that isn't easy… Wink

Oh yes it is, try 5-6 bottles of Newcastle Brown Ale, aka electric soup, lunatic broth, and 'Journey Into Space' Better than Starship Enterprise and Warp Factor 9.GrinSmileWink

monstersnowman
19 Aug 2013 - 6:16 AM

Quote: Hi Alison,
It's obvious your work colleagues know you are a photographer and obviously we like nice weather to out and get our little pictures. So, what better way to burst your photographic bubble, by in forming you that the weather later is going to be c**p! Fortunately, here on Tenerife where I live (Puerto Santiago) we had 1 day of rain from April 2011 to April 2012!!! Yes, you read it correct, 1 DAY.

So these party poopers have to find something else to try and burst our photographic bubble, with claims of, don't worry, the cloud will be gone by lunchtime, just leaving boring clear blue skies! So, as you are aware, clear blue skies are great for holiday snaps and holiday brochures and the like, but for us photographers, we like clouds to add a little impact to our images. So you see, even I have to put up with the imperfect weather! Keep on taking the strawberries!
Stephen

It's nothing to do with you being a photographer .. It happens everywhere in this country. I never ask my mother what the weather is like where she lives in Spain cos its almost always hot. Or at least nice .. If its any other way they tell me cos its very unusual .. Our weather is very changeable and changes the way we exist considerably.

keith selmes
19 Aug 2013 - 3:54 PM

I was visiting some people who saw it was a nice sunny morning, and they thought they would go out in the afternoon.
There was thin high cloud coming in from the west, pretty definite indication of a warm front with a cloudy afternoon and rain, so I said so.
And became instantly very unpopular.
I worked out roughly how weather forecasting works, something like this

forecast rain and it does .................... your fault they couldn't have a picnic
forecast rain and it doesn't ................ your fault they didn't have a picnic
forecast sun and it rains ................... your fault they got wet having a picnic
forecast sun and it does ................... well of course everyone knew that

What I really don't understand is why anyone would take a job forecasting weather.

Last Modified By keith selmes at 19 Aug 2013 - 3:57 PM
polis_928tadw59
26 Aug 2013 - 12:16 PM

Why is it that the spiders are starting to come indoors now ? It is not even autumn. Probably just to give the women something to shriek about.Wink I once had a workmate who was tougher than me, but he was absolutely terrified of moths.

NaturesHaven
NaturesHaven e2 Member 2246 forum postsNaturesHaven vcard England5 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2013 - 1:42 PM

I'm a woman and I don't scream or shriek when I come across any creepy crawly, I'm more likely to get the macro out than scream............so don't tar us all with the same brush..........TongueTongueTongueTongue

keith selmes
26 Aug 2013 - 2:14 PM

Quote: Why is it that the spiders are starting to come indoors now ?

they're not very brainy. What makes half a dozen spiders think, if they all spin webs around my bathroom ceiling, suddenly loads of food will appear ?

polis_928tadw59

Quote: I'm a woman and I don't scream or shriek when I come across any creepy crawly, I'm more likely to get the macro out than scream............so don't tar us all with the same brush..........TongueTongueTongueTongue

Missus NaturesHaven, All women scream and shriek. Not necessarily at spiders though.Wink If they are not screaming and shrieking, then they are moaning and nagging - just at us poor blokes. If I remember things clearly, from my younger days, and I am only 32 yrs, women love to laugh at your jokes, appreciate your compliments, smile when you pay the bill; appreciate Birthday Cards; Valentine Cards, etc. But once they have that noose around our necks, that is when everything changes. Sometimes the screaming and shrieking is better than the determined silence which can last for weeks.GrinSmileTongueTongueTongueTongueWink

joolsb
27 Aug 2013 - 10:31 AM

Quote: they're not very brainy. What makes half a dozen spiders think, if they all spin webs around my bathroom ceiling, suddenly loads of food will appear ?

Have you not thought about helping them out a bit? Surely you can chase a few choice insects into your bathroom, close the door and windows and then wait? Spiders do a very useful job around the house and should be assisted and encouraged wherever possible. Smile

polis_928tadw59
27 Aug 2013 - 12:24 PM

I've never seen a spider pick up a duster, let alone hop up to the sink and do the dishes. Perhaps Swiss spiders are cleverer.Grin
Quote: they're not very brainy. What makes half a dozen spiders think, if they all spin webs around my bathroom ceiling, suddenly loads of food will appear ?

Spiders do a very useful job around the house and should be assisted and encouraged wherever possible. Smile

JawDborn
JawDborn e2 Member 2724 forum postsJawDborn vcard England
27 Aug 2013 - 1:55 PM

Isn't there some story or other about a spider knacking the English at Bannockburn. Can't quite remember. Vaguely rings a bell.

polis_928tadw59

You are 100% correct there,JawDborn. It was Robert the Bruce. He was sitting in his cave or cooncil hoose, when he saw this greet big gnarly spider. He suffered from arachnaphobia, dashed ootside and shouted to his men, " Och, I canna kill that spider. Let us go and fight the English."GrinSmileTongueTongueWink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.