Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Why Photoshop?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

dcash29
dcash29  81898 forum posts England
13 Jul 2013 - 10:52 PM

Quote: Oh and Dcash29, thank you for both pictures, that was what i was getting at.

No probs

It was only a passing snap of the thistles, I thought....'I wonder what I could do with that back home'
Now if another photographer had been there things would have been different.

Again, the following two taken to see what I could do in photoshop. To please me and nobody else

river.jpg

1-river2.jpg

Dave

Last Modified By dcash29 at 13 Jul 2013 - 10:54 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
13 Jul 2013 - 10:52 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

llareggub
llareggub  3664 forum posts United Kingdom
13 Jul 2013 - 11:27 PM

Quote: some of the stunning images on the site and in magazines is trying to work out how much of the image was the photograph from the photographer and his/her camera and how much was software,

They all came from a photographer and a camera in the same way my snap on a 110 cartridge when I was a kid and a Pulitzer prize winning image taken on a medium format camera came from a photographer (all be it not a skilled one) and a camera.

It is a question that will forever be asked and will never be definitively answered! Take pictures, if you don't like the results as questions of people who are getting the results you want... Your question is too broad and has no answer.

Last Modified By llareggub at 13 Jul 2013 - 11:28 PM
Evertonian
14 Jul 2013 - 11:14 AM

In darkrooms we used to make little tools to enable 'burning and dodging', that is no different from using the digital tools of the same name. We also used to fiddle developing times as well as over and under exposure to suit and give rinses in the middle of developing to narrow the tones of wedding dresses and dark suits, just like we do in raw processing. Merely tools of the trade.

Last Modified By Evertonian at 14 Jul 2013 - 11:15 AM
MalcolmS
MalcolmS e2 Member 81061 forum postsMalcolmS vcard England13 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2013 - 12:07 PM

In my experience those that criticise the use of PS are often those who don't know how to use it and can't or won't be bothered to learn. They want the playing field levelled down because they think that they take just as good shots as everyine else, but those that can use PS are cheating to end up with a better shot. I say each to his own and what does it really matter, the arguments have been done to death on here many times and that's invariably the conclusion.

redsnappa
redsnappa  111900 forum posts United Kingdom
14 Jul 2013 - 6:58 PM

Quote: Why Photoshop?

Because I do not want the camera (or film) manufacturer deciding on how my photos should look.

richmowil
richmowil e2 Member 5240 forum postsrichmowil vcard England1 Constructive Critique Points
14 Jul 2013 - 8:38 PM

Does all this nonsensical argument and opinion really matter!! The end result is what we are looking for, a stunning image, and it doesn't matter how you get there!! Photoshop or other digital manipulation programs replaced the old darkroom where exactly the same things took place only in a different way!!! But now there is one major benefit _ YOU DONT GET YOUR HANDS WET!!

keithh
keithh  1022811 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jul 2013 - 4:15 PM

Most people who tell you how photoshop is just the modern version of a darkroom, never saw the inside of a color darkroom, never mind did any work in one.

It is a fact that PS has opened up a whole new world to those people who should never have been allowed near it. Wink

keith selmes
15 Jul 2013 - 4:45 PM

Usually my paintshop pro is just for cleaning an image and adjusting balance etc., and maybe some cropping.

But sometimes it's just for fun Smile

img-0121wra500.jpg

richmowil
richmowil e2 Member 5240 forum postsrichmowil vcard England1 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jul 2013 - 5:51 PM

Quote: Most people who tell you how photoshop is just the modern version of a darkroom, never saw the inside of a color darkroom, never mind did any work in one.

It is a fact that PS has opened up a whole new world to those people who should never have been allowed near it. Wink

I think thats absolutely fantastic!! Now open to many and not the few!!WinkWinkWink

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014747 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jul 2013 - 7:46 PM

classic cliché topic Wink

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2013 - 5:24 AM

Quote: It is a fact that PS has opened up a whole new world to those people who should never have been allowed near it.

So true… Wink

Evertonian
16 Jul 2013 - 8:56 AM

Quote: Most people who tell you how photoshop is just the modern version of a darkroom, never saw the inside of a color darkroom, never mind did any work in one.

Total rubbish in my case and I guess the word 'Most' should perhaps read 'some'. I worked in my own colour darkroom and quite agree that PS is the modern version of a darkroom.

arhb
arhb e2 Member 72150 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom67 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2013 - 9:20 AM

I looked into a 'real proper like full-on, Iwilllooklikeapro' dark room once in the late 80's, and thought, f@£k that - I'm waiting til they've developed dslr's, computers and software, so I can be a real pixel monkey.

When I say 'looked into', I literally looked into a room through an open door at a friend's house who was a photographer.
Not to be confused with the 'looked into' term used for researching something, although you might say that looking into the room as I did was a basic type of research, allowing me to dismiss the possibilty of further research.

But I digress, so yeah, Photoshop - why?
Why not?

Gundog
Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
16 Jul 2013 - 11:20 AM

Total rubbish in my case and I guess the word 'Most' should perhaps read 'some'. I worked in my own colour darkroom and quite agree that PS is the modern version of a darkroom.

+1

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014747 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2013 - 12:23 PM

It's a lovely day to go out and take some photos

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.