Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Why post?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
13 Dec 2010 - 7:46 PM

Is it just me? Ok before you rush out with yes as the answer let me ask you...

Why do you post an image on ePZ?

I must have about 10 images from shoots in the last month that are processed and available for upload. Yet I have thought about uploading them, even started an upload, and then thought "why am I doing this?"

What do I expect from uploading? And so I did not upload the image today, and feel no compulsion to upload any of them at this moment. Is this just the pre-Christmas blues? Will I feel inspired to upload in a couple of days?

Just feeling that maybe I should be putting in more time to my website or a photo project.

Any thoughts, or just me?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
13 Dec 2010 - 7:46 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Kris_Dutson
13 Dec 2010 - 8:07 PM

Nope.

I've uploaded very few images myself over the last year or so and, like you, I have no idea why so few.

Considering I used to upload several a week I find it all rather baffling.

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85867 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
13 Dec 2010 - 8:13 PM

It probably just isn't you Cheryl.
I have just gone over a month, without hardly touching the site.
My choice, not through anything else, rather than being totally under the weather and diverting what little energy I had to the main stays of life.
I find, uploading, commenting etc; etc; normally very relaxing.
It is a method of unwinding from the pressures of the day, seeing as I very rarely visit my local anymore.
Pehaps it is my subconscious way of relating the latest from "Project Coppice".

Apart from the odd "skirmish" on the forums, it is a very friendly site, through which posting images has led to quite a few valued friendshipsSmile

We all get the blues, or what Churchill called "Black Dog"

Doesn't normally last very long

Does this answer anything?

Adrian

Jestertheclown
13 Dec 2010 - 8:16 PM

Quote: Any thoughts, or just me?

Hi Cheryl,
No, it's not just you.
I haven't seriously uploaded an image since June or July. (I uploaded a very bad sunset and removed it again to show someone the site but I won't count that).
Like yourself, I can't find a good enough reason to upload at the moment. I gave up on votes ages ago as I'd come to the conclusion that unless I became a cliquer, they were completely pointless and so I shifted my alllegiance to the Critique Gallery but I'm finding it hard to even put an image in there these days.
l had a flirtation with a few groups but they've all either ground to a halt or never really got off of the ground in the first place.
The forums get most of my attention recently and even these are less interesting than they used to be.
Perhaps I'm missing Hobbs and Steinbeck!
So!
Where to from here?

JJGEE
JJGEE  96225 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
13 Dec 2010 - 8:20 PM

Back when I joined I was told in no uncertain terms that I shouid not be offering comment on other members' uploads unless I uploaded myself ! !

Which was a little irritating at the time as I neither had a scanner for my transparencies or a digital camera.

So that is the main reason for u ploading

If I go on a members' "meet" uploading a few shots is part of the fun and lets people see I actually took a few shots on the day Wink

The rest of the time it is posssibly to see what other people have to say about a shot but now & again I use the Critique Gallery to ask a specific question on technique and have picked up some useful tips from that.

Last Modified By JJGEE at 13 Dec 2010 - 8:25 PM
Overread
Overread  63746 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
13 Dec 2010 - 8:21 PM

Heh my reason for not uploading has little to to do with the site and more to do with my current shooting (or mostly lack of). I generally upload to the crits gallery so I like to have something good/different/difficult etc.... to get feedback on. However since I've not really taken anything along those lines recently I've not been uploading much (and I've let my e2 slip away).

Chances are I'll pick up things soon enough once I start shooting again properly

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73823 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
13 Dec 2010 - 8:32 PM

...I thought I was the only one with a folder of images ready to upload, but for one reason or other haven't.

User_Removed
13 Dec 2010 - 8:32 PM

Check out the date intervals in my PF and you will see a similar pattern to the current members responses Cheryl.

Kris encapsulates it for me...

I tend to upload personal 'experiments' now.

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85867 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
13 Dec 2010 - 8:35 PM

Quote: I tend to upload personal 'experiments' now.

I hope they are legalGrin

Oranges & tights spring to mindWink

Last Modified By tomcat at 13 Dec 2010 - 8:36 PM
csurry
13 Dec 2010 - 8:37 PM

My recent uploads have been out of a sense that I should upload something rather than that by uploading I would receive some incisive input.

Maybe one too many nice shot comments? Maybe a need to do something else. Why am I online now, well a long day at work and now in a hotel room, but wishing I was at home trying out something new with the water drops, which I had working yesterday just as the batteries died in one of the flashguns.

Ah well only 4 or 6 more working days.

Last Modified By csurry at 13 Dec 2010 - 8:38 PM
Ewanneil
Ewanneil  41118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
13 Dec 2010 - 8:40 PM

Do you recognise the following Cheryl?

"I hope you find something within my portfolio that you like or inspires you."

I am sure you recognise your own welcome message. If you are feeling as though inspiration has deserted you I hope it is of some consolation that your work has always been a source of inspiration for me and many others, I am sure. I for one look forward to seeing your work and would miss it if you stopped uploading.

User_Removed
13 Dec 2010 - 8:42 PM

('Down' Adrian!!! Down boy!!)

Wink

csurry
13 Dec 2010 - 8:50 PM

Not lost my inspiration to take photos, far from it. It's the upload process to here.

I thought about starting a group for a serious discussion on nature photography, but then thought I'd just get annoyed by any stupid postings. I did consider making it by invitation or by approval, and then thought that seems elitist and not really what I am after. It's just being able to determine the direction of the group rather than potentially having it get out of hand with a few days enthusiasm followed by a period of inactivity.

Not sure what I want, just certain that uploading to the gallery is not filling the gap.

Last Modified By csurry at 13 Dec 2010 - 8:51 PM
User_Removed
13 Dec 2010 - 8:56 PM

Quote: ...just certain that uploading to the gallery is not filling the gap.

Amen.

Overread
Overread  63746 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
13 Dec 2010 - 9:01 PM

Quote:
I thought about starting a group for a serious discussion on nature photography,

Go on try it! Smile
Generally with groups its not nessessarily about the people that join its about the person in charge - if they are making threads; contributing and "pushing" it along - ie giving it direction - then they can do well. Generally small groups suffer when they are more left to their own devices. You get a lot join who are (like myself) more going to take from rather than directly contribute to at first and you get those who could contribute but don't want to step up and be the first do to so.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.