Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Why post?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
14 Dec 2010 - 11:12 AM

Quote: Don't you also have to ask yourself "why take pictures?"

Quote: Nope as I said I am still enjoying taking pictures.

The question wasn't just to you and I suppose if I expand it may help with answer...and the answers may help some people understand why themselves. I'll start a new thread to avoid cluttering this one with a change in direction. Why do you take Photos

Quote: OK some did not work, some did. Some are just as good if not better than I have posted previously, but there is no compulsion to share them.

Maybe a new way of posting, which is why I was thinking a group, but then not really sure that fills the void.

That question might be answered with the other thread's answers. All I would say is that it's a common thing in members who've been around for their "interest span" and that could be one month, five years, ten years. If we could come up with a solution to respark that interest it would be great. I have no problem because one of my goals in life is to help people learn so I'm always thinking of ways to illustrate some technique etc while I'm out, it gives me a totally varied folio of every subject going and I never get bored.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
14 Dec 2010 - 11:12 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014815 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
15 Dec 2010 - 11:51 PM

why do I post?

habit

I've been posting since 2003, a shot a day unless I'm away, it's just a daily fix - I enjoy it, picking a shot, framing it, coming up with a name for it, resizing it, a little sharpen, then upload... it's something I do, just like having a cup of tea and a shower.

what do I get from it... ?

ever declining response really - I spend my time in forums, critiquing, groups and generally away from the gallery, so that's to be expected.

Then a couple of days ago I get 65 or more clicks on a shot (which is high for me, even in the good old days) - and that is a nice thing still, the very next shot got 9 clicks, which is the norm, so back to earth.

I'm finding more and more that the slightly odd stuff I do hits a chord with "real people with money" but not with "photographers on EPZ". I'd be a total idiot to please the EPZ crowd at the expense of paying customers - so I just stick with my 7 click shots and push my groups instead. They are something I pushed for, and when they work, they create a real buzz

I love the HDR or 1 Shot group - got Pete and Keith contributing to that, bit of a result there Smile Shame that more people are not joining in if you ask me, but I would say that!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.