Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Why So Few Awards?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: No need to continue without OP
discreetphoton
discreetphoton Site Moderator 93453 forum postsdiscreetphoton vcard United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
18 Feb 2014 - 11:35 PM

Sorry Philip, but seeing as you asked...

Quote: Is there a disadvantage from being a Guest Editor? Yes! Perhaps one of the seven images that I uploaded during the week that I carried out the duty may have been granted an award by a Guest Editor, had I not been carrying out the duty

Photographic memory.
Also, although I'm aware that comment was somewhat tongue cheek, you might want to check the reports you've submitted...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014815 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points

Competitive in every walk of life or just photography ?

PhillipMinnis
18 Feb 2014 - 11:37 PM

Quote: People rarely make such demands for other people, especially when they say
Quote: I only joined this site because it was a fairly strong award-based site. I absolutely love to receive awards from official judges!

Absolutely! I've always been upfront about my motives for joining this site. I have nothing to be ashamed of. I love to receive awards, and I've received 100s of them over the years. For that, I'm never going to apologise. It's what pushes my buttons, it's what helps to drive me to be a better photographer, to be more creative, to be more imaginative!

However, by me stating this, how does this imply that I think that I should be receiving more awards?

As for categorising my statement as a making a demand on other people......that is totally preposterous!

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014815 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
18 Feb 2014 - 11:40 PM

you get an RC for every photo

many would love that level of success

how many awards do you want?

PhillipMinnis
18 Feb 2014 - 11:41 PM

Quote: you might want to check the reports you've submitted...

Now, in my opinion, that is crossing the line!

PhillipMinnis
18 Feb 2014 - 11:43 PM

Quote: how many awards do you want?

As many as I'm given! I don't have a number in mind! Smile

PhillipMinnis
18 Feb 2014 - 11:45 PM

Quote: Competitive in every walk of life or just photography ?

I don't see how that has anything to do with this thread, however, I'm competitive in business, but I try to be ethical, fair and kind at the same time.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012604 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
18 Feb 2014 - 11:49 PM

Quote: As for categorising my statement as a making a demand on other people......that is totally preposterous!

you've misread my comment again.

Quote: I don't see how that has anything to do with this thread

Perfectly relevant, refer to your 'sports'analogy

Last Modified By answersonapostcard at 18 Feb 2014 - 11:50 PM
Jestertheclown
18 Feb 2014 - 11:53 PM

[quote]You get an RC for every photo

/quote]
Sounds like a "clique."
In which case, everything gets a RC.
There is no level of success.

PhillipMinnis
18 Feb 2014 - 11:53 PM

Quote: you've misread my comment again.

Oh, I'm sure I have! I'm just so upset that you don't award every one of my photos, and I'm so demanding of people. Please remind me....what are my other faults on the site?

PhillipMinnis
18 Feb 2014 - 11:57 PM

Quote: many would love that level of success
/quote]
Sounds like a "clique."

Wow, being part of a clique is so bad!

Actually, if you care to look, in recent months, I've rarely commented on peoples' work, and I've very rarely clicked on their photos!!!!

Yet, this week, I've uploaded a few images, and every one of them has had a heap of clicks. I can assure you, there has been very, very few return clicks!

How many RCs do you have in your portfolio? Oh, none. You don't have any photos in your portfolio. Wink

Last Modified By PhillipMinnis at 18 Feb 2014 - 11:58 PM
discreetphoton
discreetphoton Site Moderator 93453 forum postsdiscreetphoton vcard United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2014 - 12:11 AM

Quote: Now, in my opinion, that is crossing the line!

Not really. You asked. I merely drew your attention to something you wrote. I haven't quoted it, and won't. However, it's all in the subtext of your public comments and one which followed it.

Twice now you've chosen to ignore sound logic because it doesn't support your view.

And in this thread, you are at risk of making more personal attacks. People have a tendency to say what they mean without realising it, and it's a big part of my job to pick up on it. It's moving that way, so I'll just advise you to cool your jets before you continue passing judgement on people's portfolios (or lack of).

PhillipMinnis
19 Feb 2014 - 12:15 AM

Quote: Twice now you've chosen to ignore sound logic because it doesn't support your view.

I take that as a personal attack, so I ask you to remove that statement!

Jestertheclown
19 Feb 2014 - 12:19 AM

My pf. is empty for very good reasons.
When it was in use however, it contained quite a few RC awards.
Not one of which was generated by being a part of a clique.

PhillipMinnis
19 Feb 2014 - 12:19 AM

Quote: [quote]You get an RC for every photo

/quote]
Sounds like a "clique."

Oh, and by the way, do you think there is any chance that my images receive a lot of 'clicks' because they're good?

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: No need to continue without OP