Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Why So Few Awards?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: No need to continue without OP
Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 41216 forum posts United Kingdom200 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2014 - 12:20 AM

Perhaps the smaller number of awards given out might make the self-congratulatory and insecure among us strive that little bit harder to win one of them.

The better photographs (should) win, and if one has to be better than more competitors than before, surely that can only be good for one's development?

If all one seeks is another's approval, in what for most of us is a hobby, I think one is doing it for the wrong reasons. And if it is as a professional, the only approval one really needs is one's customers.

I like to be praised for what I do, but if I never got an award, I wouldn't stop photography, as it pleases me, and that is what matters, to me. And getting a lot of awards can only cheapen the principle, as you become blasť about getting them and begin to question the system when you don't.

There are huge numbers of photos uploaded every day, and I for one would not like to have to choose between so many of a similar standard.

Nick

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 Feb 2014 - 12:20 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown
19 Feb 2014 - 12:25 AM

Quote:

Oh, and by the way, do you think there is any chance that my images receive a lot of 'clicks' because they're good?

It's possible.
Personally, I don't know. I haven't looked.

discreetphoton
discreetphoton Site Moderator 93455 forum postsdiscreetphoton vcard United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2014 - 12:25 AM

The staff team could just as easily take this thread as a personal attack, in which case we can remove the whole thing. Which would certainly take care of the subtle digs made at other members.
You were offered a graph which showed the percentage of awards given, but preferred to deal with the absolutes of a reduced number of awards given and refuted its validity. I can reword it anyway you would like, but the point still stands.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014842 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2014 - 12:37 AM

I like Phillip's comments

He puts plenty of white space between them - making reading easier

PhillipMinnis
19 Feb 2014 - 12:43 AM

Due to the path this thread has taken, I have decided not to comment or reply any further.

I have also decided to cease uploading to the site, and I will not be participating or contributing, in any way, to the site, in the future.

I will, however, be leaving my photos on the site, because many, many people have taken the time to click, comment and award my images, and I'm proud of the fact that all of this occurred without me belonging to any type of 'clique'.

I sincerely thank all of the people who have taken the time to click, comment and award my images! I wish you all the best in the future!

Jestertheclown
19 Feb 2014 - 12:50 AM

Is there an award for the best exit . . ?

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014842 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2014 - 12:55 AM

Pixoto gives loads of awards out - and constantly updates people's facebook walls telling us so....

Maybe you will find solace and the hungered for awards there

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: No need to continue without OP