Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Wildlife Photography

asclark01 e2
12 12
22 Aug 2003 8:16AM
Hi,

I am keen to photograph deer (Red Deer would be fab!) here in Britian. does anyone know where any good deer parks or wild locations are in this country? preferably southern England? but would appreciate any good spots!

Thanks all

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
22 Aug 2003 8:46AM
Try Richmond and Bushy parks - they have plenty of deer. Remember to be very cautious during the rutting season (Octoberish from memory) as the stags can become very aggressive. Several people have been hurt by them when trying to photograph them at that time of year.
Miles Herbert e2
12 1.8k 4 United Kingdom
22 Aug 2003 10:21AM
Longleat...their fallow deer will take food from your hand though you are not allowed out of the car, but great close ups.
naturenut e2
12 1.8k England
22 Aug 2003 12:09PM
Ashton Court in Bristol for fallow deer. I took photos there a couple of weeks ago, and uploaded one of the pics to my portfolio.
bailey73 e2
11 357
22 Aug 2003 3:55PM
If you are willing to travel - Exmoor is one of the best places I have found for Deer, get up nice and early in the morning and you can capture some great shots of them up on the moors in amongst the colourful heather. There are a couple of pics in my portfolio of my recent trip there.
bsua53 e2
11 8
13 Oct 2003 12:30PM
Richmond park is a good place to visit. You can also get fairly close to the animals too. But as the other guy said, beware of the aggressive stags at certain times of the year.
User_Removed 12 7.3k 6 United Kingdom
13 Oct 2003 2:12PM
The South of England is full of superb Deer locations many of which have been mentioned above.

Others not included are Knole Park and the New Forest!

Eastbourne and Bournemouth are good for old dears! Smile

Barrie
UserDeleted 11 3.6k
15 Oct 2003 7:44PM
Compton Acres in Bournmouth has 3-4 Muntjac deer in a smallish enclosure which almost guarantees a photograph and definately a sighting - albeit a non-wild one.

New forest area is great and my recommendation.

There are also deer in many of the fields between Hook and Basingstoke close to the M3 (I see them most early mornings from the car).

There are deer near/in Titchfield Haven near me, and hides - but the opening times are not ideally suited - but better now the Autumn is here.

HTH
Mike
naturenut e2
12 1.8k England
15 Oct 2003 8:31PM
Dyrham House, Gardens and Deer Park just north of Bath. A charge to go in unless a National Trust member. (Fallow deer)
Miles Herbert e2
12 1.8k 4 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2003 6:29AM
New Forest Owl and Otter sanctuary near Lyndhurst, they have a few red deer in an enclosure with a mesh fence you can stick the lens through. Also other deer, I think Fallow, in the same enclosure and some tame Roe that wander around free. Also otters, and a few other animals. Watch the Red Deer stag at this time of year, he looks a bit fiesty!. Entry fee is 6.00.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.