Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Wildlife Safari - Africa

Rev2 Plus
5 278 2 England
18 Feb 2013 9:19PM
Naturetrek do Safaris to the Masai Mara, Kenya for 1995. I've not been with them but I met the guide and his guests in India last year and they had far better shots of Tiger than I'd managed.

I've done South Africa twice independently with friends for under 2000 all in and Kenya with my o/h for around 1400.

We booked a cheap package deal and paid for additional trips which I booked through a Kenyan Safari company before I left the UK and we had the vehicle and excellent driver all to ourselves, don't know how they did it so cheap. It would have cost us more in park entry fees and accommodation than they charged for driver, vehicle, fuel, accommodation, food etc.

I hope that helps.

http://www.naturetrek.co.uk/landingpage.aspx?url=african-wildlife-safaris#.USKaXY50Eeg

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

20 Feb 2013 1:43PM
As Africa is such a big place you cannot say one area is the best for Photo Safaris
There are great areas I have visited & would recommend
Kenya--Amboseli, Lake Naivasha, Lake Nukuru & Masai Mara National Parks
Tanzania --Serengeti & Ngorongro Crater National Parks
Botswana--Chobi National Park (Great for Elephants & Chobi River cruise for Birds)
Namibia--Etosha National Park & Namib Desert with its wonderful sand dunes & desert landscapes

With photo safaris an element of luck comes into play for sighting some rarer animals like the elusive leopard
Good luck with your choice
devlin 5 652 39 India
20 Feb 2013 4:56PM
you may want to consider South Africa as well...some pretty decent options there as well....
CathyT 9 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
20 Feb 2013 6:10PM
..and if you want to see Penguins , South Africa...Boulders Bay.Wink
Coleslaw 9 13.4k 28 Wales
20 Feb 2013 6:37PM
Judging by the price, I think I can only afford to go to Longleat Safari Park.......lol.
devlin 5 652 39 India
20 Feb 2013 6:42PM

Quote:..and if you want to see Penguins , South Africa...Boulders Bay.Wink

i love that place...Smile
devlin 5 652 39 India
20 Feb 2013 6:46PM

Quote:Judging by the price, I think I can only afford to go to Longleat Safari Park.......lol.

Not sure of your budgets Smile but i have heard good things about this one

http://www.aquilasafari.com/enquiries

its definitely on my list when i go back to cape town in March....

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.