Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Wildlife Trail Infrared Camera

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Craggwildlife
    Craggwildlife e2 Member 572 forum postsCraggwildlife vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Aug 2013 - 11:24 AM

i am looking at purchasing a Wildlife Trail Infrared Camera has anyone got any info as to which makes are the best

Regards
    David

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    19 Aug 2013 - 11:24 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MichaelMelb_AU
    19 Aug 2013 - 1:45 PM

Please say more on the purpose of the purchase. What image quality you are after?

Craggwildlife
    Craggwildlife e2 Member 572 forum postsCraggwildlife vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Aug 2013 - 8:55 PM

Quote: Please say more on the purpose of the purchase. What image quality you are after?

looking for good quality captures with 10- 15 mpixals

MichaelMelb_AU
    19 Aug 2013 - 9:18 PM

I would look at something like an IR converted DSLR with Magic Lantern on it.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    Ade_Osman
    Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Aug 2013 - 9:28 PM

Don't think you'll find any at 10-15 megapixals......I use a couple of Bushnell HD Trail Cams which are very good and use black LED technology which are completely invisible to the naked eye at night. see HERE but these only come in at 8mp, there are some images in my p/f taken in the pitch blackness of night if you wish to see the output quality is like. 8mp is pretty much industry standard for these kind of cameras and I don't know of any others that offer a larger resolution.

If your sure your current camera kit will be safe to be left alone without the risk of theft or damage to the elements you could use an infra-red trigger/trap system wired up to a DSLR. I have one which I use occasionally, I use mine more for high speed imagery of birds in flight etc. But this is only of any real use during daylight hours because of the limitations of the camera, a Canon 50D.

Last Modified By Ade_Osman at 19 Aug 2013 - 9:41 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.