Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 2

Will Public Buzz change ePz's Forum?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72236 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
10 Mar 2012 - 9:45 PM

With the recent intro to Public buzz message on ePz, it does introduce the question of 'Will public buzz replace the ePz forum?' It's so easy to post a public buzz without the need of selecting a category or browsing the forums. It's visible directly by ALL users in their buzz feed. So, your even connecting with users who don't normally user the forum.

So, do you think public buzz will replace the forums?

(FYI, I have purposely posted this in the forum section to get the feedback of the forum users)

Last Modified By davidburleson at 10 Mar 2012 - 9:47 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 Mar 2012 - 9:45 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
10 Mar 2012 - 9:49 PM

I don't even know what it is......lol

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53997 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
10 Mar 2012 - 9:50 PM

No It Won't! Tongue

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72236 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
10 Mar 2012 - 9:51 PM

lol, some very obvious answers. One thing I have noticed from a personal experience is that the new buzz has quickly replaced any need for email notifications.

Cephus
Cephus  92100 forum posts England
10 Mar 2012 - 9:51 PM

What is it?

Last Modified By Cephus at 10 Mar 2012 - 9:52 PM
JJGEE
JJGEE  96104 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
10 Mar 2012 - 9:52 PM

Is anyone actually using the Public Buzz feature ?

davidburleson
10 Mar 2012 - 9:53 PM

Quote: What is it?

Public buzz is a new feature that allows you to post a short message to all ePHOTOzine members.

Cephus
Cephus  92100 forum posts England
10 Mar 2012 - 9:55 PM

Is it open to all or just e2 members?

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
10 Mar 2012 - 9:56 PM

Quote: Lol, some very obvious answers. One thing I have noticed from a personal experience is that the new buzz has quickly replaced any need for email notifications.

depends what you are looking for:
It dosn't tell me when a contact has uploaded a new pic.
If I want to see if the owner of a pic has responded to a critique that info is impossible to extract from your feed.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96104 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
10 Mar 2012 - 10:03 PM

Quote: you to post a short message to all ePHOTOzine members.

A short message is entirely different, perhaps something that ePHOTOzine itself wants to get out to everybody, whereas a Forum Topic is more like a discussion / debate / thoughts / ideas/ questions & answers etc. all grouped together in a thread.

How would that be achieved with the Public Buzz ?

Perhaps more importantly would everyone not get irritated with hundreds of Buzz notifications and just give up and not bother ?

Overread
Overread  53745 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
10 Mar 2012 - 10:05 PM

What with all this buzz stuff I've got some RAID just in case!

Though seriously the only time I notice this buzz thing is when I get that little notification to the side of my pm notification thingy on the forums.

FlashBangPicture

the forums died with the advent of groups for my money, as i suspected they would. They are nowhere near as busy as they used to be when i first joined this site. If the buzz thing is another nail in the coffin there is little here to keep my attention

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
10 Mar 2012 - 10:39 PM

Quote: How would that be achieved with the Public Buzz ?

The public buzz would be like the opening post in a forum, then each reply can appear underneath it like it does in the forum.
Trouble is, if you blink the it disappears off your feed and that is the last you see of it.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
10 Mar 2012 - 10:40 PM

Quote: With the recent intro to Public buzz message on ePz, it does introduce the question of 'Will public buzz replace the ePz forum?'

I am happy to say I haven't a clue what this is about. Smile

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85744 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
10 Mar 2012 - 10:42 PM

Quote: I am happy to say I haven't a clue what this is about. Smile

EchoWink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.