Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 2

Will Public Buzz change ePz's Forum?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53989 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2012 - 8:48 AM

Quote: Latest stuff does appear at the top.
Or do you mean when you expand a forum topic in buzz ?

I did actually say the Expanded list. I know the latest contributions appear at the top of the main Buzz but when you expand the list the latest comments etc. are right down the bottom.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Mar 2012 - 8:48 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jaydee007
Jaydee007  534 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2012 - 8:49 AM

In theory being the operative part of that comment Tongue

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 103956 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2012 - 8:51 AM

having just woken up, phew what a relief GrinGrin

I tried the public buzz, but turned it off..have just turned it back on again and I'm inundated with notices that everyman and his dog has commented or voted on a picture that I may or may not be interested in....what is that point of that? I forget how many members there are, but it's in the thousands, and if we all had a `flash buzz' one day the servers would go down and everything except the `latest' buzzez would have disappeared.

Sorry, am turning it off again. SadSad

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2012 - 9:34 AM

Quote: I did actually say the Expanded list. I know the latest contributions appear at the top of the main Buzz but when you expand the list the latest comments etc. are right down the bottom.

Sorry, it's not always easy to understand what bit people are talking about.
Good idea I will raise it as a report - see if the technical chaps can do that.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2012 - 9:36 AM

Quote: I'm inundated with notices that everyman and his dog has commented or voted on a picture that I may or may not be interested in....what is that point of that?

No idea, it's one of the mysteries of our time - does anyone find it useful?

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 74167 forum postsKarenFB vcard England160 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2012 - 9:37 AM

No. Switched it off long ago! Smile

Jaydee007
11 Mar 2012 - 9:55 AM

I see the moderator is sitting on the fence getting splinters in his bum
Quote: I'm inundated with notices that everyman and his dog has commented or voted on a picture that I may or may not be interested in....what is that point of that?
No idea, it's one of the mysteries of our time - does anyone find it useful?

lobsterboy
11 Mar 2012 - 10:13 AM

Quote: I see the moderator is sitting on the fence getting splinters in his bum

We are allowed our own opinions....

Jaydee007
11 Mar 2012 - 10:28 AM

Quote: I see the moderator is sitting on the fence getting splinters in his bum

We are allowed our own opinions....

It wasn't an opinion it was to try and stimulate more views from members

lobsterboy
11 Mar 2012 - 10:45 AM

Try reading further back down the thread. I think I made my opinion pretty clear.

User_Removed
11 Mar 2012 - 11:22 AM

Quote: No. Switched it off long ago!

Well... I've looked... and looked but to no avail.

How does one turn off this 'Buzz' thing please?

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 74167 forum postsKarenFB vcard England160 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2012 - 11:43 AM

Go to 'My Buzz' (just under your name, top right). There is a blue box on the right, click on 'My Stuff'. Now you will only be 'buzzed' when someone votes/clicks/comments on Your Stuff. Smile

If you have it set for 'All' - you get 'ALL'. So little happens in 'My Stuff' I rarely get 'buzzed'! Smile

Last Modified By KarenFB at 11 Mar 2012 - 11:46 AM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 103956 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
11 Mar 2012 - 11:53 AM

I've noticed that there is a difference between `my buzz' (ALL) and public buzz. Perhaps someone could explain, in simple terms' what the difference is and why and how we set it or not set it?

Cephus
Cephus  92100 forum posts England
11 Mar 2012 - 12:05 PM

Is there a BUZZ OFF! option? SmileWink

lobsterboy
11 Mar 2012 - 12:48 PM

Quote: I've noticed that there is a difference between `my buzz' (ALL) and public buzz. Perhaps someone could explain, in simple terms' what the difference is and why and how we set it or not set it?

All is everything that is happening on your pf and everything your contacts are doing.
Public buzz is just where people have posted a comment to public. But apart from the "public buzz" widget you can add to the home page, I have no idea where else they appear.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.