Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Will Public Buzz change ePz's Forum?

779HOB
2 1.1k United Kingdom
11 Mar 2012 2:16PM
Now I can see the public on the home page I might look a little more. It does look more like a comment and run thing though rather than being able to follow a conversation.

Having said that it's a very confusing widget to look at, small and lots of text, not easy to follow.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
11 Mar 2012 2:26PM
Is it just me, or is the widget only showing 5 or so topics. Can't see a way to go back any further than that.
779HOB
2 1.1k United Kingdom
11 Mar 2012 2:28PM
No I can only see about 3 I think.
lobsterboy e2
11 Mar 2012 2:31PM
I just collapsed them and there is 5 - if you've only got 3 I have absolutely no idea what is going on.
Shouldn't public be public for everyone ?

Hmmm, can't see how that is much of a challenge to the forums. If people start using it, threads will disappear from there pretty damn quick.
779HOB
2 1.1k United Kingdom
11 Mar 2012 2:32PM
I think it needs to be wider too - it feels a little squashed.
lobsterboy e2
11 Mar 2012 2:33PM

Quote:I think it needs to be wider too - it feels a little squashed.

You got it in the right hand column? Looks a bit better in the left.
779HOB
2 1.1k United Kingdom
11 Mar 2012 2:36PM
No I have it on the left - the right is even smaller isn't it.
lobsterboy e2
11 Mar 2012 2:39PM
Yeah the right is quite harsh on it.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
11 Mar 2012 3:22PM

Quote:I did actually say the Expanded list. I know the latest contributions appear at the top of the main Buzz but when you expand the list the latest comments etc. are right down the bottom.
Sorry, it's not always easy to understand what bit people are talking about.
Good idea I will raise it as a report - see if the technical chaps can do that.

Nice one LB. Smile
(and I do sometimes talk rubbish so I'm not surprised that you may have misunderstood me).
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
11 Mar 2012 4:05PM
Thanks Karen - it appears to be the 'default' setting as I haven't opted to change to any of the others ('My Stuff' that is...)

Still would like a 'Buzz Off' button though (as has been suggested Wink)

Back to the Rugby!!! Grin
Tooth e2
9 5.8k 227 Ireland
11 Mar 2012 11:57PM
so,. having had more time to think about it, Public Buzz is for the small minority of members who think so much of themselves that their thoughts need to be shared by the whole membership of EPZ...

maybe in the hope that one or two of those tens of thousands might be interested..

while the others just see it as an annoying waste of pixels on their home page

A bit like... SPAM really Wink Smile Tongue
779HOB
2 1.1k United Kingdom
12 Mar 2012 6:43AM

Quote:so,. having had more time to think about it, Public Buzz is for the small minority of members who think so much of themselves that their thoughts need to be shared by the whole membership of EPZ...

Not sure but I think the idea is that you can post questions there where a wider group of people might see it, those who don't use the forums. I am guessing there are 1000s who don't use the forums. But I think it could well turn more into a FB type feed with updates on what Pete had for breakfast.

Quote:while the others just see it as an annoying waste of pixels on their home page

You don't have to have it on the homepage I don't think, it's one of the widgets you can add.

I would rather we encouraged more members to use the forums really over having Buzz.
lobsterboy e2
12 Mar 2012 7:02AM

Quote:You don't have to have it on the homepage I don't think, it's one of the widgets you can add.

I think it still appears in your "All" buzz feed. Ade Mcfade has just posted one - you should be able to see it ?
779HOB
2 1.1k United Kingdom
12 Mar 2012 7:03AM
I see it on the homepage yes.
lobsterboy e2
12 Mar 2012 11:12AM

Quote:I did actually say the Expanded list. I know the latest contributions appear at the top of the main Buzz but when you expand the list the latest comments etc. are right down the bottom.
Sorry, it's not always easy to understand what bit people are talking about.
Good idea I will raise it as a report - see if the technical chaps can do that.
Nice one LB. Smile
(and I do sometimes talk rubbish so I'm not surprised that you may have misunderstood me).

The guys have changed the order now. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.