Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Win A High-Speed Samsung Memory Card On ePHOTOzine

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

SteveHunter
11 Dec 2012 - 11:59 AM

I thought my time of 1:31 was quite good, but thats looking a bit shaky now. I can't see me getting much faster than that. Plenty of free time over Christmas to have another go. Grin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Dec 2012 - 11:59 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

samueldilworth
11 Dec 2012 - 12:20 PM

Quote: I expect it's possible to finish the puzzle in 20-something seconds, although probably not for me. I might have done it if I hadn't accidentally opened another tab, but then again maybe the distraction helped!

You werenít wrong, Glenn, at least about the first part. Top tip: leave the tabs alone until youíve finished the puzzle.

GlennH
GlennH  91918 forum posts France1 Constructive Critique Points
11 Dec 2012 - 12:22 PM

Yeah, although even at my glacial pace the tab didn't cost me 8 seconds. All we need now is for the Rain Man to come along.

p12owe
p12owe  1101 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
11 Dec 2012 - 1:23 PM

Only works if you disable adblock first!
...only took two days to work that out... about half the time it would take me to do this flippin puzzle!

GlennH
11 Dec 2012 - 1:57 PM

I wonder if the prize is a 32GB card, as the text indicates, or if the numerous pictures of 64GB cards have any significance? I might be prepared to kill my mouse and risk my sanity for the extra gigs. Smile

samueldilworth
11 Dec 2012 - 9:41 PM

Quote: ...only took two days to work that out... about half the time it would take me to do this flippin puzzle!

Itís not a flipping puzzle, but a sliding one. Does that help you at all?

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318446 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
11 Dec 2012 - 10:19 PM

Samuel tile ninja! 22 seconds?????? Are you getting someone to help with a special double mouse action or something? Wink

discreetphoton
discreetphoton Site Moderator 93453 forum postsdiscreetphoton vcard United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
11 Dec 2012 - 10:22 PM

How many times did you have to refresh the page before you only had two tiles to swap? Wink

samueldilworth
11 Dec 2012 - 10:42 PM

No such luck, Pete. No funny stuff either, if thatís what youíre wondering! (I wondered that back when Glenn hit 30 seconds, and before that, when Goran hit 36 seconds. But nope. Now Iíve done 22 seconds I know itís possible with no tricks.)

I will confess I restarted the game until the first tile was in place, to give me a good start. Something tells me Iím not the only one doing that! Beyond that, I did the 22-second run with nothing more than a bit of luck, no mistakes, and fresh batteries in my Apple Magic Mouse (not a gaming mouse by any stretch of the imagination).

I did play about eleventeen billion games beforehandÖ And I loved sliding puzzles when I was a kid.

It might not be possible to do 22 seconds using a notebookís built-in touchpad. I know Iíd have trouble hitting 60 seconds on a notebook (without an external mouse).

All told, though, I fully expect someone to beat 22 seconds. Thereís no trick to it.

samueldilworth
11 Dec 2012 - 10:48 PM

Earlier, davidburleson said the game was tested before being put on the site. How quick were the fastest test runs?

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318446 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
12 Dec 2012 - 1:01 AM

Quote: How quick were the fastest test runs?

embarrassed face - 16mins was my best score in the test runs! I've managed 6mins since.

GlennH
12 Dec 2012 - 7:27 AM

As Gareth Keenan once said of Top Trumps: if you put in the time the rewards are obvious. Smile

I think it'll take a child prodigy with raptor-like reflexes to beat 22s. I'm hitting faster scores overall after exchanging my bone-shaking Acer 'kit mouse' for something more responsive, but still I'm some way off of the pace.

bzbee
bzbee  10102 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
27 Dec 2012 - 2:14 PM

Once you've got the hang of it, you need a lot of luck and 50% of all attempts are doomed when you get to the last three tiles. Whoever wins this will have earned it!!

samueldilworth
27 Dec 2012 - 3:08 PM

And someone has beaten me. Good on you, mahenderxyz555.

Bzbee: Iíve noticed your inexorable progress up the scoreboard. Youíre right about the final three tiles. You need those last tiles to fall into place without coaxing.

In retrospect, I think I must have been fortunate in other ways too, in my 22-second run. Iíve played a bit since, and have always been several seconds slower than that. A sub-22-second time doesnít seem within my abilities, at least without a gaming mouse.

bzbee
bzbee  10102 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
30 Dec 2012 - 9:47 PM

What's a gaming mouse?!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.