Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Windows 7 desktop background

User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
15 Jan 2012 12:21PM
Sounds like something running at startup which is trying to override your desktop background, you haven't installed one of those "100 Free Desktop Wallpapers and Screen Savers" type deals? Try Soluto to sort out your startup items.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
15 Jan 2012 12:49PM
Have you tried my suggestion ?
rob_marshall 3 96 1 United Kingdom
15 Jan 2012 1:01PM
Go to original user account (the one you have a problem with) Press START and cut/paste this in the command line at the bottom

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes

If there are any jpegs listed then delete it/them, but don't delete anything else. You might have a corrupt jpeg that's screwing things up. If your system is set to show system files you can navigate to the folder manually using Windows Explorer, but if system files are not set to show you can't.
Cephus 10 2.2k England
15 Jan 2012 1:50PM

Quote:Have you tried my suggestion ?

Yes thanks Bri I did try what you said it allowed me to select a solid colour but not a jpg.

Quote:Go to original user account (the one you have a problem with) Press START and cut/paste this in the command line at the bottom

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes

If there are any jpegs listed then delete it/them, but don't delete anything else. You might have a corrupt jpeg that's screwing things up. If your system is set to show system files you can navigate to the folder manually using Windows Explorer, but if system files are not set to show you can't.

Many thanks Rob your suggestion has solved the issue. SmileSmile
rob_marshall 3 96 1 United Kingdom
15 Jan 2012 5:31PM

Quote:
Many thanks Rob your suggestion has solved the issue. SmileSmile

No problem. Grin
17 Jan 2012 5:49PM
The Windows 7 in Support for themes has been extended. They in addition to setting the colors of the window chrome, desktop background, desktop icons, mouse pointers and sound schemes, themes in Windows 7 include desktop sideshow settings, and more than function of windows 7.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.