Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Windows 7 desktop background

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

User_Removed
15 Jan 2012 - 12:21 PM

Sounds like something running at startup which is trying to override your desktop background, you haven't installed one of those "100 Free Desktop Wallpapers and Screen Savers" type deals? Try Soluto to sort out your startup items.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Jan 2012 - 12:21 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315586 forum posts United Kingdom
15 Jan 2012 - 12:49 PM

Have you tried my suggestion ?

rob_marshall
15 Jan 2012 - 1:01 PM

Go to original user account (the one you have a problem with) Press START and cut/paste this in the command line at the bottom

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes

If there are any jpegs listed then delete it/them, but don't delete anything else. You might have a corrupt jpeg that's screwing things up. If your system is set to show system files you can navigate to the folder manually using Windows Explorer, but if system files are not set to show you can't.

Last Modified By rob_marshall at 15 Jan 2012 - 1:03 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Cephus
Cephus  92128 forum posts England
15 Jan 2012 - 1:50 PM

Quote: Have you tried my suggestion ?

Yes thanks Bri I did try what you said it allowed me to select a solid colour but not a jpg.

Quote: Go to original user account (the one you have a problem with) Press START and cut/paste this in the command line at the bottom

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes

If there are any jpegs listed then delete it/them, but don't delete anything else. You might have a corrupt jpeg that's screwing things up. If your system is set to show system files you can navigate to the folder manually using Windows Explorer, but if system files are not set to show you can't.

Many thanks Rob your suggestion has solved the issue. SmileSmile

Last Modified By Cephus at 15 Jan 2012 - 1:51 PM
rob_marshall
15 Jan 2012 - 5:31 PM

Quote:
Many thanks Rob your suggestion has solved the issue. SmileSmile

No problem. Grin

richardluthar
17 Jan 2012 - 5:49 PM

The Windows 7 in Support for themes has been extended. They in addition to setting the colors of the window chrome, desktop background, desktop icons, mouse pointers and sound schemes, themes in Windows 7 include desktop sideshow settings, and more than function of windows 7.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.