Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Windows 8, viewing Panasonic G2 RAW files

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    mitchellhatpeg
    24 Feb 2013 - 9:12 AM

I've just purchased my first Windows 8 laptop and expected to be able to view RW2 files from my Panasonic G2 in Windows Explorer and Microsoft photo viewer.

I can't.

I have installed the latest updates from Microsoft, which includes a RAW codec for recent cameras. I have tried to install the codec from Panasonic's own web site which lists the G2 in the supported cameras. However, this does not seem to be compatible with Windows 8 as during the install, there is a cryptic message about 'an operating system that supports this software is not installed on this system' .

Does anyone know how to fix this, or do I have to wait for Panasonic to produce a new Codec for Windows 8?

Many thanks for any help received.

Simon.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Feb 2013 - 9:12 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pluckyfilly
    pluckyfilly e2 Member 7282 forum postspluckyfilly vcard United Kingdom33 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Feb 2013 - 3:12 PM

I bought the Nikon 5200 at Christmas time and likewise expected to be able to view raw files using CS5 but it doesn't support the new camera and I had to download the DNG convertor I don't have windows 8 so cant help there I am afraid, so frustrating! I also bought Lightroom as our local camera group are always telling members how good it is but due to illness so far not been able to get out with the new camera for new material - spring may be a more welcome sight for me this year (always is but this year especially) I found a codec but still couldn't view my raw files! Good luck.
    Ann

AaronBregel
    15 Jun 2013 - 11:03 PM

Both the G2 and the D5200 had support added in the Microsoft Camera Codec Pack earlier this week. On Windows 8 you can just run Windows Update to receive the update.

pluckyfilly
    pluckyfilly e2 Member 7282 forum postspluckyfilly vcard United Kingdom33 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Jun 2013 - 8:28 AM

Wow thats great news but having said that I have just bought the CS6 upgrade as it was driving me crazy - thanks I could find this useful anyway when viewing my pics using windows.
    Ann

mitchellhatpeg
    16 Jun 2013 - 3:51 PM

Aaron,
    Really appreciate the update, thank you very much and welcome to EPZ.

Simon.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.