Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Windows 8

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Jestertheclown

Perhaps I used something else then.
No doubt you'll have looked it up.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
2 Nov 2012 - 8:20 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
2 Nov 2012 - 11:27 PM

I had a quick look at Wikipedia and it only mentions a Windows version of MWBAM.

I've used things like ERD Commander which give you a version of Windows that lets you boot the machine and read all the machine's NTFS drives without executing any malware on them. You can recover files and run Windows antil Malware. I think your Linux boot USB would only be useful for recovering files.

KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 102983 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
4 Nov 2012 - 8:37 PM

Upgraded my desktop from 7
Can anyone explain how to get rid of the Flash Player plugin Application error box that refuses to close despite pressing OK to close it as ii sits neatly in the centre of the screen.
I have resorted to dragging it to the bottom of the screen.

onetrickpony
5 Nov 2012 - 1:45 PM

@JackAllTog

Quote: Also on Win8 you get IE10, and this should also be faster and more secure.

Or you could just do what everyone else apart from my nan has done already and download chrome.

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53666 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
5 Nov 2012 - 3:12 PM

Quote: Upgraded my desktop from 7
Can anyone explain how to get rid of the Flash Player plugin Application error box that refuses to close despite pressing OK to close it as ii sits neatly in the centre of the screen.

I assume uninstalliing adobe and reinstalling it sorted the problem.

@onetrickpony - True - i still use chrome more than IE, and at the moment slightly prefer it. But forcing myself to use IE10 to get to know it.

KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 102983 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
5 Nov 2012 - 10:21 PM

Quote: I assume uninstalliing adobe and reinstalling it sorted the problem.

Tried that and no joy

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014170 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
5 Nov 2012 - 10:25 PM

Task Manager now has a startup tab. Click on that & you should be able to disable any Adobe processes in the startup.
Then a restart should get rid of it.

KenTaylor
5 Nov 2012 - 11:10 PM

Thanks will give it a go.
Its only this site where it refuses to go away

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014170 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
6 Nov 2012 - 10:02 AM

or try a full uninstall.

cambirder
cambirder  107202 forum posts England
6 Nov 2012 - 3:56 PM

Quote: Upgraded my desktop from 7

Yes, go back to to your previous working OS Grin

KenTaylor
6 Nov 2012 - 7:44 PM

Quote: Yes, go back to to your previous working OS Grin

Only one I missed starting from MS.DOS which was Vista Wink

KenTaylor
24 Nov 2012 - 5:23 PM

It appears that Firefox and Win 8 don't like each other Sad

lobsterboy
24 Nov 2012 - 6:01 PM

Works OK on mine.

KenTaylor
24 Nov 2012 - 11:11 PM

I should have said Adobe Flash Player plugin that causes conflict when using Firefox.
A known issue apparently.

lobsterboy
25 Nov 2012 - 7:30 AM

Again No problem here. But I had problems before the upgrade with flash and ie.
There is a flash uninstaller which does a total remove. Try that followed by an install.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.