Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Windows 8 Colour Question

Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
20 Nov 2012 9:29AM

Quote:switch the value of gfx.color_management.mode to '1'.

Right.
Done that. It was actually set to '0' rather than'2.'

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
21 Nov 2012 9:37PM
Hmmm,

Right I thought I would have a look at this tonight. It seems that by default Firefox is colour managed now.
Both Jester and myself had it set to 2 which seems to Enable color management for tagged graphics only. (Default)
anyway there is a plugin that allows you to tweek the settings easily here .
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
21 Nov 2012 9:48PM
Thanks Chris.
GlennH 9 1.9k 1 France
21 Nov 2012 10:09PM
Aye, I've always used the plug-in rather than dig around under the hood. It's a little bizarre that Chrome doesn't seem to offer the option to assign sRGB to untagged files, but kind of expected in Safari because Apple don't make wide-gamut monitors...
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
21 Nov 2012 10:15PM
It's funny, I have been wondering why my shots looked massively over saturated when I viewed them on here, just switched on "embed profile" and the shot I uploaded looks so much better.
GlennH 9 1.9k 1 France
21 Nov 2012 10:27PM
Yep, should really be prominent in ephotozine advice to embed the profile - quite a large proportion of people don't. Not exactly a major crisis, but they're probably unaware of the consequences nonetheless.

Perhaps we'll see a few more wide-gamut monitors on the market since browsers are starting to align, although I think the real issue is just that standard gamut can typically be made more cheaply (using panels of low 6-bit colour depth).

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.