Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Windows office help 2007

tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
24 Feb 2013 5:47PM
We need to purchase a new laptop at home

We have Office 2007 installed on three machines
One of the machines is being replaced.

I believe that you have to notify MS or something, that one of the installations of Office is being discontinued, so that it can be activated on the new machine.

Having said this, the new laptop, will have Windows 8 and presumably the latest office installed, on a trial basis
Will the activation code work on a later version?

All thoughts welcome, but we are sticking with MS, so not interested in other applications that are similar to MS Office

Adrian

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
24 Feb 2013 8:18PM
I've installed and re-installed versions of Office (2003 & 2010) on various computers many times over the years and not once have I been let down using the original licence number.

I've never contacted MS. and I've never deactivated a copy.

The number has always just kept on working.

I rather doubt though, that your existing number will work with a later version.
cambirder 10 7.2k England
24 Feb 2013 8:51PM
The licence for Office 2007 only covers 2 machines (Office 2013 I believe is just one) so you should find no problem in installing it on another having already put it on a third. If you are passing on the old machine you should really un-install it first.
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
24 Feb 2013 9:04PM
To be honest Paul,
I cannot remember how many installs were allowed

I thought it was three - if the new laptop, needs a tad of cash chucking at it, then so be itSad

The new machine is for our Dan, who inherited his Mum's old machine - on it's last legs now - about 6 years old
24 Feb 2013 9:06PM
I though that 2010 only covered two machines as well but I've installed it on at least three.

Does the number actually stop working after a certain number off uses, or are MS sandbagging?
MrGoatsmilk 6 1.5k England
24 Feb 2013 10:29PM
I've just installed Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013. For 8.95 in their home use program. Works with 7 and 8. Worth a look if you can get that.

Just google Microsoft HUP
24 Feb 2013 10:41PM
That's how I acquired Office 2010.

You just need to have, or know someone that has, an appropriate email address.
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
26 Feb 2013 9:04PM
He (the son) apparently hadTongue

New laptop purchased yesterday evening and all is wellSmile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.