Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Wix.oom! Has anyone used this template for weddings?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: Enough is enough.
Lucian
Lucian  4541 forum posts
7 Feb 2012 - 2:32 PM

I am looking to create about another 10 websites for my wedding photography business and have been looking at wix.com as a template provider. I just wanted to know how well seo these sites are and has anyone had any luck using them for wedding photography advertising?

Thanks
Lucian

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Feb 2012 - 2:32 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pulsar69
pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
7 Feb 2012 - 3:07 PM

Yes they are fantastic Lucian. They will also supply you with unlimited leads and top positions for all of your keywords on google. There is no better way to approach the delicate world of wedding photography than hit it head on with loads and loads of cheap websites and charge really cheap rates, then link them all together in a huge wedding web to snag all those unsuspecting brides and grooms. Following which you can put even more templates out there until eventually .... WORLD DOMINATION , but please remember it was my advice that go you there and save some work for us other wedding togs.......

Tongue

Lucian
Lucian  4541 forum posts
7 Feb 2012 - 5:28 PM

Quote: Yes they are fantastic Lucian. They will also supply you with unlimited leads and top positions for all of your keywords on google. There is no better way to approach the delicate world of wedding photography than hit it head on with loads and loads of cheap websites and charge really cheap rates, then link them all together in a huge wedding web to snag all those unsuspecting brides and grooms. Following which you can put even more templates out there until eventually .... WORLD DOMINATION , but please remember it was my advice that go you there and save some work for us other wedding togs.......

Tongue

What are you getting at with a reply like this?

scottishphototours

PMSL at 69.......Grin

pulsar69
pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
7 Feb 2012 - 5:57 PM

Just asking you save some work for us other togs Lucian , is that not fair ? p.s wix.oom sounds good but doesnt work very well Wink

Last Modified By pulsar69 at 7 Feb 2012 - 5:58 PM
zed
zed  10551 forum posts United Kingdom
7 Feb 2012 - 6:06 PM

Why don't you have one good site Lucian instead of loads of little ones scattered all over, must be a pain to keep up with?

Last Modified By zed at 7 Feb 2012 - 7:59 PM
keithh
keithh e2 Member 1022924 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
7 Feb 2012 - 6:57 PM

Joke sites.

Actually, yes go for it.

conrad
conrad  1010874 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
7 Feb 2012 - 7:23 PM

My brother-in-law uses wix.com and is very happy with it. Great templates, I've considered having a look at it.

But why don't you just build one really good website and have other people link to it, that will give you a better Google ranking than spreading your work over ten websites - in fact, make sure everyone links to the same page, that works even better.

JohnParminter

Quote: But why don't you just build one really good website and have other people link to it, that will give you a better Google ranking than spreading your work over ten websites - in fact, make sure everyone links to the same page, that works even better.

Yes but Conrad, I fear you are missing the important point here, having 10 + websites to allure potential wedding customers is the recognised technique used by highly sought after professionals regarded at the top of their game, have you not been reading all the previous various threads... ?

Wink

can I get ten in a landscape template as well....

conrad
conrad  1010874 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
7 Feb 2012 - 7:53 PM

Quote: have you not been reading all the previous various threads...

Nope. I don't want to sound exactly like Manuel from Fawlty Towers, but "I know nooothing!" Tongue

Overread
Overread  63746 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
7 Feb 2012 - 8:21 PM

Even big companies don't use 10+ different websites unless they are localising globally speaking. I can't understand why you'd need 10+ different websites to promote a single service and single business providing the exact same services.

Now if you were doing a various number of different photography fields and wanted to break them up (eg you nudes and weddings and industrial sites) I could understand it, but not when its the same service.

Speaking as a consumer if someones business name plugged into google gave me 10+ different websites for their business I'd be highly suspect as to why they'd need so many, plus surely their rankings will be fighting for each other (unless each one is registered with a different name - at which point any light research (Eg contact details) and peoples alarm bells will start screaming scammer)

Lucian
Lucian  4541 forum posts
7 Feb 2012 - 9:35 PM

I think having lots of sites is a good thing. I did have 13 websites but some were not effective because of duplicate content in several sites that affected the seo. I have 5 websites that are doing well considering what i pay for them so as my subscriptions expire on the sites that are not effective i intend replacing them with more websites from a different web template supplier to have an even bigger web presence. I have website domains to cover all the districts within a 50 mile radius of where i live and also have domains to cover all the large populated areas around me and regreted creating more sites with the same template provider so wish to create more with a different one to get more work. I use clikpic but want to get more sites that will get on the first page of google and am considering wix.com as it is easy to use but i dont know if i will get it ranked that highly. I know from experience that being listed on the first page of google is far more effective than being on the second page so would like to create so many websites so it puts other photographers on the second page and has about 3 of my sites on the first page. Is wix going to do this or can anyone tell me if they have tried a photoium v a clikpic and what has ranked highest.

Kind regards
Lucian

mikehit
mikehit  56348 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
7 Feb 2012 - 9:48 PM

Quote: I know from experience that being listed on the first page of google is far more effective than being on the second page so would like to create so many websites so it puts other photographers on the second page

You are making the assumption that one person will click on all 13 of your sites and not your competitors'. And surely you end up spreading your best photos across multiple sites resulting in 12 mediocre sites that people will not revisit (and repeat business is always better).

Has your tactic worked yet - and I mean hard numbers rather than 'I think so'? If you don't know that you are just wasting money on web hosters and wasting time when you could be out shooting more photos. You do seem to come up with 'unusual' business tactics.

Lucian
Lucian  4541 forum posts
7 Feb 2012 - 9:51 PM

If i only had 1 website i would not be in business with the work it generates. I have 5 websites that get me a lot of work between them. Having more should be better.

mikehit
mikehit  56348 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
7 Feb 2012 - 10:03 PM

Quote: Having more should be better.

I very much doubt it because of diminishing returns.

Quote: If i only had 1 website i would not be in business with the work it generates

But are four of those sites getting you work that you would not have otherwise got...? How do you know that those people would not have contacted you through 2 sites, or 3 or 4?
The simple answer is you don't.

Have you asked people which websites they looked at before making a decision?

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: Enough is enough.