Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Wix.oom! Has anyone used this template for weddings?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: Enough is enough.
Lucian
Lucian  4505 forum posts
7 Feb 2012 - 10:10 PM

I have 1 website that gets me more work than all the rest put together including the one that has my own domain as the name. The website can only get about 3 words in the title that gets indexes. 2 of the words are WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER and the third word is a name of a town with a large population. I have been looking at photoium but it seems to be hard to set up compared to a clikpic site. can anyone recommend any templates that are as seo effective as clikpic and are also just as easy to set up?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Feb 2012 - 10:10 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

blackbird
blackbird  7159 forum posts United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
7 Feb 2012 - 10:57 PM

I have found Photium dead easy to set up and customise.

pulsar69
pulsar69  91611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
7 Feb 2012 - 11:00 PM

OK all joking aside Lucian its time to stop asking the same questions and walking round and round like a dog with a bone tied to its behind ....

SEO is about Quality not Quantity
Photography is about Quality not Quantity
Weddings are about the most important day of someones life

Yes you need a web presence but you first need to understand a client and where they are coming from , I have seen your websites and to be fair 100 of them will still be no better ,start concentrating on the one that brings you the business and grow it , once that is mega-successful then you can think about spreading out ( and thats where it gets real difficult )

At the moment you are having a small measure of success mainly down to your lack of competition and the localities in which you are advertising , so use this to your advantage and increase the quality of both your sites and your photography, dont rest on your laurels thinking you are doing something great and attempting to mass-emulate it like your tesco or someone ! because that will be written on your grave if you do .... make sure you have it right and concentrate on the client, your product and service are absolutely paramount.

I see hundreds and hundreds of junk emails, doesnt make me want to read any of them ... see hundreds of crap results when searching in google ... i dismiss them .... websites are no different.

Stand out or Stand Back ...

Lucian
Lucian  4505 forum posts
7 Feb 2012 - 11:19 PM

Could you please tell me how you think i have a lack of competition. Thats the one thing i dont like about websites is that when people search they have a selection of photographers to choos from.

strawman
strawman  1021991 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
7 Feb 2012 - 11:58 PM

Quote: Could you please tell me how you think i have a lack of competition. Thats the one thing i dont like about websites is that when people search they have a selection of photographers to choos from.

But that is why the person does the search. They want to see the choices. Its not a closed market. the solution should be to make your offering look different and better.

How many sites do you have?, you look to have a number some offering low cost wedding packages. Does it not worry you that you turn up multiple times in one search and at different prices??

Last Modified By strawman at 8 Feb 2012 - 12:08 AM
Lucian
Lucian  4505 forum posts
8 Feb 2012 - 12:14 AM

There is certain things i have established as a wedding photographer. The top end photographers tend to be experts in photoshop and are able to edit their photos in to a surreal state that can command a higher price. I dont want to learn how to do this because i think i can make more money photographing more weddings for cheaper. I use lots of cheap websites to give myself more presence on the internet than any other photographer and hope that enough people will book me from the enquiries i get, to an extent this works.
I am perfectly honest with myself that there are better photographers than me but know due to my clients feedback they are very impressed with my work, the quality of my albums and my prices so i dont really want to change my business model i just want to get more advertising to secure more work thats all.
One thing i have realised is that using advertising techniques that allow the client to view my work before they have looked at another photographer can be quite effective as they dont always want to compare me to others if they are happy with what i have to show them. I am looking in to expanding on this but dont see the harm in trying to get even more presence on the internet.

strawman
strawman  1021991 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2012 - 12:24 AM

But you may well have saturated the web. For example if you turn up in the combination of words people will search for then having more sites will not help. Then perhaps you would be better off with a different advertising technique. I had a quick play and you turn up a lot already.

Just a thought.

conrad
conrad e2 Member 910870 forum postsconrad vcard 116 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2012 - 10:20 AM

Quote: having more sites will not help

That's correct, especially if there is duplication - Google will actually lower your ranking if it detects that.

And with regards to place names in domain names etc., you don't really have to have them in your domain names. As long as your domain name is relevant to what you do, and you use those place names (and that can be as many as you like) in the keywords and the content of your website (don't just make a list of names, use them in sentences), you'll get a better google ranking for both your profession and the place names you want to get business in than if you spread yourself thin over a lot of websites.

But of course if you don't want to believe this and keep doing what you do, that's up to you. Someone else in your area is bound to figure out at some point how to do this right and will then be listed higher in the results than you.

779HOB
779HOB  2985 forum posts United Kingdom
8 Feb 2012 - 10:48 AM

If you need 10 sites to do the job of 1 then there's something wrong with the 1. I think pulsar69 is right. (as are many other comments on this thread.)

Last Modified By 779HOB at 8 Feb 2012 - 12:09 PM
ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014554 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2012 - 11:01 AM

are the 10 sites differently branded?

or have they got the same brand with different names -

eg - lucianweddings.com lucian-weddings.com lucian-brides.com etc.

Getting one name out there is hard enough, never mind 10!

pulsar69
pulsar69  91611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2012 - 1:59 PM

Quote: There is certain things i have established as a wedding photographer. The top end photographers tend to be experts in photoshop and are able to edit their photos in to a surreal state that can command a higher price. I dont want to learn how to do this because i think i can make more money photographing more weddings for cheaper. I use lots of cheap websites to give myself more presence on the internet than any other photographer and hope that enough people will book me from the enquiries i get, to an extent this works.
I am perfectly honest with myself that there are better photographers than me but know due to my clients feedback they are very impressed with my work, the quality of my albums and my prices so i dont really want to change my business model i just want to get more advertising to secure more work thats all.
One thing i have realised is that using advertising techniques that allow the client to view my work before they have looked at another photographer can be quite effective as they dont always want to compare me to others if they are happy with what i have to show them. I am looking in to expanding on this but dont see the harm in trying to get even more presence on the internet.

Top end photographers expert in photoshop ? I would expect all wedding photographers to have experise in photoshop in this competitive market. Todays brides dont look at the first website they come to and say thats the one either ! they are maticulous in their searches and will often narrow it down to a list of 2 or 3 then want to meet them.

Normally wedding photographers start at your stage with the cheap but good enough wedding model and as they gain experience knowledge and expertise also advance their prices and packages to suit, so it seems the statement youre making is that your happy with the level your at and dont want to advance any further, but you would like to take more bookings anyway ? This attitude seems a little contradictory and a little insulting to be honest towards both clients and fellow photographers. It became obvious to me and I guess most other photographers a year or sooner in to their business that the better quality higher price and less weddings approach is the best one and affords you more time to spend on and with your client and produce the best quality work.

collywobles
8 Feb 2012 - 5:15 PM

I really believe Lucian is having a field day winding us all up, 10 - 13 websites indeed, and photo's ready in an album by Tuesday.... dont make me laugh!

Your business model lacks integrity - bit like a machine gun approach where sometimes you hit the target but most shots miss. Its quality that counts not quantity and as you do not post any images on EPZ for us to make an assessment thats how you will be judged.

Last Modified By collywobles at 8 Feb 2012 - 5:17 PM
Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2012 - 5:39 PM

Quote: due to my clients feedback they are very impressed with my work

Will you let us have a peek at your website? Smile

We might be very impressed too............

mikehit
mikehit e2 Member 45761 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2012 - 5:41 PM

Quote: Its quality that counts not quantity

Alas, I think Lucian is tapping the majority of people who do not really care if careful use of f4 versus f11 gives them a nice background bokeh against which the bride stands out. They want sharp, well exposed photos with a pretty background where everyone is recognisable and reminds them of their day out. How many times in discussions about wedding/portrait photography said that client management and business management is more important than photographic skill. Lucian may just be exploiting that.
Yes, if you gavethe punter side-by-side two photos they could tell the difference between Lucian's output and that of a high-quality photographer but what they don't know they don't miss and they are happy in their ignorance.

But that is probably the strategy of Lucian's post - if you blast Google with so many of your own websites that the punters don't get to see the competition, they will never know what they are missing. Personally, I think it is easier to improve your skills (including photoshop!) because that means higher profit margins and you don't need to work so hard for the same profit.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
8 Feb 2012 - 5:45 PM

If I'm not mistaken, Lucian charges about £650 for his wedding package (I'm sure he'll correct this if I'm wrong). I imagine that is on the low side these days, although not ultra-low?

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: Enough is enough.