Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Wkly B&W Chall 25th April - "Something Old"

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    WeeGeordieLass
    WeeGeordieLass e2 Member 2339 forum postsWeeGeordieLass vcard England
    20 Apr 2012 - 10:00 AM

The weekend is here - lots of time to shoot "Something Old". Newcomers to the group are welcome, anyone can join in. Enjoy hunting for "old stuff". The older the better - Self Portraits will be accepted! Cheers All - Elaine

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    20 Apr 2012 - 10:00 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

WeeGeordieLass
    23 Apr 2012 - 10:55 AM

3 Days to go to upload a shot of "Something Old" Challenge ends 6 pm Wednesday. Can't wait to see all of your imaginative shots.

Lynx08
    Lynx08 e2 Member 61233 forum postsLynx08 vcard England
    23 Apr 2012 - 9:20 PM

I've not been here for a while and I've uploaded this week, but just realised I took the image a couple of weeks ago so maybe no good?

Lyn

WeeGeordieLass
    23 Apr 2012 - 9:33 PM

Aahh that's a shame Lyn.

The shots have to be taken after the theme is announced, which was 18th April. Sorry I'll not be able to include it in the judging..........it's a great shot though.

Hope you get another chance to re-take the shot before 25th, or maybe you'll spot another great subject in time to upload.

Take Care

Elaine

WeeGeordieLass
    25 Apr 2012 - 5:54 PM

Just over 2 hours to go. Still time to upload a shot for the "Something Old" challenge. Closing time is 8 pm this evening - (apologies for previous forum post on 23rd saying that closing time was 6 pm - this was incorrrect - deadline is definitely 8 pm - I had a "Senior Moment")!!

WeeGeordieLass
    25 Apr 2012 - 8:12 PM

Well, it’s that time of the week again……………..I enjoy hosting challenges, but for me this is the part I don’t like at all – the judging!

I’ve enjoyed watching your shots coming in all week – and,………..Respect, to all of you for these quality images.

On choosing my winner I was undecided between two images, so I’ve gone with the one which evoked the most emotional response in me – which is what I believe photography is all about……so my winner this week is……………….

“Old Charlie” by Bugdog

Phil, I love this shot. “Old Charlie’s” face is alive, the sparkle in his eyes, the smile on his face. The composition is great and the timing, and I like the way that you can just faintly see the other runners in the background. The b & w tones are wonderful. Was this at the beginning of the Marathon? ……”Old Charlie” is still smiling – and this guy’s no spring chicken!

Old Charlie was closely followed by “Nettar” by dwilkin. Darren this shot is beautiful and sharp, and an excellent subject. I love the way you process b & w images.

Thanks to everyone else who uploaded, these are great images which I've enjoyed.

Cheers

Elaine

cattyal
    cattyal e2 Member 96032 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Apr 2012 - 8:17 PM

Thanks for hosting this week Elaine and well done to Phil for winning.

You had a good varied selection to judge this week for which I don't envy you one little bit!

JawDborn
    JawDborn e2 Member 2728 forum postsJawDborn vcard England
    25 Apr 2012 - 8:28 PM

Well done Phil and Darren. The photo of Old Charlie reminds me of my younger days.
    Excellent challenge, Elaine. I enjoyed seeing all the different subjects your topic elicited: thank you for hosting the challenge.

Jack

dwilkin
    dwilkin  724249 forum posts United Kingdom
    25 Apr 2012 - 8:36 PM

I can't take all the credit for the sharpness of my shot - some of that goes to the previous owner of the camera. It's 65 years old, and looks like it came out of the box just last week!

wynn469
    wynn469  572 forum posts Wales
    25 Apr 2012 - 9:17 PM

Well done Phil and Darren very worth winners a good entry from everbody.

rambler
    rambler e2 Member 6469 forum postsrambler vcard England14 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Apr 2012 - 11:02 PM

Great shots everyone and congratulations to Phil and Darren. Many thanks to Elaine for an excellent week and for the time and comments.

Ken.

bugdog
    bugdog  8 United Kingdom
    26 Apr 2012 - 12:43 AM

Thanks for the great comments.
    Old Charlie was coming up to the finish and still like you say a sparkle in his eye

WeeGeordieLass
    26 Apr 2012 - 7:52 AM

Wow - still looking good, and smiling at the finish line - he's obviously a lot fitter than me!

Looking forward to seeing your topic for the coming week's challenge Phil.

I've sent you a PM.

Cheers

Elaine

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.