Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Wkly B&W Chall 25th April - "Something Old"

20 Apr 2012 10:00AM
The weekend is here - lots of time to shoot "Something Old". Newcomers to the group are welcome, anyone can join in. Enjoy hunting for "old stuff". The older the better - Self Portraits will be accepted! Cheers All - Elaine

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

23 Apr 2012 10:55AM
3 Days to go to upload a shot of "Something Old" Challenge ends 6 pm Wednesday. Can't wait to see all of your imaginative shots.
Lynx08 e2
6 1.2k England
23 Apr 2012 9:20PM
I've not been here for a while and I've uploaded this week, but just realised I took the image a couple of weeks ago so maybe no good?

Lyn
23 Apr 2012 9:33PM
Aahh that's a shame Lyn.

The shots have to be taken after the theme is announced, which was 18th April. Sorry I'll not be able to include it in the judging..........it's a great shot though.

Hope you get another chance to re-take the shot before 25th, or maybe you'll spot another great subject in time to upload.

Take Care

Elaine
25 Apr 2012 5:54PM
Just over 2 hours to go. Still time to upload a shot for the "Something Old" challenge. Closing time is 8 pm this evening - (apologies for previous forum post on 23rd saying that closing time was 6 pm - this was incorrrect - deadline is definitely 8 pm - I had a "Senior Moment")!!
25 Apr 2012 8:12PM
Well, it’s that time of the week again……………..I enjoy hosting challenges, but for me this is the part I don’t like at all – the judging!

I’ve enjoyed watching your shots coming in all week – and,………..Respect, to all of you for these quality images.

On choosing my winner I was undecided between two images, so I’ve gone with the one which evoked the most emotional response in me – which is what I believe photography is all about……so my winner this week is……………….

“Old Charlie” by Bugdog

Phil, I love this shot. “Old Charlie’s” face is alive, the sparkle in his eyes, the smile on his face. The composition is great and the timing, and I like the way that you can just faintly see the other runners in the background. The b & w tones are wonderful. Was this at the beginning of the Marathon? ……”Old Charlie” is still smiling – and this guy’s no spring chicken!

Old Charlie was closely followed by “Nettar” by dwilkin. Darren this shot is beautiful and sharp, and an excellent subject. I love the way you process b & w images.

Thanks to everyone else who uploaded, these are great images which I've enjoyed.

Cheers

Elaine
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
25 Apr 2012 8:17PM
Thanks for hosting this week Elaine and well done to Phil for winning.

You had a good varied selection to judge this week for which I don't envy you one little bit!
JawDborn e2
2 793 1 England
25 Apr 2012 8:28PM
Well done Phil and Darren. The photo of Old Charlie reminds me of my younger days.
Excellent challenge, Elaine. I enjoyed seeing all the different subjects your topic elicited: thank you for hosting the challenge.

Jack
dwilkin 8 24.3k United Kingdom
25 Apr 2012 8:36PM
I can't take all the credit for the sharpness of my shot - some of that goes to the previous owner of the camera. It's 65 years old, and looks like it came out of the box just last week!
wynn469 5 72 Wales
25 Apr 2012 9:17PM
Well done Phil and Darren very worth winners a good entry from everbody.
rambler e2
6 477 14 England
25 Apr 2012 11:02PM
Great shots everyone and congratulations to Phil and Darren. Many thanks to Elaine for an excellent week and for the time and comments.

Ken.
bugdog 8 9 United Kingdom
26 Apr 2012 12:43AM
Thanks for the great comments.
Old Charlie was coming up to the finish and still like you say a sparkle in his eye
26 Apr 2012 7:52AM
Wow - still looking good, and smiling at the finish line - he's obviously a lot fitter than me!

Looking forward to seeing your topic for the coming week's challenge Phil.

I've sent you a PM.

Cheers

Elaine

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.