Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

wolverhampton camera fair

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    kilowatt
    kilowatt e2 Member 4kilowatt vcard United Kingdom
    19 Feb 2013 - 4:54 PM

With the abscence of camera dealers and shops in the East Midlands ,I am considering a visiy to the Afore mentioned fair.
    Has anyone been or can pass comments on It
    Being unable to drive due to sight problems, It is a long round trip to ask My wife.
    Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Kilowatt

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    19 Feb 2013 - 4:54 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

AlexandraSD
    19 Feb 2013 - 5:10 PM

Never been, not even to wolverhampton but will be there in 2 weeks, when is this fair please?

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Feb 2013 - 5:19 PM

I've been a few times in the past (last time was about 7 years ago) If it's like it used to be its a large hall with about 100 or so camera dealers. These are camera shops and individuals with lots of camera gear.

It's usually older stuff, mostly second hand and much vintage. When I went there was little digital but things may have changed. You are guaranteed to find bargains, and rare stuff, and unusual stuff. These guys have been setting up their collector's stall for decades and mostly all know each other.

It used to be a good atmosphere, and great to look round - like a cross between a car boot sale and an antique fair but totally photography based.

It's a good opportunity to connect with various dealers around the country get a feel for what they stock and then you can make contact later knowing who you're dealing with via mail order.

kilowatt
    19 Feb 2013 - 5:49 PM

Thanks for the feedback.
    Think I will give it a try
    Regards Kilowatt

Techno
    Techno  61006 forum posts England8 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Feb 2013 - 5:50 PM

Wolverhampton Camera Fair dates....

Last Modified By Techno at 19 Feb 2013 - 5:51 PM
    redsnappa
    redsnappa  111911 forum posts United Kingdom
    19 Feb 2013 - 6:50 PM

Wow, just looked at the photos and it seems they do not let in anyone under the age of fifty.

AlexandraSD
    19 Feb 2013 - 7:01 PM

Quote: Wow, just looked at the photos and it seems they do not let in anyone under the age of fifty.

meh, i just wont wear makeup then Wink

Thanks for the link techno Smile

Niknut
    Niknut e2 Member 4560 forum postsNiknut vcard United Kingdom61 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Feb 2013 - 8:11 PM

The last Wolverhampton camera fair was 2 days ago on the 17th Feb.......there's another one in April though !

It's on my doorstep, so I go sometimes......but it tends to be busy with those of a senior disposition, usually looking in the tat-boxes at filters & lenshoods !!

But if you ignore this clientele, there's usually plenty of stalls, though less so these days(?)......but the digital content is increasing all the time, & I bought
    a nice Panasonic compact & a lens for my Canon gear just before Xmas, & other Canon gear earlier in the year..........

It's worth a look....but it's the luck of the draw, whether you find what you're looking for..........

Oh !....the admission price drops to 3 after 10 am (10 before that time).........

kilowatt
    19 Feb 2013 - 8:53 PM

Nicknut
    thanks for the comment I am 72 so that dosn'nt bother me.
    As long as there is someone with me to point me in the right direction and make shure I don't get lost I will be OK.
    Cheers

ste_p0270
    ste_p0270  363 forum posts England
    20 Feb 2013 - 10:00 AM

i went last year (like Nicknut - it's 5 mins from where i live) and can attest at the age of 42, i was probably one of the
    youngest there by some margin Tongue

definitely the place to go for film cameras or filters (literally thousands of different types), but did find that the digital stuff
    was a bit pricey.

worth a nosey though as they normally also have a pc fair running at the same time in a different room.

Ste

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.