Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Women to blame for earthquakes

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    KevSB
    KevSB  101407 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Oct 2011 - 11:56 AM

I believe Myself to be open minded how others choose to live there lives in other cultures, but reading in the bbc news about a clerics saying women are to blame for earthquakes. Putting aside the joke side of this , it seems so unreal that peaple can believe this in the modern world[

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8631775.stm

Last Modified By KevSB at 25 Oct 2011 - 11:56 AM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    25 Oct 2011 - 11:56 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MrGoatsmilk
    25 Oct 2011 - 12:11 PM

It is amazing how far behind the rest of the world some still are.

The Phelps family in America are just as crazy.

davey_griffo
    25 Oct 2011 - 12:25 PM

Well that's a turn up, isn't it? It's been my experience that men get blamed for everything by women, as I'm sure that any man who's ever been in a relationship has found. Smile

It's no big surprise it came from a cleric though. Religion is about 2000 years behind the rest of the free-thinking, reasonably intelligent world.

chris.maddock
    25 Oct 2011 - 12:49 PM

Quote: Religion is about 2000 years behind the rest of the free-thinking, reasonably intelligent world.

and the quoted article is only 18-months old Tongue

Zatoichi
    Zatoichi  5707 forum posts United Kingdom
    25 Oct 2011 - 12:58 PM

Recycled propaganda in an effort to slowly 'manufacture consent' for war with Iran?

Wasn't Bush II told to bomb the crap out of Iraq by 'God'? Its a bit weird that was accepted, yet the lunacy is the same.

KevSB
    25 Oct 2011 - 1:13 PM

Quote: and the quoted article is only 18-months old Tongue

My fault, link was passed onto me and I did not check date...lesson learned, check dates lol

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Oct 2011 - 1:35 PM

Quote: It's no big surprise it came from a cleric though

LOL Smile Known in the modern world as a " Clerical Error " .....Grin

The cause and excuse for just about every blunder from a tiny " Typo " to pushing the big red button for waiter service....Smile

Only thing that suprises me is that we have not as yet, Blown this poor planet to bits already, But there is still time, Something as individuals we have a limited amount of....!!!

Wink

KevSB
    25 Oct 2011 - 3:05 PM

I read a last week that the population of planet earth passed 7 billion a few days ago, The bit that shocked me most is that we passed 6 billion only 12 years ago, with the shortage of resources as it is Its very frightening for the future of our kids.
    That will get us before the wars will so plenty of time!

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Oct 2011 - 3:38 PM

Quote: I read a last week that the population of planet earth passed 7 billion a few days ago, The bit that shocked me most is that we passed 6 billion only 12 years ago, with the shortage of resources as it is Its very frightening for the future of our kids.

I've been saying for years that many of the planet's problems are down to too many people. Unfortunately the solutions are all pretty controversial and highly unlikely to be adopted any time soon.

Nigeyboy
    Nigeyboy  6537 forum posts United Kingdom
    25 Oct 2011 - 4:15 PM

To quote Monty Pythons' Holy Grail:
    King Arthur to Sir Bedevere "This new found science amazes me! Tell me once again how sheeps bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes?" Wink

Sus
    Sus  93183 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Oct 2011 - 12:09 AM

Coo! I'll be keeping my thermal vest on to prevent seismic activity then!

Tooth
    Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Oct 2011 - 1:21 AM

Gives new meaning to "did the earth ove for you too, dear?" Smile

User_Removed
    26 Oct 2011 - 6:06 AM

Quote: I've been saying for years that many of the planet's problems are down to too many people

I blame religion for that. Mother Theresa et al espousing no contraception, no pill, no condoms (in Aids-ravaged Africa).

KevSB
    27 Oct 2011 - 10:22 AM

another article that says we have not quite reached 7 billion says im the 2,922,172,910th person alive at the time i was born and 76,469,474,326th person ever born at that time, at the present rate there will be 10 billion population in the next 38 years.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-15391515

joolsb
    joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Oct 2011 - 10:42 AM

Quote: The bit that shocked me most is that we passed 6 billion only 12 years ago, with the shortage of resources as it is Its very frightening for the future of our kids.

What will probably get us in the end will be all the fighting over the remaning scarce resources....

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.