Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Women to blame for earthquakes

KevSB 10 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
25 Oct 2011 11:56AM
I believe Myself to be open minded how others choose to live there lives in other cultures, but reading in the bbc news about a clerics saying women are to blame for earthquakes. Putting aside the joke side of this , it seems so unreal that peaple can believe this in the modern world[

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8631775.stm

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MrGoatsmilk 6 1.5k England
25 Oct 2011 12:11PM
It is amazing how far behind the rest of the world some still are.

The Phelps family in America are just as crazy.
davey_griffo 5 213 165 England
25 Oct 2011 12:25PM
Well that's a turn up, isn't it? It's been my experience that men get blamed for everything by women, as I'm sure that any man who's ever been in a relationship has found. Smile

It's no big surprise it came from a cleric though. Religion is about 2000 years behind the rest of the free-thinking, reasonably intelligent world.
chris.maddock 13 3.4k United Kingdom
25 Oct 2011 12:49PM

Quote:Religion is about 2000 years behind the rest of the free-thinking, reasonably intelligent world.

and the quoted article is only 18-months old Tongue
Zatoichi 5 707 United Kingdom
25 Oct 2011 12:58PM
Recycled propaganda in an effort to slowly 'manufacture consent' for war with Iran?

Wasn't Bush II told to bomb the crap out of Iraq by 'God'? Its a bit weird that was accepted, yet the lunacy is the same.
25 Oct 2011 1:13PM

Quote: and the quoted article is only 18-months old Tongue

My fault, link was passed onto me and I did not check date...lesson learned, check dates lol
cameracat 11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
25 Oct 2011 1:35PM

Quote:It's no big surprise it came from a cleric though

LOL Smile Known in the modern world as a " Clerical Error " .....Grin

The cause and excuse for just about every blunder from a tiny " Typo " to pushing the big red button for waiter service....Smile

Only thing that suprises me is that we have not as yet, Blown this poor planet to bits already, But there is still time, Something as individuals we have a limited amount of....!!!

Wink
25 Oct 2011 3:05PM
I read a last week that the population of planet earth passed 7 billion a few days ago, The bit that shocked me most is that we passed 6 billion only 12 years ago, with the shortage of resources as it is Its very frightening for the future of our kids.
That will get us before the wars will so plenty of time!
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
25 Oct 2011 3:38PM

Quote:I read a last week that the population of planet earth passed 7 billion a few days ago, The bit that shocked me most is that we passed 6 billion only 12 years ago, with the shortage of resources as it is Its very frightening for the future of our kids.

I've been saying for years that many of the planet's problems are down to too many people. Unfortunately the solutions are all pretty controversial and highly unlikely to be adopted any time soon.
Nigeyboy 6 537 United Kingdom
25 Oct 2011 4:15PM
To quote Monty Pythons' Holy Grail:
King Arthur to Sir Bedevere "This new found science amazes me! Tell me once again how sheeps bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes?" Wink
Sus 10 3.2k 9 England
26 Oct 2011 12:09AM
Coo! I'll be keeping my thermal vest on to prevent seismic activity then!
Tooth 9 5.8k 227 Ireland
26 Oct 2011 1:21AM
Gives new meaning to "did the earth ove for you too, dear?" Smile
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
26 Oct 2011 6:06AM

Quote:I've been saying for years that many of the planet's problems are down to too many people

I blame religion for that. Mother Theresa et al espousing no contraception, no pill, no condoms (in Aids-ravaged Africa).
27 Oct 2011 10:22AM
another article that says we have not quite reached 7 billion says im the 2,922,172,910th person alive at the time i was born and 76,469,474,326th person ever born at that time, at the present rate there will be 10 billion population in the next 38 years.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-15391515
joolsb 10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
27 Oct 2011 10:42AM

Quote:The bit that shocked me most is that we passed 6 billion only 12 years ago, with the shortage of resources as it is Its very frightening for the future of our kids.

What will probably get us in the end will be all the fighting over the remaning scarce resources....

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.