Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Wordpress Help

As some of you may be aware, recently I have been playing around building my own website. After looking around I have decided to build my own using Wordpress and hosting via TSOHost. My issue is with Facebook integration. I am trying to sync my likes, comments and blogs so that they automatically update each other. I am a complete novice on the subject so even the whole code etc is something new. What I want to know is how have people managed this. Because I know I am missing something.

Thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

llareggub 4 756 United Kingdom
6 Jan 2013 10:06AM
You shouldn't need to know anything about code to do this, there are a gabazillion plugins out there that are free for you to drop in...

I don't do a great deal on FB so have no need so can not offer advice on which ones work best, but they are easy to add in test and if you do not like just deactivate and try a different one Smile
S far I have tried 3 or 4 different plugins none of which seem to be working, I know I'm missing something which to some people will be obvious
779HOB 2 1.1k United Kingdom
6 Jan 2013 8:26PM
I used to use Networked Blogs to auto update Facebook and Twitter. I don't bother any more and just update Twitter which then updates Facebook. Not sure what other integration you are looking for...... You can have Facebook and Twitter widgets on Wordpress which show your updates from them.
779HOB 2 1.1k United Kingdom
7 Jan 2013 6:58AM
WP also has the option to set sharing buttons for your site - this might be dependant on template you use. Not sure. It will be in the theme settings I think, can't remember exactly it's been a while since I set mine up.
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
7 Jan 2013 10:54AM
Wordpress Jetpack plugin is worth looking into - that has a set of "share" buttons available, along with a whole suite of other cool features. The stats are very useful if you're a blogger - you can see quite clearly what's popular and what's not.

I've just been "tweeting" some older blogs from the Dales and Lakes, they're really popular compared to city/portrait stuff. I guess that's what people are looking for... tips on where to go.
Thanks for all that guys, I'll try those and see how I get on. Nice site too Ade. I aspire to be half as good Smile
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
7 Jan 2013 9:51PM
Cheers Wink
stepr17 2 7 France
8 Jan 2013 11:41AM
You can also create your share and like buttons with Facebook Dev
https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/ or a WP plugin such as Simple Facebook Connect

www.rvbpixels.fr

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.