Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Wordpress Hosting

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    csurry
    csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
    7 May 2011 - 7:02 PM

Can anyone recommend a host for a wordpress site?

I've had a browse and seen a few. Some look better than others, and some are certainly cheaper than others, but looking for some personal recommendations.

Thanks
    Cheryl

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    7 May 2011 - 7:02 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

csurry
    7 May 2011 - 9:24 PM

Thanks Chris. Think namesco was one of those that I found. I bookmarked a couple, but don't recall duport. I'll check them out. Not sure which ones I bookmarked exactly as using a different machine at the moment.

rheyes
    rheyes  1071 forum posts United Kingdom
    8 May 2011 - 10:55 AM

Have a look at aegis hosting, a very good services. Easy install on wordress and a large number of other blog, CMS, image gallery and e-commerce software.

Richard.

csurry
    8 May 2011 - 11:18 AM

Thanks Richard.

I'll take a look at those as well.

Duport looks good, but their website could do with a bit more info really. Hard to find out exactly what you get in comparison to some others. Looks comprehensive, but I may have to give them a call tomorrow just to check things. Need to update my company website as well as the photography site. So it looks like I can host both on Duport and pay only £10 for the second and any subsequent domains, but it is not clear if they can be totally different domains or variations of the first only.

I can't find anything on my current hosts site about supporting Wordpress and as it seems prominent on other hosts web pages I suspect that they are not specifically set up for it.

csurry
    8 May 2011 - 11:45 AM

Exahost for my company website.

csurry
    8 May 2011 - 1:20 PM

One click install sounds best at the moment as I don't have that much time to waste if things don't go to plan.

Think I'll follow up with Duport with a few questions tomorrow.

CloudNext was one that I found.

GillR
    GillR  771 forum posts United Kingdom
    8 May 2011 - 2:43 PM

Hostagator is excellent: inexpensive, reliable and you'll have c-panel control.

csurry
    8 May 2011 - 4:18 PM

Thanks Gill, I'll take a look.

Cloudnext seem reasonable for what I want, but would be nice to hear from someone that has used them.

User_Removed
    8 May 2011 - 5:18 PM

Bookmarked.

SuziBlue
    SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
    8 May 2011 - 5:42 PM

As a matter of interest, if you use one of these hosters to host a Wordpress site, presumably you can shift in another non-Wordpress site for hosting there too? I'm thinking of changing from 1and1 as hosting fees are looking very competitive these days.

SuziBlue
    9 May 2011 - 5:25 PM

Hmm. I have my own website hosted on 1and1 but want to change hosts to reduce costs - that's what I meant by shift in. The other two sites I want to build are separate to my website, or at least, they each have a different theme and both are commercial.

So - I could probably have one as a blog tagged on to a yourname.com website but the second would need to be a standalone. Unless, I have my own site as a standalone and have a nest of commercial sites under one banner, as t'were.

I've been looking at hosts like Godaddy and others, where you can host a number of sites, but I don't know what their reliability is like.

SuziBlue
    9 May 2011 - 7:42 PM

Errrrrrr ... my post disappeared!

Sigh.

Let's try again ...

Quote: I changed hosts to reduce costs on my personal site. I told Streamline that I wanted to leave and told JustHost that I wanted to move there. It was all done online, Streamline gave me a code and I fed that into the JustHost control panel. It wasn't totally painfree (I'm the kind of person who doesn't like filling in forms). I also had to do something with the DNS records.

Yeah I'm after the easy options too. I'm a bit of a technotwit in some respects and tweaking DNS records would likely throw me if I even knew what that entailed Smile

Quote: I wonder if 1 and 1 would do you a better deal if you told them you were thinking of moving, also that you were thinking of going to Go Daddy for more sites. It's much easier to stay where you are but of course it's only newcomers who have the best deals targeted at them.

Not a bad idea. No harm in asking.

Quote: When I tried researching reliability last year it seems you can put into Google "HostingCoName Unreliable" and you always get results and pages of complaints whoever it is. I couldn't find any independent reviews. I did see some fake independent reviews.

Yup. So much choice. I'll try and find a review site that compares a number of hosting sites. Thanks for the input, Chris Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.