Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Wordpress Site - Finally published

OK, now after playing with various free sites and finding them very quick to set-up, but very limiting as to content style. I have taken the plunge and built my own site using Wordpress and hosting through TSOHOST, who I can confirm are very helpful. So after losing many hours and days, much to the annoyance of her indoors, (even found myself lay in bed at 2.30 in the morning tinkering using my iPad), I have now published it and would be grateful for any feedback, I know I have asked this numerous times, however, hopefully you'll see I've taken all your comments on board.
Although initially this is purely about sharing my pictures with world, I would ike to develop and start trying to recoup a few costs. (Her indoors has said that if I can start to make a some money out of my hobby, she will buy me a Canon 70-200 F2.8 L IS USM ll)

My site is at www.chpimaging.co.uk (please feel free to click the like buttons Wink )

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Focus_Man 4 481 631 United Kingdom
8 Jan 2013 1:34PM
One thing that does strike me is the fact that anybody is able to download your pictures which will make it difficult if not impossible to sell any!

Can you not find a way of protecting your web site pictures, like the professional agencies do?

PS I would also straighten the horizon on the pier pictures.
Thanks for that I'll look into it, however the resolution I have upoaded at, shouldn't give that great a print. I don't particulary like adding watermarks as it detracts from the image, and anybody good enough could remove it. If you right click and save or copy, the resulting picture is shocking its very pixelated unless viewing as a thumbnail.
ikett e2
4 372 England
8 Jan 2013 2:33PM
Spotted a typo in the about section
Quote:hmost
llareggub e2
4 758 United Kingdom
8 Jan 2013 2:35PM
I use this plugin "WP Content Copy Protection" to prevent copying of images and text, certainly not fool proof but any hurdle is better than no hurdle Smile

Quote:Spotted a typo in the about section

Fixed thanks

Quote:I use this plugin "WP Content Copy Protection" to prevent copying of images and text, certainly not fool proof but any hurdle is better than no hurdle

Installed

Thanks for those

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.