Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Work Review

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 73293 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
30 Nov 2011 - 3:29 PM

Quote: Quote: I would offer up one suggestion, and that is to have a visible hit count for each picture that is clicked on and viewed.

Joel, that function is already available.

Is it? Where?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
30 Nov 2011 - 3:29 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64345 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
30 Nov 2011 - 3:33 PM

Views, Unique Views and Votes

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 73293 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
30 Nov 2011 - 4:38 PM

Quote: Views, Unique Views and Votes

Which are where?

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
30 Nov 2011 - 4:40 PM

Might just be e2 members.

StuartAt
StuartAt e2 Member 91031 forum postsStuartAt vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
30 Nov 2011 - 5:03 PM

Yep, I believe the Views and Unique Views are only available to E2 members.

fraser
fraser  10631 forum posts Scotland14 Constructive Critique Points
30 Nov 2011 - 5:44 PM

I've stopped posting images at the moment because I need to review what I'm getting out of epz. I did this a few months back and decided to stop following cliques and vote only on those photos I think merited a mention - my vote count dropped through the floor.

I have also realised that unless you post spectacular photographs anything unconventional generally gets bypassed by most viewers. There are a few of the more creative types who pick up on these but many of them prefer images that tend towards digital art rather than straight photography. I've also realised that I struggle to catch the eye of the editor and guest editors. I reckon I'm posting (or was posting) my best work recently but it still rarely gets a look in and there's insufficient feedback to find out why. Maybe I need to post to the critique group but I'm unsure that's the answer (I tried it before and hardly got anything from that either). Maybe I just need to find another outlet to judge how I'm doing.

In short, the jury's back out again.

JohnParminter
30 Nov 2011 - 6:12 PM

Quote:
We plan to look at the way votes work soon. It's been a long time coming but we have an idea how to address this. Before we do we will have a focus group to discuss the ideas.

Just make the decision on what you think is best for your site Pete and forget focus groups, committees etc.

...would be my opinion.

Smile

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64345 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
30 Nov 2011 - 6:20 PM

I do so hope that we won't be "coerced" into "voting properly" just to salve the egos of some members who don't get the recognition they think they deserve. This site is fun, friendly, helpful and interesting. I'd hate the fun and friendly components to be sacrificed to the detriment of many contributors who use the site for many other reasons rather than to just get votes for their photographs. I notice that a few forum contributors dispense with uploading photographs altogether. Are they to be "looked at" too?

Last Modified By SlowSong at 30 Nov 2011 - 6:21 PM
crystalmemories

[quote]I do so hope that we won't be "coerced" into "voting properly" just to salve the egos of some members who don't get the recognition they think they deserve.
I think you will find people on here would like to know where they stand and where they need to improve so how by telling a crap photographer there work is great is helpful to them? this is why you have so many crap photographers around charging for there work because muppets keep telling them there work is great lol this is what is devaluing photographers work?

Last Modified By crystalmemories at 30 Nov 2011 - 6:42 PM
seahawk
seahawk e2 Member 7533 forum postsseahawk vcard United Kingdom
30 Nov 2011 - 6:58 PM

I think David's raised an interesting point though I agree with SlowSong that the intro to his PF is a bit abrasive. I thought about my own PF and the kind words (and votes) that many people have awarded to some of my shots. I really appreciate all the comments and votes and on reflection would plead guilty to not always reciprocating in kind ie I have not commented and voted as much as I should have on photos that I liked. I'll make more of an effort in future to comment/vote where I think it is deserved rather on simply 'returning the favour' so to speak.

I hope that seems a fair position to take.

Martin

SlowSong
30 Nov 2011 - 10:08 PM

I don't return favours. Oh, and Crystal, that hole's getting deeper. Grin

bigalguitarpicker
30 Nov 2011 - 10:13 PM

Quote:

I know that in my eyes there will always be room for improvement for my work but that's just me Smile I think i will send some pics off to the Royal Photographic Society but iv'e never really been one to agree with a panel of judges that mark any type of art just so they can be payed to sit on there butt all day long

Royal Photographic Society panel members don't get paid.

SlowSong
30 Nov 2011 - 10:20 PM

Quote: but iv'e never really been one to agree with a panel of judges that mark any type of art just so they can be payed to sit on there butt all day long

Put your shovel down love.

crystalmemories
30 Nov 2011 - 11:06 PM

Well if that's the case that the Royal Photographic Society don't get paid anything then why do they charge so much? and if you stop paying them you lose everything you have worked for? And in any case you still never answered the question, How does it help someone telling them they are great when clearly they are not????????????????? Slow ?

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225751 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
1 Dec 2011 - 10:51 AM

Quote: We plan to look at the way votes work soon. It's been a long time coming but we have an idea how to address this. Before we do we will have a focus group to discuss the ideas.

Get the sand bags out and in position! LOL!

As far as I'm concerned a vote just means somebody liked the pic, or found something interesting in it.

If they care to say why (or why they didn't) the facility is there.

Mostly they don't!

(Shrugs shoulders... Grin )

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.